Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,301 to 1,320 of 3,348

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,301. Posted:

Wave, how much scrilla do you have? Though not a true physical copy its got the looks that if Roxette were still around making 80’s hits they would be singing about it! :D Untitled

Anyway, to be honest I can only stand Atari for small chunks of Stay-Puff Marshmellow Man pie. The Flashback is good for just that and then I quickly realize I would rather play the NES or SNES!

Looks like Bloke gave you some great recommendations for the Atari. I would throw in Donkey Kong, Frogger, Space Invaders, Pac Man and Q-Bert. I also remember borrowing Raiders of the Lost Ark so I would like to get that one someday. Might not be any good though.

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

1,302. Posted:

Hi folks, I have just purchased an Intellivision console (original one with the telephone wired controllers,inlays ,what have you) with about 20, boxed with inlays and instructions, games.
Mostly sports. Though there is a cool looking tank game and Tron:Deadly disks which is kinda fun. Are these things worth much? I'm not sure they was that popular here in the UK. I paid £5 for the lot.:)Everything works fine etc.
Also is there any games that anyone would recommend?
I'm pretty impressed with the thing, I mean it looks like wood, it has these weird/cool golden padded controllers, the inlays are genius and I just love the curly wire. WOW!! :D Any fans of the console in this here thread?

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,303. Posted:

I'm a fan of the AVGN episode, if that counts. :P

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

1,304. Posted:

Ha I've never seen that. What is it? Any good? :)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,305. Posted:

OldBoy wrote:

Ha I've never seen that. What is it? Any good? :)

http://cinemassacre.com/2008/03/25/doublevision-part-1-intell... - see for yourself. I quite liked it.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,306. Posted:

Are these things worth much?

Not NES level valuable - this is very much a niche market - but complete & boxed games can be quite valuable, depending on rarity and condition.
Like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=40...

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

1,307. Posted:

@Mickeymac Ha ,thanks for that link.I enjoyed that ,I've got a few of those games he shown.
@Mk_II Damn!! Not got that game!! :D

AuthorMessage

bub166

1,308. Posted:

Semi-recently got both Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga and Final Fantasy 1 + 2 for GBA. FF1+2 had a slightly damaged box, but it had the manual and all inserts. Not too bad for about $16. M&L:SS came in a nearly perfect box, and was only missing one insert, I think. And that was only $11, if I recall correctly.

I also borrowed Metroid: Zero Mission and A Link to the Past for GBA from a friend. I must say, Zero Mission is way better than I expected. It feels like it's really just Metroid being remade in the exact same fashion as Super Metroid. Really, that is the case. And I must say, I like it.

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

AuthorMessage

DoodleJohn

1,309. Posted:

My grandpa bought me Pikmin 2 off of eBay for $60 a few weeks back...
..two days before Pikmin 2 for Wii was announced...

Gotta love MOTHER!
Earthbound is being re-released! Huzzah!
http://www.backloggery.com/doodlebob
thedoodledude.tumblr.com My Tumblr! Check it out? Say yes to me? Say no to me...!?

AuthorMessage

MrArcade

1,310. Posted:

@Waveboy
You might want to check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5CE3A5092D8575DB&f...

Edited on by MrArcade

MrArcade

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,311. Posted:

I just got these on my 3DS :)

Untitled

Untitled

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,312. Posted:

DoodleJohn wrote:

My grandpa bought me Pikmin 2 off of eBay for $60 a few weeks back...

wow... is it really that expensive Stateside? i paid only 2 euro for a near-mint copy last year

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,313. Posted:

Hoooo yes it is. We never got Pikmin 2 Wii, remember?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,314. Posted:

Yep, $50-60 complete for Pikmin 2 is pretty normal.
Don't know if that will hold true when the NA Wii version is released in a couple weeks.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

bub166

1,315. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Hoooo yes it is. We never got Pikmin 2 Wii, remember?

What he says is true, I rarely see a copy for less than $40. But as I mentioned earlier in the thread, I got it for $10 last year due to a mislabeling as Pikmin 1 by the nearest GameStop.

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

AuthorMessage

MAB

1,316. Posted:

Had a look at JB HiFi today and you can get Pikmin 2 Wii for $20 new, Xenoblade is already down to $60 new (was $90 2 months ago) Last Story and Pandora's Tower are already at $70 down from $90. Looks like I will be getting some cheap games next year thats if Wii U goes through a drought which I think will be very unlikely.

MAB

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,317. Posted:

When people start throwing down PS2 titles in a Retro forum you know you're getting too old for this stuff. :P

Anything beyong the '16 bit' era for me personally I feel just isn't Retro. It's hard to stomach even the N64 being retro... But the PS2 and XBOX is just taking it even further, what's next? Are people are going to be talking about Wii games being Retro as soon as they Wii U hits the shelves?

When i think 'Retro' i think Atari 2600, NES, Commodre 64, SNES, Genesis ect, nothing beyond that really. But it's probably because of the sprite based graphics, anything 3D for some reason just doesn't click or shout 'retro' different times for all of us i guess, but older gamers on here nowadays are few and far between, at least in the forums(Most just post on the main page's articles). MadAussueBloke is the current New king of everything Rad, bad and retro, all should kneel before him while he smashes and trashes your N64's, game cubies and PS2zies'. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,318. Posted:

The PS2 is over a decade old. I can't see how it couldn't be retro. Most of those games I got were early in the system's life, too.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,319. Posted:

I'm a decade older than you and the PS2 still doesn't feel retro to me. :p I'm sure maybe it kind of(nah, who am i kidding) is if you're going by how many years it's been but to me i don't think I'll ever consider it Classic 'Retro' retro no matter how many years fly by. It's the whole 3D polygon thing that derails me, but that's just how i personally feel about it, like many NES-kids of the 80's and early 90's.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,320. Posted:

So it's not retro because it's not part of your childhood? That's not how it works, but okay...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~