Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 4,850

theblackdragon

@Tasuki: thread not found, man.

Either way, the bottom line is that we don't really care whether or not anyone personally thinks something is 'retro enough' for the Retro section here. this isn't a voting area, it's a place to talk about video games. if it's not a current-gen system or game it's fair game for the 'retro' boards and will not be locked or deleted on the 'well it's not old enough' basis alone. If that's not good enough for you, ignore the comment or topic in question and move on to the next one.

if we could get back to discussing actual purchases made, that would be just ducky. thanks in advance, everyone~!

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

MAB

Has anyone played or remember 'Outlander'. I recently purchased the Genesis with the RCA mod from Ebay this game has that awesome Mad Max vibe. Also got 'Chakan' 'The Ooze' 'Terminator' 'Mortal Kombat II' and 'Rocket Knight Adventures' basically gonna be getting all the cool gems they don't want to release on VC

Edited on by theblackdragon

MAB

Linky_97

I got Metroid Prime 2: Echoes yesterday! I just beat Metroid Prime so im going to start play 2 now

Wii U online games:
Injustice Gods Among Us, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, Assassin's Creed III, Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 Wii U Edition and Trine 2: Directors Cut
3DS Online games:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Tell me if you want to play :)

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8763-9592 | Nintendo Network ID: Linky97

KingMike

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Has anyone played or remember 'Outlander'. I recently purchased the Genesis with the RCA mod from Ebay this game has that awesome Mad Max vibe. Also got 'Chakan' 'The Ooze' 'Terminator' 'Mortal Kombat II' and 'Rocket Knight Adventures' basically gonna be getting all the cool gems they don't want to release on VC

Supposedly Terminator for Sega CD was pretty cool, but Terminator for Genesis is a different game.
I'm speaking of the Genesis game. It's insane. You only get one life to beat the entire game. While it's good that it's (I hear) only four levels. But you know if it's only four levels, those better be the hardest four levels ever. I tried it on Normal, and I don't even know how you're supposed to get past this hallway near the beginning of the level. You get grenades, but they're a completely inappropriate weapon for that because they arc and hit the ceiling and can't hit the enemies running at you before they hit you. So, I guess the only way to survive is take the hits and pray the game is kind and gives you health potions from the enemies (it probably won't)? (on easy, they give you a machine gun before that part so you actually have a good chance of surviving)

KingMike

CanisWolfred

MadAussieBloke wrote:

How's The Ooze? I wasn't sure if that was a game I'd enjoy. Same with Chakan.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryno

@WaveKnight: MM6 complete cost me $71.00 shipped complete. It seems that $70.00 is the low end for a complete copy so I finally figured what the hey. Man, I am such a nerd though, I enjoy watching the market (ebay) for video games As for the three video games you want at the moment, Mega Man 6 cart only you would be looking to pay $20-25, Castlevania: Bloodlines cart only $10-15, and Contra: Hard Crops cart only $15-20.

That is funny you mentioned Sparkster. I was just checking that out today. I want that game for SNES but it sure is a pricey and rare for a complete one!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Tasuki

@Ryno: Awesome purchase their on MM6 man. Man I soooo need to make a retro purchase here soon. Might take a trip to my local Goodwill.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CanisWolfred

Ryno wrote:

Mega Man 6 cart only you would be looking to pay $20-25, Castlevania: Bloodlines cart only $10-15, and Contra: Hard Crops cart only $15-20.

You sure we're shopping the same eBay? I see a lot of Biddings for under $20 here, while Castlevania Bloodline is typically in the $20-$30+ range, all cart only. There aren't enough cart-only Hard Corps left to tell the average price right now, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KingMike

Castlevania: Bloodlines must've risen lately. I heard that game was pretty common, so much that someone said Toys 'R Us was still swamped with (cardboard box) new copies as late as 2000.
Personally, I got mine a couple years ago for under $10, though that was cart only and in pretty crappy condition (dried sticker residue all over the label). Still plays fine, though. I recall passing up the game for $50 NIB (ebay BIN price) at the time.

KingMike

HandheldGuru97

Two new games for my Neo Geo Pocket Color, Metal Slug 1st Mission and SNK Vs. Capcom Match of the Millennium.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

ogo79

zero tolerance for genesis. a good first person shooter. back when funco was around i got this game new for like 100$ if i remember right.
thats crazy. bought it again today.

Untitled
Untitled
loved by few, hated by many
my games are old, and my games are plenty

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

EvilRegal

Got Kirby Super Star for one hundred fiddy Club Nintendo coins! Wasn't long ago I had no Kirby games (unless counting Super Smash Bros.) and now I have four! Loved the Gourmet Race music here. The N64 Super Smash Bros. version sounds like it's based off of it!

@KingMike
I want Bloodlines (and Contra: Hard Corps) so badly, but 1. I can't afford to get an old Genesis, 2. I don't have a physical place to put it, and 3. I don't have any more power outlets or TV connections. So, I'm waiting on Konami's lazy butt to start supporting VC again and release it. (still can't believe they've never put NES Contra on VC, WTF)

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

PaperLucario

Found original genesis cartridges for Sonic 1 (with the original case even) and Bonanza Bros, as well as a controller... now I just need the system.......

PaperLucario

ogo79

Mickeymac wrote:

Got a lot of sticky stuff on the back, but at least it plays great.

rubbing alcohol=100HP

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

CanisWolfred

Just ordered a Neo Geo Pocket Color w/ Sonic Pocket Adventure, and SNK VS Capcom: Match of the Millenium.

oldgamesonly wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Got a lot of sticky stuff on the back, but at least it plays great.

rubbing alcohol=100HP

I rubbed it off with my fingers. Guess I'll remember that for next time.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic