Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,181 to 1,200 of 3,564

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,181. Posted:

is that a Super Mario Mario Bros. 3 Purse?

yep, a purse or carry-all bag. Recently made (ie. not period vintage), very cheap in price and quality. But very lovely and officially licensed all the same. Seller said he had a box full at home but forgot to bring ''m. What a tool.. i would have bought them all and i told him so.

why in Zuez's name did you buy Catwoman for the Gamecube?

the cover? LOL :D
No, im a completist and want to collect all the PAL releases for all Nintendo platforms. And when the price and condition are OK, i buy what i find.

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,182. Posted:

nice man purse, i mean murse
"its not a purse it's a european handbag, jackrod!"

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Collinhall

1,183. Posted:

**repost

Ok - so a new game store opened up in my area, and its completely awesome. They sell about 1/2 of all the NES games, ever, a good selection of famicon games, all the bundles (IN BOX ) of the NES, n64, SNES, N64, and all the Nintendo handhelds, along with all the Sega consoles, Atari consoles, and a few other obscure ones, in mint with the original boxes. And for all of these consoles they have tons of games as well, with a good number in their original boxes. I snagged the Donkey Kong edition N64 (clear green) with the game and one controller for 40 bucks, the light zapper, Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt on one cart, Yoshi, and all that is on top of the NES challenge box I won. (Only one other person showed up to the tournament besides my friend and me) So basically, screw selling, I am starting my retro games collection
gloves
This place is freaking sweet, they added new springs and fixed up everything that was even slightly damages, and everything in the store was insanely well kept and repackaged. Can't wait to go back and take one of the R.O.B's they have, as well as one of their power gloves!

So I got a Clear Green N64 with one clear green controller, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Kart 64 (in its minty box), an NES challenge set minty in the box, Super Mario Bro's, Duck Hunt, and the NES Zapper for 150 bucks, not bad IMO lol

SCORE!

*Also holy crap retro collecting is fun - I just started yesterday and have all this :O

*** Even though Im gonna try to get mostly N64/NES games, they had ET there, and I am VERY tempted to get it ._.

Edited on by Collinhall

Kirbys will eat your soul at night.

AuthorMessage

shredmeister

1,184. Posted:

Ok, this looks like a nice place to show off a collection. :D

The recent 3DS Virtual Console games left me more to desire in the recent months. So I say "the heck with it", they play better on their original consoles and carts, anyway. I've been scouring through flea markets, thrift/pawn shops and local toy/hobby/retrogaming stores to find these. It's fun this way, and it saves me from overspending on my credit card with online purchases. I always give the cool games a movie gasp when I find them, lol.

I wouldn't say I am a completist, but I will try to complete all the Rare, Capcom, Konami/Ultra, and Nintendo developed/published games. Can't go wrong with those.

Untitled

Page 1:
Alleyway (Nintendo)
Battle of Zeoth (Jaleco)
Battletoads in Ragnarok World (Rare/Tradewest)
Castlevania Adventure (Konami)
Castlevania 2: Belmont's Revenge (Konami)
Donkey Kong (Nintendo)
Donkey Kong Land (Rare/Nintendo)
Donkey Kong Land 2 (Rare/Nintendo)
Donkey Kong Land III (Rare/Nintendo)

Page 2:
Darkwing Duck (Capcom/Sunsoft)
Duck Tales (Capcom/Disney Interactive)
Duck Tales 2 (Capcom/Disney Interactive)
F-1 Race (Nintendo)
Game & Watch Gallery (Nintendo)
Kid Icarus: of Myths and Monsters (Nintendo)
Killer Instinct (Rare/Nintendo)
Kirby's Dreamland (Hal LaboratoryNintendo)
Kirby's Dreamland 2 (Hal Laboratory/Nintendo)

Page 3:
Kirby's Blockball (Hal LaboratoryNintendo)
Kirby's Pinball Land (Hal Laboratory/Nintendo)
Maru's Mission (Jaleco)
Mega Man (Capcom)
Metroid II: Return of Samus (Nintendo)
Mickey's Dangerous Chase (Capcom/Disney Interactive)
Nemesis (Konami/Ultra)
Operation C (Konami/Ultra)
Popeye 2 (Activision)

Page 4:
Qix (Taito/Nintendo)
Quarth (Konami/Ultra)
Solar Striker (Nintendo)
Super Mario Land (Nintendo)
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (Nintendo)
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (Nintendo)
Super RC Pro AM (Rare/Nintendo)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan (Konami/Ultra)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Back from the Sewers (Konami)

Page 5:
Tennis (Nintendo)
The REAL Ghostbusters (Activision)
Tiny Toon Adventures: Bab's Big Break (Konami)
Nintendo World Cup (Technos/Nintendo)
Yoshi (Nintendo)
Yoshi's Cookie (Nintendo)
Disney's Beauty and the Beast: A Board Game Adventure (Left Field Productions/Disney Interactive/Nintendo)
Walt Disney World Quest Magical Racing Tour (Activision/Disney Interactive)
Mickey's Racing Adventure (Rare/Disney Interactive)

Page 6:
1942 (Capcom)
Bionic Commando: Elite Forces (Capcom/Nintendo)
Conker's Pocket Tales (Rare)
Metal Gear Solid (Konami)
Track and Field (Konami)
Warioland II (Nintendo)
Wario Land 3 (Nintendo)
The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (Capcom/Nintendo)
The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Capcom/Nintendo)

Edited on by shredmeister

shredmeister

3DS Friend Code: 2707-1611-0137

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,185. Posted:

Oh man I dont know what it is but lately my local Goodwill has become a gold mine for retro goodness. I feel like a Ninja Turtle that found out a new pizza parlor open right next door to them. Anyway I picked up the following for 3 dollars each.

Maniac Mansion C.I.B. (Its a bit woren but it has the book, the sleeve and even all the inserts like the Nintendo power advert).
Little Nemo (cart only)
Megaman X2 (cart only)
Shadowgate (cart only)
Joe and Mac (SNES cart only)

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,186. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Oh man I dont know what it is but lately my local Goodwill has become a gold mine for retro goodness. I feel like a Ninja Turtle that found out a new pizza parlor open right next door to them. Anyway I picked up the following for 3 dollars each.

Maniac Mansion C.I.B. (Its a bit woren but it has the book, the sleeve and even all the inserts like the Nintendo power advert).
Little Nemo (cart only)
Megaman X2 (cart only)
Shadowgate (cart only)

Nice haul there Tasuki! Megaman X2 at your local goodwill? What a mega find! Maniac Mansion complete as well? I knew you were maniacal but now even Nurse Edna wants to leave Dr. Fred for you!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,187. Posted:

Collinhall wrote:

Also holy crap retro collecting is fun - I just started yesterday and have all this :O

Welcome to the club. Not only is it fun but is also addicting! :D

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,188. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Collinhall wrote:

Also holy crap retro collecting is fun - I just started yesterday and have all this :O

Welcome to the club. Not only is it fun but is also addicting! :D

whos addicted to old games? yuck. yall guys have some serious issues!

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

1,189. Posted:

Must.....Make....Another....Retro....Purchase....:p It's been too Long!

But I've got to finish the current retro beasties I've got cruisinig in by 8-Bit Nes & Gameboy collection before i do. Like I've said a million times, i get so overwhelmed to the point with having too many unplayed games. :p Once I'm done with Wario Land 3, Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters, Wario Land 4, Back to the Future( WoAoAoA!!!),Amagon and TMNT III I'm going to Retro-plurge harder than Super Shredder eating Krang's brain poop for Bayou Billy breakfast. B-)

I could finish up Kid Icarus 2, Back to the Future and TMNT III in a matter of no time going by my guru galactic Bill Rizer gaming skills. But Wario Land 3 & 4 are longer experiences due to the amount of stuff you need to collect. :p And as for Amagon....This one's going to do some crazy challenge-damage. Can the Wavester pull through? You can bet your sweet Glazed buns i will....Here's hopin!

Also, I'm pretty pee'd at the momento' My Game Boy Advance SP Headphone dongle adapter doesn't work anymore, either it's 'that' or the adapter input on my GBA SP is fried. Which means no headphones! :p and the The Sony Tube CRT 1992' Remote i ordered finally came in the mail yesterday. I wanted to get one because the TV itself doesn't have a menu button on it, so i can't obviously get into the picture control settings. The Remote worked wonderfully, 'except' the MENU button. WTF......I can't get into the menu, whenever i press it nothing happens......I swear i have the worst luck. lol

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,190. Posted:

Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage (CIB), quite a rare game for the Nintendo 64.

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,191. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Little Nemo (cart only)
Megaman X2 (cart only)
Shadowgate (cart only)

Nice haul there Tasuki! Megaman X2 at your local goodwill? What a mega find! Maniac Mansion complete as well? I knew you were maniacal but now even Nurse Edna wants to leave Dr. Fred for you!

I know man its been nuts the amount of NES, SNES and Genesis games that have been coming into my Goodwill lately. Just today a stack of Genesis games all C.I.B. came. Some of the titles included Sonic 2, Sonic Spinball, Castle of Illusion, Cool Spot, Streets of Rage 1 and 2 and Battleship. Its totally nuts. If this keeps up I am going to have to find a hidden treasure in the Himalayas like Uncle Scrooge so I can get me some of the deals at my Goodwill.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,192. Posted:

A former rental Dynamite Headdy with instructions and case for $10. Sounds good.
Cart only, a Genesis game called Wiz 'n Liz and Game & Watch Gallery 2.
I also got a loose Arkista's Ring for NES.

One I was considering from the same store as Dynamite Headdy. Quackshot worth it for $15, cart and manual?

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,193. Posted:

I'm finally back! And in full swing this time! I don't have pictures to post sadly, but I got some good find.
I bought the amazing Super Mario Bros. 2 for $5 and this really neat box made of wood with Nintendo drawings on it. It has a bunch of SMB 3 and Zelda artwork on it. It looks seriously old. I'm not sure if it's worth anything, but I got it for $5( the guy originally wanted $10! :D)
Now with my local flea market back I'm here to stay guys! :) One of the venders sells NES games at 5 a pop! They have Ninja Gaiden ll and Contra plus Super C!! I wish I had more money!

Edit: Took a picture of the box. Kind of blurry.
Untitled

Edit 2: Just tried playing SMB 2 on my TV. The TV doesn't work anymore. I hoped leaving it off for a month would fix it's problem but no. The picture keeps flicking upward. Eventually I don't even get a picture because everything is forced at the very top of the TV! I have no idea why it does this. It just happened one day. This really sucks since it's my only CRT TV. Anyone had this problem? Can I fix it or is this thing dead?

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,194. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

A former rental Dynamite Headdy with instructions and case for $10. Sounds good.
Cart only, a Genesis game called Wiz 'n Liz and Game & Watch Gallery 2.
I also got a loose Arkista's Ring for NES.

One I was considering from the same store as Dynamite Headdy. Quackshot worth it for $15, cart and manual?

I think you could get it for under $10 on Ebay. I have always wanted to play that though.

@Retro_on_theGo: I love that SMB 3 box dude!

@Tasuki: I have noticed on Ebay "Seattle Goodwill" is selling all kinds of video games. It's like The Beagle Boys have taken over the whole operation up here!

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

1,195. Posted:

@Retro_on_the_go

Just let it be bumble bee, your CRT has gone to a better place. :p
You can snag any CRT tube for cheap at electronic pawn shops, it's not the end of the world dude. Nobody seems to want them anymore unless your a retro gamer, have next to no money for an HDTV or your a grannny that doesn't give a granola' lol I for one want a small one for retro gaming, and just to have for some early gnarly 90's nostalgia. I have a 20" but somebody in the AVS CRT forums is telling me that my particular set doesn't even have a menu/picture controls option.....Which totaly sucks, since the colors aren't colorful enough. :p Looks like I'll have to get a new 20" Tube!

Anyways, Go go gadget and have a looky like Inspector Gadget and see what you can find down in those Pawn shops. You could probably get a $20 - 27" CRT for $40-$60 depending, so don't fret my pet have a Tiny Toons Twinkie and take a trip to Video Land with the...Ok I've officially lost my mega marbles. :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,196. Posted:

@Ryno: Yeah thats something new by Goodwill they have opened up an ebay account to sell stuff now as well as in the store. Why they went through eBay rather then an actual website like Goodwill.com is a mystery to me but whatever.

@Retro: And speaking of Goodwill you can pick up a CRT from them for like $20 to $50 depending on the size.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,197. Posted:

Did some research and found out that box is a toy chest. It has 2 variants, and the best part. It goes for an average of 50 bucks! :O Mine isn't in good shape though. Not bad shape, not good shape. So at the least $35-$40! I only spent $5 bucks on it. Ah, I love Flea Markets. I'll probably never sell the thing though.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Chuie

1,198. Posted:

i just purchesed super mario rpg cause i havent played that game in like 5 years

Edited on by Chuie

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

bub166

1,199. Posted:

Just ordered M&L: Superstar Saga and Final Fantasy 1 + 2: Dawn of Souls from Amazon. SS was 10 dollars, FF was 16. Both come with the cart, box, and manual, so not too bad.

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,200. Posted:

I haven't bought anything retro for awhile since the underwhelming Robin Hood, so hopefully this is more of a crowd pleaser. Wasn't there rumors that this game was coming to the VC? Anyway, my NES Double "D" Trilogy is complete! I have been waiting to find a 100% complete copy of this favorite with the gnarly poster screaming and radiating all kinds of 80's style. Another one of those games I never beat as a kid so it will be great to finally get my Revenge! :D

Untitled

Who has played the Battletoads Double Dragon Ultimate Team NES game?

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery