Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 4,850

KingMike

Gauntlet IV for Genesis CIB for $13 shipped.
I thought this game was somewhat in demand. Then again, a new copy recently sold on ebay for only pennies more. Hope it wasn't to the person selling it for $153 on amazon.

KingMike

MysticX

Recently i got "Mega man 2" on a flea market (With box, albeit a tattered one ) and 3 cart-only SNES games at the local thrift-store ("Killer instinct" "Tintin in Tibet" and "Prehistorik man", IIRC), don't remember which of them is most recent though

Now you see, evil will always triumph, because good is dumb! >:D

_Octoling_

Sonic Riders, DK Land 2, SML 2, NBA Live 2006

Majora's Mask = Best Game Of All Time
3DS FC- 2380-2910-9753

EvilRegal

Don't know about mentioning it here, since it was released on Wii Shop, but Double Dragon II. Can't get the theme song out of my mind, and that's a good thing! Hope my moolah situation improves here soon, so I can continue acquisition of classic games I've missed, at Amazon! I'm a weirdo. I can't just get used games at a local shop. I have to get my old games brand new/like new with instructions & box. I don't feel like it's truly mine otherwise.

Wanting to get a new/prime condition copy of Saturday Night Slam Masters for SNES sometime soon (or DL it on Wii/Wii U Shop if it's there sooner).

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Ryno

RetroLuma91 wrote:

Thanks, Ryno, that means a lot! I'm glad you liked my ActRaiser 2 review.

You’re welcome, your video game blog is 5 Lumas quality in my book, keep up the great work!

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Really stoked to finally get some more Metroid goodness. One bite of Fusion and I instantly wanted more. Can't wait to play the definitive version of the original Metroid. That's right. A retro nut like me just said he prefers the remake to the original. This is probably the only time I will though. The map is just such a blessing. The original is still fun though.

A very blasphemous thing to say Retro! The Gods of Videoland have banished you for one year!

So, I got my copy of Super Mario Bros. Supposedly its about this plumber that has to save the princess or something. I don’t know if any of you have ever heard of this game or not…

The box is the original NES style with the hangtab unpunched still though admittedly not in the best condition but the manual is mint like Binaca.
Untitled

FluttershyGuy wrote:

Don't know about mentioning it here, since it was released on Wii Shop, but Double Dragon II. Can't get the theme song out of my mind, and that's a good thing! Hope my moolah situation improves here soon, so I can continue acquisition of classic games I've missed, at Amazon! I'm a weirdo. I can't just get used games at a local shop. I have to get my old games brand new/like new with instructions & box. I don't feel like it's truly mine otherwise.

Wanting to get a new/prime condition copy of Saturday Night Slam Masters for SNES sometime soon (or DL it on Wii/Wii U Shop if it's there sooner).

No, that doesn't make you a weirdo, being from Oklahoma makes you a weirdo. I kid... Anyway, I am the same way too; I have to have the box and manual otherwise it feels incomplete liked a bowl of Freakies cereal without the toy in the box! As for digital copies of games, that feel likes watching the California Raisins without the claymation! Makes me shudder just thinking about it.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

Here is my latest:
Untitled

A quick shot of Earthbound on the 59'er
Untitled

So according to Corbie's 2009 Earthbound Review, one could snag an Earthbound cart for $80-$90. Fast forward to 2012 and it looks like the going rate for cart only is $150-$160 shipped. At this rate I thought I better get on the Earthbound gravy train now.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Ryno

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Hello sunshine! How much did the cost you? 180? Congrats dude, you're really lucky. I'm jealous, lol.

Haha... nope. But check out how much a complete copy goes for these days...

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

@Ryno
haha i know how much you payed for it
get the battery changed before you start your quest for petes sake.
if you have any questions on this game or need help holler at me.
welcome to the earthbound cib club, where waiting for a virtual console release is not a reality.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

@RynoShredder Everytime i see that massive Earthbound SNES box it brings back so many mega memories. Do you remember the Earthbound Scratch 'n sniff Nintendo Power Magazine(or were they cards, can't remember exactly.)? And while Nostalgia for this wonderful classic surges through my veins like Pee Wee Herman's obsession with giant tin foil balls i never played too much of it, once again I used to watch my friend play it which could be said for Super Metroid, Final Fantasy III and Zelda ALTTP as well. sigh* I guess I was just too into Action,(Mario, Mega Man ect) and a bit anti-exploration where as turn based combat did absolutely nothing for me.
And man, can you switch those grey bars on the side of screen to black on your plasma when viewing full screen content? My Older LG plasma didn't have the option and i found it impossible to enjoy anything fullscreen with those funkin' light grey bars on the side. And how do retro games hold out on the 59"er? I've noticed both on my Plasma and LCD that there's this weird grainy/background distorting effect whenever the background scrolls for sidescrollers. Wii VC games work perfectly fine and don't have this provlem but hooking an actual NES up(haven't tried my SNES) wasn't a good experience. But I've got a 20" Sony Tube from 1992, so I'm set!

The Earthbound Player's Guide that originally came with it had 6 scratch and sniff cards which I have but they are no longer attached which stinks. I think Nintendo Power had a Itchy and Scratchy and sniff advertisement in the mag though. By the way, you really need to get around to A Link to the Past and Super Metroid.

Those grey bars are there to stay unfortunately though it doesn't bother me to much. I don't get distracted by them with my Ryu Hayabusa laser focus. I haven't experienced any other issues with my NES or Super though. MetalStorm is a good test for "scrolling" and I think that and the other games I have tried for my NES and Super all look pretty good on the 59er actually though not as good as a CRT.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

CanisWolfred

Just got .hack//Mutation and .hack//Outbreak for for the PS2 for $12 each. These are games that regularly go for $30 each, so I really lucked out. Unfortunately, I may not have such luck for .hack//Quarantine, which regularly goes for over $50...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryno

ogo79 wrote:

@Ryno haha i know how much you payed for it
welcome to the earthbound cib club, where waiting for a virtual console release is not a reality.

I know I should get that battery changed, I need to find a store that will do it. I would normally try it but I don't want to mess Earthbound up. Did you know there are fake Earthbound carts out there according to Earthbound Central? I opened up mine to make sure it was legit. I will holla at a playa if I have questions.
Thanks for welcoming me to the Earthbound CIB Club! Love the motto!

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

@Ryno haha i know how much you payed for it

[/div]

I know I should get that battery changed, I need to find a store that will do it. I would normally try it but I don't want to mess Earthbound up. Did you know there are fake Earthbound carts out there according to Earthbound Central? I opened up mine to make sure it was legit. I will holla at a playa if I have questions.
Thanks for welcoming me to the Earthbound CIB Club! Love the motto!

yeah i know theres fake eb carts, i seen a fake pal one too. i also seen one with new "artwork" for the label on ebay if you can believe that or not. i pretty much read everything in the world about the earthbound series lol. im sure you know, theres a couple checkpoints the game makes to assure you arent playing a fake cart. its pretty rare to get a fake one though. ive had 4 copies myself and they werent fake. someone tried to make a fake Flintstones 2 and got owned for it as well. the eb/mother series is one of the most interesting there really is.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

CanisWolfred

Mickeymac wrote:

Unfortunately, I may not have such luck for .hack//Quarantine, which regularly goes for over $50...

Yup, just saw an Ebay copy go from $6 to $40 is a few hours. And it still has 6 days to go.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

e-love

@Ryno, literally I'm so jealous right now. You're so lucky! EarthBound is amazing!

Anyways, I just got this today.

Untitled

I'm prepared to face a very difficult challenge ._.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Tasuki

@Ryno: OMG!!!! Nice job there Ryno and getting the CIB with the strat guide as well. I am afraid to ask what you paid for it. Another reason I am glad I held on to my copy all these years and as Ogo said welcome to the club.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

KingMike

ogo79 wrote:

someone tried to make a fake Flintstones 2 and got owned for it as well. the eb/mother series is one of the most interesting there really is.

I just laughed when I saw a Flintstones 2 bootleg Famicom cart go for over $90 (there is no legit FC version). I can understand buying a bootleg for a game that's unreasonably expensive to get a legit (I know that sounds subjective, but I think quadruple the original selling price, or more, is fair to consider "unreasonably expensive"?) but people shouldn't pay near legit price for it.

I remember reading about Sapphire for the PCE-CD. Sounds like collectors weren't so mad about bootlegs being sold cheaper, it's just that sellers weren't honest (if they knew) about them being bootlegs. That's what, $500 for a real one?

KingMike

ogo79

@Kingmike
im sure you know about this:
Untitled
magical chase is pretty rare too

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic