Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,281 to 1,300 of 3,449

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,281. Posted:

Albert Odyssey for the Sega Saturn. I've wanted this game for a very long time. Got it disk only for $40, which is a better price that I see it going online in the same condition. I wonder if anybody's selling the box? Not that I need it.

Link_Belmont wrote:

Sonic Gems Collection for GCN! What a great game! I have a question is this game rare?

Not the last I checked. Sonic Mega Collection for the GCN seems to be hard to find, though.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's the otherway around, now! I better get my hands on Mega Collection while it's still cheap!

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Late

1,282. Posted:

Link_Belmont wrote:

Sonic Gems Collection for GCN! What a great game! I have a question is this game rare?

Great? We must have different games.

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage

Linky_97

1,283. Posted:

Late wrote:

Link_Belmont wrote:

So you dont like Sonic CD? Its my favourite 2D sonic game!

Wii U online games:
Injustice Gods Among Us, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, Assassin's Creed III, Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 Wii U Edition and Trine 2: Directors Cut
3DS Online games:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Tell me if you want to play :)

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8763-9592 | Nintendo Network ID: Linky97

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,284. Posted:

It's the only great game on the disk, unfortunately, but it's still great enough to make it a worthy purchase.

MikeDanger1 wrote:

Shin Megami Tensei:Nocturne and Robopon Sun version.

Just saw this. Props, man. I haven't played much of Robopon, but it seems pretty cool. Nocturne, on the otherhand, is a great game, through and through.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Starzsixty9

1,285. Posted:

I treated myself to a retro shopping spree :)

Gamecube
Starfox Adventures

N64
Goldeneye
Pokemon Stadium
Banjo Kazooie/Tooie

SNES
Mario is Missing
Super Alfred Chicken

NES
TMNT 2 Arcade game
Rainbow Islands
Parasol Stars
Adventure Island
Megaman 2
SMB2

Gameboy
James Bond
Kirby's Dream Land 2 (didnt wanna wait for the VC US release)

Starzsixty9

AuthorMessage

Late

1,286. Posted:

Link_Belmont wrote:

Late wrote:

Link_Belmont wrote:

So you dont like Sonic CD? Its my favourite 2D sonic game!

Like Mickeymac said: It's the only great game on the disk, unfortunately.
And I'm not that much into Sonic in general. I just happened to buy Gems Collection as it came with some other games.

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,287. Posted:

@Starzsixty9, I always wished I had experienced Banjo Kazooie Tooie, before I sold my N64. Also, what type of premise does Rainbow Islands have? That name sounds very familiar, but I know for a fact I never owned the cart. There were so many NES titles I was never able to own, because I was to young to be employed back then.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,288. Posted:

I went garage saleing and got this like new condition Atari Flashback 2 for 5 bucks! The dude said he played it once for a quick flashback and then never played it since. The joysticks are like the real ones that came with the original so I can hook them up to my vintage wood veneer Atari 2600! :D It comes with 40 games on it including Pitfall!, Combat, Centipede, Adventure, Missile Command, and my favorite River Raid. I will have to hook this sucker up around Halloween and play some Haunted House.

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,289. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Not the last I checked. Sonic Mega Collection for the GCN seems to be hard to find, though.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's the otherway around, now! I better get my hands on Mega Collection while it's still cheap!

If you plan to play it, the Plus versions for PS2 and XBox are supposed to have more games than the original GC version, if you have those.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,290. Posted:

I have plus. The added games are all on Gems Collection, and the extras are way worse than the Gamecube version (I used to have it but I sold it for Plus)

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

edhe

1,291. Posted:

Last week I bought a few Megadrive games, and today, I bought the console to play them on. It's a third party one, because I hope to play NTSC games on it.

As for the games (besides the ones preloaded onto the console - Sonic, Crack Down, etc., etc.) I bought the following:

FIFA International Soccer - Electronic Arts - A bit of a mistake - the SNES version is far superior. It did only cost me 35p

Mega Games I - SEGA - Because i wanted to play the awesome "original mode" on Super Hang On!. However, I had a go on World Cup Italia 90', and ended up getting quite engrossed in it. I did a world cup tour as England (faced Belgium, Morocco and FRG (Germany, before reunification with the Communist East - in fact, you can tell the age of a sports game when it has a supreme USSR team and a West Germany team) in the first rounds, faced Scotland in the Second Round (4-0!), Uruguay in the Quarters, Argentina in the Semis, and of course, FRG in the finals), and won comfortably. I guess I'll try it as South Korea next. Interestingly, the game features a lot of moustaches, which also dates the game quite a bit.

The music is pretty catchy though.

Didn't bother with Columns, because I have the SEGA collection opn steam, and the game itself is pretty dull.

Road Rash II - Electronic Arts - Dissapointing on two counts. Firstly, because it's the PAL version, which slows the music (particularly Tennessee) down to an almost discordant crawl, and secondly, because it appears to be faulty. The game crashes part way through a level. Which is a shame, because I was expecting it to be my favourite buy of the lot. On the other hand, I may look for the NTSC version. I'm also keen to get Road Rash 3, which after my experiences with Road Rash II will have to be the NTSC version as well.

Pete Sampras Tennis - Codemasters - I owned this when I was younger, and when I saw it in the shop, I jumped at the chance to buy it again. My favourite feature is the hidden "Huge Tour" mode, where you can play full 5-set tournaments for cash. Plenty of scope for replayability.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,292. Posted:

@edhe, you'll probably have much better luck with Road Rash titles on the Playstation. That's if you actually own a Playstation, though. I remember my next door neighbor would play that game for hours on his Playstation. He would get so pissed off at the game too. He would cuss and curse up a storm, while threatening to smash his Playstation remote. It was F'ing hilarious. I was in tears a few times, because I was laughing so damn hard. Ah... Those were good times. :)

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

edhe

1,293. Posted:

@G4L

I never considered the PS versions. I seem to remember the one that appeared on the N64 was pretty shoddy.

I'll look in to them on the PSone, but I definitely want to pick up the Megadrive ones - all three of them in fact.

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

1,294. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

It's the only great game on the disk, unfortunately, but it's still great enough to make it a worthy purchase.

MikeDanger1 wrote:

Shin Megami Tensei:Nocturne and Robopon Sun version.

Just saw this. Props, man. I haven't played much of Robopon, but it seems pretty cool. Nocturne, on the otherhand, is a great game, through and through.

ROBOPON is kinda cool though the battery on it is soooo old it won't even save.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,295. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

I went garage saleing and got this like new condition Atari Flashback 2 for 5 bucks! The dude said he played it once for a quick flashback and then never played it since. The joysticks are like the real ones that came with the original so I can hook them up to my vintage wood veneer Atari 2600! :D It comes with 40 games on it including Pitfall!, Combat, Centipede, Adventure, Missile Command, and my favorite River Raid. I will have to hook this sucker up around Halloween and play some Haunted House.

Untitled
Untitled

Awesome find! Apperantly the Atari Flashback 2 goes for around 60 Comso-Casey Jones dollars on eBay so you got quite the Soda Popinski decliciO deal. B-) I'm still going to go for the original Atari 2600(Last retro console i'm buying) and get the games seperatly, but the Flashback 2 I've gotta say seems pretty damn tempting considering it's packed in with a number of titles including Pit Fall. But, knowing me I've gotta have the cartridges. It's bad enough that they never sold Mega Man 9 for retail on the Wii...I say pfff to downloadables, i need a physical copy, a case and a booklet old school style so i can jam that baby in my gaming shelf and gaze apon thee' in all of it's most gradose and radical glory. B-)

But yup! You've got to give me some Atari recommendations so i don't end up buying horrible Titles such as E.T.(which i will buy anyways!) mainly due to modern Angry Video Game Nerd nostalgia. :p At times like this i really wish i had one of those wooden panel TV's like i used to, playing the Atari just wont feel right on anything else. Even though my 20" sony 1992 Tube Tv will be the next best thing. B-)

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

MAB

1,296. Posted:

@Ryno yeah its pretty cool I have seen them at Kmart (aussie Walmart) for 20 bucks I went for the AT games Megadrive with 50 built-in games for 50 bucks just so I could play 'Chakan'. I still have my Atari 2600 original @Wavesta I recommend 'Bump n Jump' 'Double Dragon' 'Commando' 'Battlezone' 'Skateboardin' 'Rampage' 'Keystone Kapers' 'Pole Position' 'Dark Chambers' 'Crystal Caves' 'Frostbite' 'River Raid' and my all time favourite 'Hero' ;)

Edited on by MAB

MAB

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,297. Posted:

@MadAussieBlokster'
Thanks dude! I'll definitly plunk those down on my 'to get list' whenever i get around to snaging a 2600 off of eBay.
Pitfall will be the first buy, along with ET. But whatever comes next will definitly be the ones on that list.

"Dark Chambers" sounds spoOoOOoOky. :p I'll check out some YouTube video's in a bitty' B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

MAB

1,298. Posted:

@waveski glad to be of assistance my liege 'Dark Chambers' is like the very first Zelda/Gaunlet type game and 'Hero' is one of the most addictive + hard as nails platform/adventures on the A2600. These 2 purchases would bring that major retrofied Atari experience of your dreams just make sure to get those crickets chirping and frogs croaking in the background bro ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,299. Posted:

Got 4 PS2 games today, most of which are RPGs:

Okage: The Shadow King
Radiata Stories
Suikoden IV
Gungrave: Overdose

Truth be told, none of these games are great, but at least they were cheap.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,300. Posted:

Today i received the Holy Grail of Nintendo 64 PAL collecting... Starcraft 64 :D
This is an Australia-only release with a limited production run and very hard to find here in Europe if you dont want to pay a lot of money.

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog