Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,221 to 1,240 of 3,053

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,221. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

Rukiafan wrote:

I just bought Little Nemo (NES) for $5.49 at a local pawn shop. :D

I picked this game up recently, and almost threw it out the window the other day. That game is brutally tough.

yes it is tough, but if yer going to throw it out the window i wouldnt mind owning two copies :)

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,222. Posted:

Little Nemo is a Demon of a challenge. I could never beat that one growing up....I think i made it to some train based/toy stage and called it quits. Yes, I shall have my Retro *Revenge on this one as well someday. B-) But for some odd reason i just don't feel that tempted to get it. :p Solid game no doubt, but it was one of the hardest and most irritating NES experiences of my child hood. Stage 1's track(while memorable) just bugs the hell out of me! lol

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,223. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Little Nemo is a Demon of a challenge. I could never beat that one growing up....I think i made it to some train based/toy stage and called it quits. Yes, I shall have my Retro *Revenge on this one as well someday. B-) But for some odd reason i just don't feel that tempted to get it. :p Solid game no doubt, but it was one of the hardest and most irritating NES experiences of my child hood. Stage 1's track(while memorable) just bugs the hell out of me! lol

the spirit of Amagon haunts you!
-100HP
Nemo is unconscious

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,224. Posted:

@Wavey:

I am surprised you never got your slick fins on Double Dragon II! It takes some getting used to with its unusual button configuration opposed to the standard A equals punch and B equals kick. Some people prefer this method after they get used to it though. I have never finished Double Dragon though I hope to someday! Your Christmas Double D experience sounds awesome indeed, the only thing missing was Flurry from Super Mario Bros. 2!

Nice purchases! Metroid NES is a good one and maybe it will give you the Kraid Karate Kid kick you need to get finally get around to the phenomenal Super Metroid. I much more enjoy the original over the remake Zero Mission. I love the Metroid soundtrack; Kraid’s Lair theme has one of the biggest Smell-O-Vision nostalgia mind warp’s back to the time of CRT’s and Pepsi Free’s throughout the entire NES music library for me.

I never played Castle if Illusion though I remember it did look pretty sweet. I think maybe one of my friends had a Genesis, the rest of us kids were Nintendo. So you are getting prepared for the upcoming Power of Illusion? That is another #DS game I guess I will be missing out on. Surprised it took someone so long to make another Illusion game.

Hope that remote gets your TV matched up with the Videoland color spectrum which is often imitated but never duplicated unless by one who has been lucky enough to visit!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,225. Posted:

Well, I decided to order Castle of Illusion. $11 shipped for a complete Mega Drive version. Not sure which region, but I'm guessing that since it's an older game, any region should work fine on a Genesis? (I think PAL MD games are the shape, and according to ROM lists, it's identical to US.
And if it's Japanese, should work fine using a Game Genie.
Or possibly Canadian, I do remember hearing some were inconsistently labeled. Was it MD cart and Gen case?)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,226. Posted:

Genesis carts work fine on a Megadrive so a Genesis should have no problems with Megadrive games either.

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

bub166

1,227. Posted:

Superstar Saga came yesterday. I only got to play for about five minutes when I had to go to an appointment, as I had the worst cough yesterday. When I got back, I unplugged my SP from its charger, and turned it on. It turned off immediately (and before I left, it had roughly 1/3 of the battery left) and wouldn't turn back on... It played fine on my old DS Lite, and it was great, but it's too bad my GBA SP is down and out for now. I didn't even get to play FF 1 +2 which I ordered last week on it. >_>

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,228. Posted:

Traded two duplicate NES games for two Nintendo 64 carts All-Star Baseball 2000 and WWF War Zone. And i bought a copy of Killer Cuts, the Killer Instinct soundtrack album.

Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

SuperToad

1,229. Posted:

Kirby's Dream Land 2.

SuperToad

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,230. Posted:

pre-order, almost caught me off guard...its Nomolos a new for nes, 100 gray cartridges of Nomolos hand numbered by Derek Andrews, the founder of Gradual Games. the rest of the carts are in blue
Untitled

Edited on by theblackdragon

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,231. Posted:

latest purchase... a spicey orange Cube from Japan

Untitled

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,232. Posted:

Last year, I got a Spice Orange Game Boy Player. I didn't even know it was released in North America (I thought all NA GBP were black), but it must be NA because it does have a FCC warning sticker on it (obviously, other regions would have a different regulations warning).

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,233. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

I thought all NA GBP were black

thats what i thought as well...

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,234. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

the spirit of Amagon haunts you!
-100HP
Nemo is unconscious

lol I'm still waiting for you to conquer Adventure Island :D And I'm still waiting for my Tube Remote to come in the mail so i can finally take on Amagon and the other NES cartOrama's I've got baking in the retro machine. lol
Anyways! THIS is hands down the most challenging stage I've ever played in a Retro paltformer. 8-2 will haunt your Toobular Tropical Mullet for life!

This guy made it seem like a complete breeze. Remember '1 hit' and Master Higgons is history! B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Xilef

1,235. Posted:

Got Mach Rider for NES and Wave Race 64 today. Really cheap to, actually. Haven't played them that much yet, although from what i played they both seem really fun. ^^

3DS FC: 4940 5422 5472

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,236. Posted:

Mk_II wrote:

latest purchase... a spicey orange Cube from Japan

Untitled

A guy is selling that at my local flea market. I want to pick it up but...is it region locked? Will a Japanese console work on an American TV/outlet?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,237. Posted:

@WaveBoy
i just finished Battle Kid, its a one hit game too, its a mock of old nes games and how hard a lot of them are. i just need to finish beating a bonus level that was added for it. after beating Battle Kid i feel i can beat any game now lol. however i did use a youtube walkthrough for it

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,238. Posted:

Yes, the GameCube and all Nintendo home consoles are region-locked.
(NES has regions NTSC and two PAL regions, SNES and N64: NTSC/PAL lockout chip and NA/JP lockout is based only on the cart shape. GC and Wii use a separate lockout for each region.)
As for portables, all Game Boy systems are region-free, the DS and DSLite are region-free, DSi is region-locked so any original DS games with DSi enhancement will be region-locked when played on a DSi or 3DS.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,239. Posted:

to answer your question: a Japanese NTSC Gamecube will work with a USA NTSC TV but it will only run Japanese games. There are ways to unlock the region lock but you really should only buy a Japanese console if you have Japanese games you want to play or for collecting / display purposes.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,240. Posted:

Can't understand Japanese othe than a few words do no point in owning a Japanese console for me.

Just made 2 new purchases today! Both for $5. First up:
Untitled
I've never played it, but for only 5 bucks I though eh what the heck.
Also got the classic:
Untitled
Not a huge fan of it, but I never played it so I thought it'd be fine for 5 bucks.
Nothing amazing but fun games nonetheless.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery