Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 4,850

ogo79

@Dracolosse89
thats a cool game indeed
@Ryno you are treading closer and closer to amagon. WaveBoy will be waiting for you at the game over screen when you get there. lol

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

You even got the map to Scheherazade. Wasn't that a mail-in item (making it even rarer)? Or is it Faria that I'm thinking of (another game I'm glad I bought at a trough in its price roller-coaster)? (the collector's quandary: do you cut out a piece of the manual to get a map, or leave it in to keep the manual in mint condition.
Or I guess you cut it out and then look for a mint replacement manual. )

KingMike

Ryno

@Ogo: Oh, I will get Amagon someday. I'm just in no hurry because I am planning on that game to saty pretty cheap someday. Plus, I am secretly hoping for a NSMBW style multiplayer download Amagon HD Remix so you, KingMike, Tasuki, Waveboy and myself could all join up and take it on like Voltron.

@KingMike: Scheherazade came with the map originally and Fair had the mail in. As for my answer to the collector's quandary, I would choose 2 manuals.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

7th_lutz

Big load from a stand at my local fair. Let's say my younger and brother and I were shown games by the owner of the stand the he didn't put out before he saw us. The Store Owner told us that a collector gave him a lot of
Here are all the games we bought from that stand:

Mr. Do -Atari 2600
Mortal Kombat - Gameboy
Pheilios -Genesis
Target Earth -Genesis
Trouble Shooter -Genesis
Adventure Island 4 - Nes
Castlevania: Chorus of Mysteries -Nes
Mega Man Exile - Nes
Megaman: The Revenge of the eight robot masters -Nes
MegaMan 2: Deus Ex Machines -Nes
Sonic the Hedgehog -Nes (Not a typo)
Super Contra 7 -Nes
Super Luco Spoof! : Mario’s Insane quest -Nes
Super Mario Bros.: Super Loco Spoof! 2
Super Mario Bros. 3.5 -Nes
Super Wario bros 3 -nes
The Adventures of Bass II - nes
Duffy Duck: The Marvin Missions - Snes
Pieces - Snes
Young Merlin - Snes

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

ogo79

@Ryno
an amagon remix sounds good, im sure that will never happen but if it does you can count me in day one, on schedule and on time.

@7th_lutz
cool games, hold on to that castlevania hack

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Brutapode89

@7th_lutz I remember Young Merlin on SNES, my brothers played this one!

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

JonWahlgren

I picked up Bubble Bobble on VC last night to introduce me lady to the wonderful psychadelic world of dinosaur bubbles. It was pretty great.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

Ryno

I got these 2 games together for $19 shipped. Clash at Demonhead complete usually goes for over $25.00, I could really care less about Big Nose though. I am debating on whether to sell it or not, what do you guys think?

But seriously, Clash At Demonhead might be one of the best NES games. Waveboy, I'm looking at you, you need to consider this one. I know ogo & KingMike agree with me.

Untitled
Untitled

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Ryno

I also just preordered Nightmare Busters for my SNES as well! I knew they originally sold out but checked again today and saw they are again taking preorders so I thought I better jump on it. This game looks awesome, to bad it is not supposed to come out until 2013 though! Who else has this preordered?

Untitled Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

motang

I just bought Luigi's Manson, Star Fox Adventures, and Odin Sphere. I am thinking of buying a GameCube again since I have a lot of GameCube games still.

NIN10DO

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Got tired of waiting and bought Dragon Warrior I & II and Dragon Warrior III, both on GBC, at a retro shop today.

motang wrote:

I just bought Luigi's Manson, Star Fox Adventures, and Odin Sphere. I am thinking of buying a GameCube again since I have a lot of GameCube games still.

Not a bad idea. Not sure if you have a Wii with GCN components built in, but even then, it can be a pain to play GCN games on the Wii. Also, Odin Sphere is a really good game, but do you have a PS3? If so, you outta get it on there. The game's biggest flaw is its slow down, and the PS3 version reduces said slow down by quite a bit.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ogo79

@Ryno
of course id agree on collision at camel cranium. ive never played that big butt the cavewoman game before, i passed on daydream sisters too but theres a couple games on that site im interested in but theyve been sold out for some time. lookin good over there with the collection man. i know i said id be done around last february but im still not done yet.

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike

Order placed for a Robocco Wars Famicom cart. An obscure cutesy platformer/shooter created (but not published) by Taito. Figured I better buy it while most people have never heard of it.
Most of the game is pretty easy, but last I played it I recall the (last?) level really kicking my butt.

KingMike

Late

Bought these Japanese games although I can't read Japanese. They cost only 25€ so I had to get those (buying CIB English copy of Pokémon Gold alone is worth the same here). I played all of them today to see if they work and I don't have anything bad to say yet. I think some of these games aren't even available in English. I'm also glad to get Pokémon Gold and Dragon Quest 1 & 2 (gonna have hard time because of the language) and a Mystery Dungeon game (I love Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, I hope this one is as good).
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

KingMike

As to the origin of Nightmare Busters...
short story: it's a canceled game from the original days of the SNES
long history: Nightmare Busters is a game made originally by a licensed developer called Arcade Zone (they also made a beat-em called Legend that has amazing graphics but sadly is almost unplayable). They also made a beat-em-up called Iron Commando (which should not be confused with another beat-em-up called Captain Commando) that also had nice graphics, and a little more playable. Apparently it was scheduled for Europe but never arrived, leaving it an obscure (and rare and expensive) Japanese exclusive.
Nightmare Busters was supposedly shown at Nintendo's Space World '94 trade show (and a screen seen in NP's report in March '95). If the people who made the Super Famicom bootleg should be believed (Japan does take their video game history pretty seriously), it was probably meant to be published by Nichibutsu/Nihon Bussan (they use both names interchangably) in early 1995. (listed as game #17 on the fake box. Nichibutsu's actual 17th SFC game was the block-pushing puzzle game Puzzle'n Desu, published April 14, 1995. So, at least the timeframe seems plausible.
Then around 2005, a prototype cart turned up on ebay. Someone bought it, the ROM eventually leaked out to the Internet.
We see the graphics are pretty good, and the game is kind of fun, but as I recall the game was challenging partly due to stiff control.
A few years later, Brandon Cobb of Super Fighter (who previously localized a few Chinese Mega Drive RPGs, as well as fixing up an unreleased official localization of a licensed Genesis RPG called Star Odyssey or Blue Almanac in Japan) found out about it and decided to get permission to legally reproduce it.
Unsure how much it will be changed for the Super Fighter version.

KingMike

ogo79

@WaveBoy
ive actually got most of those games. battle kid and holy diver are what slowed me down. youre missing out on those two. ive also got to beat all the castlevania games for gba and ds.

the_shpydar wrote:

Brutapode89
  • Illusion of Time (Illusion of Gaia) on SNES
    http://cdn-static.gamekult.com/gamekult-com/images/photos/00/00/80/51/ME0000805151_2.jpg

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

Ryno

ogo79 wrote:

@Rynoof course id agree on collision at camel cranium. ive never played that big butt the cavewoman game before, i passed on daydream sisters too but theres a couple games on that site im interested in but theyve been sold out for some time. lookin good over there with the collection man. i know i said id be done around last february but im still not done yet.

What games would you get from Super Fighter Team? I think I would order Beggar Prince, Legend of Wukong, and Star Odyssey if they were to release them again. How many games do you have? I cannot imagine ever being done, and that is just talking about 8 and 16 bit games!

Welcome back from your stay-away vacation Wavey. So you picked up those 6 retro Game Paks recently or have those been just lounging around the beach house soaking up the sea breeze?

So here’s my thoughts on Nightmare Busters. I may be repeating some of what KingMike said previously. So it was originally designed by Christophe Gayraud, who unfortunately passed away this year before he could see his game released, back in 1994 to be released for the SNES. A screenshot made it into Nintendo Power in 1995. So it’s not some homebrew or ROM hack. I like the story, it takes place in the world of dreams and you play as leprechauns battling the master of nightmares. That’s rich. Where you going to find a story like that nowadays? It has the cool big sprite arcade look of the late 80’s and early 90’s that are oh so Bananarama awesome with the quarter-munching challenge to match. The YouTube video of Nightmare Busters is from the prototype. Super Fighter Team has working on polishing the game for a couple of years now hence why it will not be released for like 3 years since it was announced. Super Fighter Team is also very particular about detail instead of the cheaper homebrew released or reusing old carts and they include the box (case for Genes games) and a color manual. So yeah, I am looking forward to getting 1 of the 1200 copies of a “new” Super Nintendo game in 2013!

As for Ninja games, I don’t think I could have too many of them I am on the lookout for a complete copy of Shadow of the Ninja for a fair price and would love a copy of Hagane.

Well, glad you are back to VideoLand. You know we are like the Planeteers around here, when one is missing it is not the same!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Mk_II

my latest retro purchase, a box full of N64 Lodgenet controllers: Untitled

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic