Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 4,850

SKTTR

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Bought a memory card for my N64. Now I will start Pper Mario without fear, hurray. I also got Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure. Heard decent things about it so I thought it wouldn't be bad for $3.

Paper Mario doesn't support the Controller Pak (Memory Card).

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

KingMike

That's right. Almost none of the first/second-party games use it.
(and if you count Nintendo-published games as first party, Star Wars: Racer used it, I think.)
I can only think of Mario Kart 64 using it. The Banjo games probably could've used it for Stop 'n Swap, but I guess Rare decided it was better to just drop the feature entirely after Nintendo told them they didn't like the cart-swapping idea.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

Tasuki

Picked up a complete original NES, and by complete I mean with two controllers, the hookups and even an orange zapper (Truthfully I prefer the gray one) for 15 dollars from my local Goodwill. I am so excited now I can do the next best thing to actually jumping in a real Doc Brown Deloerean and going on a magical trip to my childhood . It works fine btw I ended up doing a complete run through of Megaman 3 and Ducktales last night.

Also picked up

Untitled

Mega Drive version pictured but I got the SNES version.

As much as I dont like Ahhnuld now I just couldn't pass up this game. Its actually one of the better movie base games that you can get your hands on. This one has fond memories for me as well as this was the first game that I remember playing at home on the SNES that had actual blood in it . Not gray colored blood to make it "sweat" like an inferior port of MK but actual red colored blood. I got this from my local Goodwill as well for 3 dollars.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

@Tasuki good game
check out predator 2 for genesis too its just as good.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Retro_on_theGo

SKTTR wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Bought a memory card for my N64. Now I will start Pper Mario without fear, hurray. I also got Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure. Heard decent things about it so I thought it wouldn't be bad for $3.

[/div]

Paper Mario doesn't support the Controller Pak (Memory Card).

FFFFFFUUUUUU~
...Well, definitely don't want to risk the save battery dieting on me through a play through, I thought all N64 games supported it. Couldn't find anything saying otherwise. What a waste of 3 bucks then.

KingMike

According to a Google search, Paper Mario uses a Flash memory save. So you won't have to worry about a battery dying. Just that you won't be writing the cart's millionth save. (which is still pretty unlikely. Even if it's only 10,000, that's still 100 people owning that copy and saving 100 times each, which sounds a little high-use.)

Which is perhaps better. Controller Paks do use batteries, so you would need to be able to change them. (an official Controller Pak has a soldered battery, a third-party one may not. I know I have one that doesn't. On the bright side, it's easier to change. On the downside, it's more likely to fall out and erase saves.)

Edited on by theblackdragon

KingMike

Mk_II

latest arrivals: Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards (CIB) and Road Rash 64 (+manual) for the Nintendo 64

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

CanisWolfred

Argh, my copy of SNK VS Capcom got canceled. Luckiy there was a second one available for $1 less that comes with a manual, so I ordered that now. It's from my state, too, so it should arrive on time.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryno

@Tasuki: Glad to hear you finally got a NES and can start playing with power again! That Goodwill of yours is sounds like a piece of retro Nintendoland. I would be checking that place every other day if I was you!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Mieu-Fire

i bought snes cause it was at the neighbors garage sell and it was spray painted red(my favorite color) it came with super mario world and super mario kart that was it

Edited on by Mieu-Fire

MANGO

Tasuki

Ryno wrote:

@Tasuki: Glad to hear you finally got a NES and can start playing with power again! That Goodwill of yours is sounds like a piece of retro Nintendoland. I would be checking that place every other day if I was you!

I check it whenever I have the extra money to spare. Today they had a model 1 Genesis with 2 controllers and hook ups for 15 dollars. . If didnt have a Genesis already I would have picked it up for sure but instead I passed it along to my friend.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Thegargoylevine

Shinobi for Sega Game Gear (on my 3DS). It's like a mix of classic Ninja Gaiden and Mega Man!

Thegargoylevine

StarBoy91

I ordered the Super Famicom Mickey no Tokyo Disneyland Daibōken cartridge a few days ago from eBay, which arrived today, and so far I think it's a really good game I'm so glad I own a RetroDuo system; importing rocks!

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

Mk_II

latest arrivals: Batman of the Future - Return of the Joker, G.A.S.P.!! Fighters NEXTreme, Tom And Jerry - Fists of Fury (all N64 PAL carts)

Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21

MrArcade

An Atari 2600 jr. with all cables, 2 controllers and a pair of paddle controllers. As well as centipede. Total cost? = £33

MrArcade

KingMike

I believe there's multiple versions of the Model 1, though and the best one (better audio chip) is the one that says "High Definition Graphics" near the cart slot.
(which is what it's referred as. Might also be because it doesn't have a lockout chip that stops unlicensed games from working.)

KingMike

Mk_II

added today: Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000 for Nintendo 64

Ryno

I got a copy of Actraiser for the SNES (and wow has the value gone up too). I know the Wavemeister is not a fan of this one but I think this game is incredible! It blends action and sim masterfully. I love the early first generation SNES look to it as well. I remember previewing this game in Nintendo Power as one of the first games for the SNES and it was one that got me so excited for the system. The music is fantastic. Arguably it's some of *Yuzo Koshiro[/strong] best work.

Untitled

Arguably it's some of Yuzo Koshiro's best work. The first level's song of Castlevania: Bloodlines totally ripped off Filmore.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic