Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,321 to 1,340 of 3,604

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

1,321. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Wave, how much scrilla do you have? Though not a true physical copy its got the looks that if Roxette were still around making 80’s hits they would be singing about it! :D Untitled

Anyway, to be honest I can only stand Atari for small chunks of Stay-Puff Marshmellow Man pie. The Flashback is good for just that and then I quickly realize I would rather play the NES or SNES!

Looks like Bloke gave you some great recommendations for the Atari. I would throw in Donkey Kong, Frogger, Space Invaders, Pac Man and Q-Bert. I also remember borrowing Raiders of the Lost Ark so I would like to get that one someday. Might not be any good though.

[/div]

Hah! Mega Man 9 NES copies go for as much as $500(as rare as they are), I'd be better off blasting back in time with Bill Rizer and scoring a killer 10 minute date with Laura Branigan. :p And that's exactly why I want the Atari, a console to play in teeny little bite sized Belmont cookie crum pieces, because they don't seem to offer that much variety when it comes to....Well, everything. :D But like the commodre 64(atlhough it's more advanced) it offers such a distinct and authentic experience. MadAssueDude was right about one thing. When playing the Atar 2600....playing it at night, in the dark, on a wood panel retro tube TV, with crickets chirping in the background is a MUST :p

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

1,322. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

So it's not retro because it's not part of your childhood? That's not how it works, but okay...

[/div]

No, i don't consider it 'retro' because it's barely over 10 years old.....Too soon to be labeling it that, wait another 10 and then I'll agree with you.

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,323. Posted:

Here is my latest retro purchase which I just received today, one of the last three games released for the NES in NA. I am slowly collecting the NES Mega Man's... :D I never played this one since I was long gone from the NES and onto the Super by 1994. I don't think Europe has ever had this game released even in a collection?

I wonder how long this one will take to appear on the VC since it was published by Nintendo in NA?

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

1,324. Posted:

@Ryno

Funny stuff! considering MM6 was going to be my next Retro buy. I'm hoping it's more enjoyable than 5 was, which i feel is easily the weakest and most uninspired, bland and unchallenging Mega Muncher of the NES series. I'm not saying it's bad by any means, because it's not. it's actually a pretty decent experience, but in comparison to the previous 4(yup, even 4) it was definitly not in league, almost as if somebody else entirely got a hold of their Dirty Dr.Wily mits on the franchise. The soundtrack for the most part didn't exactly capture the feeling or atmopshere of the stages themselves, while instead it all came off rather Spacey for the most part....pretty mellow shnizzy' to be exact. :p

I really dig the aquatic chip tunes in this stage, better than Wave's in MM5 that's for sure.

As for MM6, Centaur man is all sorts of awesome! Pretty unique choice for a water based stage as well. B-) But ya, i too missed out on this one as well since it released later on the NES's life span. How much did you get it CIB for btw? B-) Even though I have some slight doubts about 6, i feel like it's going to best out 5 and 4, possibly even 3 for me...Here's hoping! But nothing will ever touch the greatness of 2 and 9, maybe one day if we ever see a damn MM11 rear it's inafune-less funkaclicious diabolicle 8-bit head. :p

Edited on by theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,325. Posted:

6 is blaaaand guys. Music is decent at best. There's some good tracks, but not many.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,326. Posted:

@Waveboy&Mickeymac: I have had this debut dozens of times and really each person has a different definition of retro as can be seen by my thread here http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/retro/what_does_retro_mean... However the definition of retro here on The Nintendo Life boards from what a little dragon told me iirc is any non-current system or non-current gen can be discussed here. So yes even though PS2 is still in production it is considered a last gen console along with Gamecube and Xbox so they can be discussed here in the retro forums.

Edited on by James

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,327. Posted:

@Tasuki: thread not found, man.

Either way, the bottom line is that we don't really care whether or not anyone personally thinks something is 'retro enough' for the Retro section here. this isn't a voting area, it's a place to talk about video games. if it's not a current-gen system or game it's fair game for the 'retro' boards and will not be locked or deleted on the 'well it's not old enough' basis alone. If that's not good enough for you, ignore the comment or topic in question and move on to the next one.

if we could get back to discussing actual purchases made, that would be just ducky. thanks in advance, everyone~!

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,328. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

@Tasuki: thread not found, man.

Fixed I think.

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/retro/what_does_retro_mean...

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

MAB

1,329. Posted:

Has anyone played or remember 'Outlander'. I recently purchased the Genesis with the RCA mod from Ebay this game has that awesome Mad Max vibe. Also got 'Chakan' 'The Ooze' 'Terminator' 'Mortal Kombat II' and 'Rocket Knight Adventures' basically gonna be getting all the cool gems they don't want to release on VC :)

Edited on by theblackdragon

MAB

AuthorMessage

Linky_97

1,330. Posted:

I got Metroid Prime 2: Echoes yesterday! I just beat Metroid Prime so im going to start play 2 now :)

Wii U online games:
Injustice Gods Among Us, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, Assassin's Creed III, Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 Wii U Edition and Trine 2: Directors Cut
3DS Online games:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Tell me if you want to play :)

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8763-9592 | Nintendo Network ID: Linky97

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

1,331. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Has anyone played or remember 'Outlander'. I recently purchased the Genesis with the RCA mod from Ebay this game has that awesome Mad Max vibe. Also got 'Chakan' 'The Ooze' 'Terminator' 'Mortal Kombat II' and 'Rocket Knight Adventures' basically gonna be getting all the cool gems they don't want to release on VC :)

[/div]

Rocket Knight Adventures is an absolute Genesis gem dude! I honestly never cared too much for Sonic when i first nabbed myself a Genesis....Super Mario World on the other hand completely blew me away and knocked my Thundercats socks off in amazement. :D while Sonic just left me bummed. I'm so glad i scored Castle of Illusion with the Genesis during it's release instead which is still to this day the system favorite of mine which i actually just picked up about a month ago in preperation for 'Power of Illusion' on the 3DS.

Anyways! When good old Rockey Knighty' hit the scene it was pretty damn impressive, and it boasted a killer score with easily one of the greatest Boss tunes to hit the Mega Drive.

Haven't played it's sequal Sparkster, but the original has this classical timeless visual style and distinct charm about it. It's pretty challenging too which is obviosuly a good thing! i'm sure you'll enjoy it. ;)Right now I'm extremely tempted to pull the Terminator triggger on one of the following PhantAbulous Retro goodies!
Mega Man 6, Castlevania Bloodlines and Contra Hardcorps.

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,332. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Supposedly Terminator for Sega CD was pretty cool, but Terminator for Genesis is a different game.
I'm speaking of the Genesis game. It's insane. You only get one life to beat the entire game. While it's good that it's (I hear) only four levels. But you know if it's only four levels, those better be the hardest four levels ever. I tried it on Normal, and I don't even know how you're supposed to get past this hallway near the beginning of the level. You get grenades, but they're a completely inappropriate weapon for that because they arc and hit the ceiling and can't hit the enemies running at you before they hit you. So, I guess the only way to survive is take the hits and pray the game is kind and gives you health potions from the enemies (it probably won't)? (on easy, they give you a machine gun before that part so you actually have a good chance of surviving)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

1,333. Posted:

rayman(gbc) donkey kong(gb) both vc

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns a Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL and a Wii U Deluxe.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,334. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

How's The Ooze? I wasn't sure if that was a game I'd enjoy. Same with Chakan.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,335. Posted:

@WaveKnight: MM6 complete cost me $71.00 shipped complete. It seems that $70.00 is the low end for a complete copy so I finally figured what the hey. Man, I am such a nerd though, I enjoy watching the market (ebay) for video games :P As for the three video games you want at the moment, Mega Man 6 cart only you would be looking to pay $20-25, Castlevania: Bloodlines cart only $10-15, and Contra: Hard Crops cart only $15-20.

That is funny you mentioned Sparkster. I was just checking that out today. I want that game for SNES but it sure is a pricey and rare for a complete one!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,336. Posted:

@Ryno: Awesome purchase their on MM6 man. Man I soooo need to make a retro purchase here soon. Might take a trip to my local Goodwill.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,337. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Mega Man 6 cart only you would be looking to pay $20-25, Castlevania: Bloodlines cart only $10-15, and Contra: Hard Crops cart only $15-20.

You sure we're shopping the same eBay? I see a lot of Biddings for under $20 here, while Castlevania Bloodline is typically in the $20-$30+ range, all cart only. There aren't enough cart-only Hard Corps left to tell the average price right now, though.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,338. Posted:

Castlevania: Bloodlines must've risen lately. I heard that game was pretty common, so much that someone said Toys 'R Us was still swamped with (cardboard box) new copies as late as 2000.
Personally, I got mine a couple years ago for under $10, though that was cart only and in pretty crappy condition (dried sticker residue all over the label). Still plays fine, though. I recall passing up the game for $50 NIB (ebay BIN price) at the time.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

1,339. Posted:

Two new games for my Neo Geo Pocket Color, Metal Slug 1st Mission and SNK Vs. Capcom Match of the Millennium.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems and games!!!!!!!!!!
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97
And my Blog! HandheldBlog

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,340. Posted:

Square-enixFan wrote:

Two new games for my Neo Geo Pocket Color, Metal Slug 1st Mission and SNK Vs. Capcom Match of the Millennium.

I hope it wasn't you I lost to last week...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~