Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,361 to 1,380 of 3,547

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,361. Posted:

Just bought Astal for the Sega Saturn off a friend.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,362. Posted:

I ordered the Super Famicom Mickey no Tokyo Disneyland Daibōken cartridge a few days ago from eBay, which arrived today, and so far I think it's a really good game :) I'm so glad I own a RetroDuo system; importing rocks!

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Check out my Personal Super Famicom Recommendations
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,363. Posted:

latest arrivals: Batman of the Future - Return of the Joker, G.A.S.P.!! Fighters NEXTreme, Tom And Jerry - Fists of Fury (all N64 PAL carts)

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

MrArcade

1,364. Posted:

An Atari 2600 jr. with all cables, 2 controllers and a pair of paddle controllers. As well as centipede. Total cost? = £33

MrArcade

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

1,365. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Ryno wrote:

@Tasuki: Glad to hear you finally got a NES and can start playing with power again! That Goodwill of yours is sounds like a piece of retro Nintendoland. I would be checking that place every other day if I was you!

[/div]

[/div]

I check it whenever I have the extra money to spare. Today they had a model 1 Genesis with 2 controllers and hook ups for 15 dollars. :O. If didnt have a Genesis already I would have picked it up for sure but instead I passed it along to my friend.

You know what's super rad about the Model 1 Genesis? It's got a headphone jack and the sound quality is off the charts B-) I tested mine out a few days ago and it's miles better than using the mono cable or especially the RF adapter that it supports sound quality wise. When i fired up Castle of illusion which played for a few minutes i was in blast processing heaven. :D

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,366. Posted:

I believe there's multiple versions of the Model 1, though and the best one (better audio chip) is the one that says "High Definition Graphics" near the cart slot.
(which is what it's referred as. Might also be because it doesn't have a lockout chip that stops unlicensed games from working.)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,367. Posted:

added today: Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000 for Nintendo 64

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,368. Posted:

I got a copy of Actraiser for the SNES (and wow has the value gone up too). I know the Wavemeister is not a fan of this one but I think this game is incredible! It blends action and sim masterfully. I love the early first generation SNES look to it as well. I remember previewing this game in Nintendo Power as one of the first games for the SNES and it was one that got me so excited for the system. The music is fantastic. Arguably it's some of *Yuzo Koshiro[/strong] best work.

Untitled

Arguably it's some of Yuzo Koshiro's best work. The first level's song of Castlevania: Bloodlines totally ripped off Filmore. :P

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

1,369. Posted:

WoAaAaAa, nice buy RynoRaiser ;)
ActRaiser is magical and it totaly conveys that awesome 1st Wave SNES look and feel like you said, and I really dig the action based stages and the phenomenal Radshmastic score by Streets of Rage-club master God Yuzo(I've got a few of his AR tracks on my YouTube which i still bust out every now and then for some fine epic listening) but curse those bloody sim stages. lol It's just not my twang thang whatever that means. I still haven't tried the code to access Hard mode which tosses those sim stages and gives you all of the Action stages in one megafied blender.

Either it really does work or you in fact have to finish the game to get it. I could always just deal through the sim stuff...But it's like painfully digging through a giant pile of Yoshi crap trying to find a sacred glorious golden TMNT turtle pie. :p Funny enough, whenever i think back to this game around the SNES's release, all i can remember WERE the Sim stages of the game. :p
They haunt me til this day! eek!

Oh, and how's Act Raiser II by the way? While it looks to have some wicked fantasty based and super detailed environements it doesn't seem to have timeless feel of the original nor is the soundtrack even remotely close to being as good.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

1,370. Posted:

OH. MY. GLOB. I love ActRaiser, but I don't think I've ever seen a physical copy anywhere. Awesome find, awesome soundtrack. Definitely my favorite game I've "discovered" through the Virtual Console. The only thing I don't like about it is that I'll never beat it; there's just no way I'm ever getting through that boss gauntlet at the end.

Anyway, I decided to order myself a used copy of Wario Land 3 from the Amazon marketplace (the shipping actually costs more than the game lol), since I figure Wario Land: SML3 probably isn't hitting the North American VC for the foreseeable future (and who knows how long it'll take for us to get 3 after that). I love 4 and Shake It!, but I've never played the first three games for more than a combined 15 minutes.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

1,371. Posted:

@RevolverLink

For a second i thought you said Wario Land '3' which is possibly the most boring chore-like Platforming based sequal Nintendo has ever whipped out.
I love the Wario franchise, but 3 was just a frustrating time consuming snooz. The first Wario Land however as in SML3: Wario Land is a total classic. Hope you enjoy it! ;)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,372. Posted:

@Waveboy - BLASPHEMY!!! Not that it's the first time you've said something blasphemous in this thread, but still...

Got a bunch of Gamecube games today, the highlight of which is Baten Kaitos Origins, complete, in great shape, for $6. The first game was good fun, despite the terrible story, and Origins is supposed to be one of the best on the system. I look forward to playing it. :)

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

1,373. Posted:

How dare you Mickey Munchies, that's the last time i ever buy you a Gundam Action figure! :p

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,374. Posted:

The models are better anyways. B-)

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,375. Posted:

Wavealinksky: You should just Blaze and Bomberman your way through the sim stages like you were Bill "Mad Dog" Rizer in Contra. The reviews say the game is pretty easy and short overall. As for Actraiser 2, I have never played it though RetroLuma91 has a nice review on his StarBlog that makes it sound actually really good. Enix turned the original Master into He-Man Master of the Universe!

@RevolverLink: Hmmm... I don't remember the boss gauntlet but it has been way to long since I have played it. Most reviews say that the only downside of this game is how easy it is! Did you try looking online for some help?

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,376. Posted:

Actraiser 2 is okay if you can get the control scheme. Unfortunately, that is a feat of super human ability. I'm not sure how Luma did it, but I've seen several reviews, streams, and let's plays of it, and no one can get past level 2. Also, whoever's telling you Actraiser 1 is too easy is a G-ddamn liar. That game is rock-hard, especially at the end.

Anyways, just won Gotcha Force on eBay for $27 total. Nearly twice as much as I was hoping to pay, but whatever, that's the last expensive game I need, especially since I hear Twin Snakes is awful.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,377. Posted:

I thought Gotcha Force was one of those super-expensive games.
Or maybe it was just the Japanese version? (I recall some news post a few months ago saying Capcom had, very surprisingly, recently reprinted the game in Japan.)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,378. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Also, whoever's telling you Actraiser 1 is too easy is a G-ddamn liar. That game is rock-hard, especially at the end.

Mac, it sounds like you didn't care to much about your townspeople and they didn't believe in you all that much. :p
Anyway, this dude must be a major liar than! "This is the game's only major flaw. It is ridiculously easy to complete!"

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,379. Posted:

Thanks, Ryno, that means a lot! :) I'm glad you liked my ActRaiser 2 review.

AKA StarBoy91
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Check out my Personal Super Famicom Recommendations
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,380. Posted:

Syvalion for the Super Famicom. Probably going to be waiting awhile to get it but at $16 shipped CIB, probably worth it.
Always thought it was a neat idea, but perhaps a bit frustrating.
Though about grabbing a few more common RPGs with it, but decided I've maybe been spending too much money on games lately.
Perhaps the value on ebay is a bit inflated due to the PAL version's scarcity (supposedly that is one of the rarer games?) and the NTSC version's failed attempt to exist. :P

KingMike