Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,201 to 1,220 of 3,047

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,201. Posted:

@Ryno: Great purchase there and CIB too very nice. That has to be my favorite Double D game in the series, of course with the 2Player B extra life trick it was a bit easier than the first and third one.

As for Battletoads Double Dragon. The SNES was better than the NES. Although the gameplay and levels were the same the better graphics and music made it alot better.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,202. Posted:

What is this 2Player B extra trick you speak of Tasuki? Interesting to know that Ultimate Team on the SNES is an enhanced version of the NES game.

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,203. Posted:

@Ryno: :O Oh wow I am surprised that an ultra cool retro gamer like you has to ask that. Don't worry I will tell you this once :P. Start the Two player B game (the one where you can hit each other) and than kill the other player by beating them up you get their lost live. I believe you can get up to 7 lives max by doing this trick.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

1,204. Posted:

@Tasuki - Wow, never knew about that. I always seem to die in that level with all of the Chins (I believe they're Chin.)

@Ryno - We're united by CIB DD2! I picked mine up as a teenager. I got that and TMNT 2 CIB combined for 7 bucks, but it was one of those I-just-want-to-get-rid-of-this-stuff type of deals. I'm sure I've mentioned it before because it's my only CIB retro purchase.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,205. Posted:

Yeah its works as long as the other player is the one killing the other player. When I use to play this game with my brother and saw that the other one was getting the stuffing kicked out of them and was about to die we would run over to them and land the final hit killing the other player and giving the other one an extra life. :D

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,206. Posted:

@Tasuki: Ha! Maybe I knew of that back then but it actually wasn't a game I played a ton of. Good to know it is there if I want to cheat/get some help. Haha... :D

@StuffyStuff: Oh hell yeah to the one degree of NES separation man! That is a steal of a deal for DDII and TMNTII for $7! I paid like 3-4 times that amount for my CIB copies of those two games. Haha... If Waveboy would ever get that dang time machine of his working we could round up the Nintendolife Goonies and go back to the 80's and 90's and stock up on some NES and SNES games!

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,207. Posted:

@Ryno I own that Battletoads Double Dragon game for the SNES. I find it pretty fun. Never plays the NES version.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,208. Posted:

Battletoads Double Dragon for Genesis is good too

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

1,209. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah its works as long as the other player is the one killing the other player. When I use to play this game with my brother and saw that the other one was getting the stuffing kicked out of them and was about to die we would run over to them and land the final hit killing the other player and giving the other one an extra life. :D

Thanks! I played the game tonight because of this. I always seem to die jumping around so this gave me enough lives for trial an error.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,210. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Thanks! I played the game tonight because of this. I always seem to die jumping around so this gave me enough lives for trial an error.

No problem. Makes the game a bit easier now, don't it.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,211. Posted:

@Ryno

Awsome buy, by the looks of it! B-) Although I can't personally say since i haven't dragon kicked' my way into Double D II just yet, but this is no doubt on my Rapheal-Radar and will be another killer NES title i snag CIB down the yellow Brickroad, as in soon....Maybe, just maybe. :p I had to get the original CIB due to the iconic standout radical americanized Macho 80's box art, over flowing & juicin' nostalgia aside. B-)

That aside, have you guys finished the first Double D on the NES? I had such a great time with it 2 Christmas's ago and like I've said numerous gnarly times it's probably my favorite NES revenge moment of the Optimus Prime century. lol Meaning, i could never beat it as a kid but 2 years ago i Beat it to the ground while I was munchin' on Christmas cookies, decorations were in full furce, Jingle Bells was blasting in the background topped off with one of the most radical Snowy winter Wonderland nights ever. :D

Anyways! I need to get back to RetroLand and make some more buys, after all it's been a while. Once again you've inspired me RynoDragon to splurge to the Darkside. B-) I've been holding off because I've been trying to finish the games that are unplayed in my collection before making any more purchases, but eh whatever. I hear eBay callin' Time to shop til I donatello-drop. lol And as for my 80's Time Machine, it's on the fritz! Needs more fluerescent DeLorean donuts to egnite the Punky Brewster Rooster Rockets! Plus The dude in the video below holds the secret password to open up the super sparkly 80's vortex. Only then will a trip to 85' be funkin' possible. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,212. Posted:

Well, I just went on a little teensy weensy little mini Retro Spending spree and bought Samus's original 8-bit outing Metroid, A game I'm very fond of.....Well, the first 20 minutes or so that i put into it back in 89' before giving up and calling it quits. :p You see, at 5 years old Metroid was just too much for me, confusion and frustration set in like a bad case of Crispy Krang Chicken pocks to the point where i couldn't endure anymore of the 8-bit gloomy Alien riddled Map-less Abyss. I rented it once and that was that. But even so that short lived experience has always stuck with me, plus it was one of the earlier NES experiences I had during that generation. B-) Untitled

The same thing happened with Super Metroid, i watched one of my best buds play the game during it's release but it was an experience i completely missed out personally that i deeply regret. Watching it alone was still pretty amazing I've got to say, pretty impressive stuff! Yet If there was anything Metroid related I loved growing up it had to of been mrs. tranny lips Mother Brain in Captain N: The game Master. :D That will always be the 'real' Mother Brain to me haha. Prime 1 & 3 on the other hand are the only Metroids I've completed and I really want to get into the old Jello Metroid mold if you know what I mean. B-) So this shall be the perfect start regardless if it has NO map. Forget that Metroid Zero Mission remake BS, i'm experiencing the real 8-Bit bad boy that started it all regardless if it may have not aged too well.

A Mega Man X beed sprite in the funky Maverick flesh. B-) Lovin the Neon Green Zero Saber.

Untitled

Andddd...Castle of Illusion for the Sega Genesis.
Untitled

I bought this game right when it came out with the Sega Genesis as a Launch title release and for me this game holds a very special place in my h-....surfer mullet. ;) . PLUS the other main reason is because it's spiritual successor/3DS sequal 'POWER of Illusion' is coming out so i wanted to get reacquainted with Mickey's original haunted & Spooky PG outing. This isn't the actual shot of what i bought obviously, instead i just snaged the game by itself. I really don't care about owning a genesis or collecting any of the games for it. Castlevania Bloodlines and Contra Hardcorps are the only other 2 i want to tackle and that's that for the Sega Genny'. :p So getting these titles CIB would be a waste of that extra sweet space cash. Also, it seems Castle of Illusion got a price boost all of the sudden and I guarantee it's because of the upcomming Power of Illusion. Castle of Illusion was going for $15 CIB before, now it's doubled in price. Thanks alot Warren Specter!

And finally, a 1992' Sony Tube CRT Remote for my 20" Retro Tubey' :p
Untitled

Apperantly the Remote i bought previously wasn't actually the 'real' official remote according to the TV's manual. Exciting buy i know! Hahaha :p But this bad boy will finally let me amp up the color and get the picture settings just right so i can finally play my NES & SNES and get back into the REAL retro feel instead of playing retro titles on the Wii's VC(Still love to, but many titles didn't make the cut). Back to the Future(lol! Can't wait for this one especially), TMNT III, Amagon, Kid Nikki, and Metroid are going to get mega mastered in a matter of no time...Ok, maybe not Metroid or Amagon 'especially', but eh...it's just awesome to finally have my old consoles hooked up again on a proper retro CRT Tube TV. Nostalgia overloard is going to be in full force! muhahaha

And what do ya know, my 20" Sony Tube TV looks nearly identicle in size and style wise as seen below in this glorious pic' with the Mullet-God Kid of N-E-S TekkiDome. B-)

Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,213. Posted:

Crazy buys Waveboy! Nice! Especially that MegamanX sprite. I make my own bead sprites. I haven't made any 16-bit sprites since my current peg board isn't big enough.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Late

1,214. Posted:

Retro enough for me: Untitled
Got this nice package for 80€ which is a very good price for these in Finland. Usually you have to pay at least 40€ for used GameCube and 20€ for games like SSBM and Wind Waker.

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

1,215. Posted:

I picked up R.C. Pro-Am (NES) today from my local used video game shop. Just $5 - works great!

Untitled

Edited on by bezerker99

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,216. Posted:

I did end up going back to the same store I went last week. Found another Quackshot (with a nicer label, even) for $8. I think that's a buy-it price, then. :)
Also got Frantic Flea for SNES for $5. I'll see if it's as bad as I remember it. :P
I had trouble deciding if it D-Force is amazingly terrible enough to warrant buying it for $3 (I recall it's slow and the graphics at terribly ugly early Mode 7).

I've had a SNES Battletoads/Double Dragon for some time, with a Blockbuster sticker covering the entire label. I'm thinking it'd do more damage to remove it than to leave it on?

KingMike

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

1,217. Posted:

I just picked a while ago a working Sega Game Gear with a car charger and a rechargeable battery pack. I also got Sonic 2 with it.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,218. Posted:

@KingMike: Yeah if is the kinda sticker I am thinking off it will totally ruin the label but than again if its all over the picture what are you losing? I guess your Blockbuster didnt care about where they put the label. THe blockbuster I always went to put them on the back of the cartridges.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

Rukiafan

1,219. Posted:

I just bought Little Nemo (NES) for $5.49 at a local pawn shop. :D

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com
45,500+ Posts
420 Reviews
4,160+ News Articles
365+ Exclusive Articles And Features
303 Members
780 Twitter Followers!
315 Facebook Likes!
My audio interview with the mastermind behind BLOK DROP U will go live tonight!

Twitter: WiiWareWave

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

1,220. Posted:

Rukiafan wrote:

I just bought Little Nemo (NES) for $5.49 at a local pawn shop. :D

I picked this game up recently, and almost threw it out the window the other day. That game is brutally tough.

StuffyStuff