Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,141 to 1,160 of 3,499

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,141. Posted:

Waveboy: Crazy how you find out years later that an updated version of a game is released, huh? Sometimes they are for the better made by Dr. Light and other times for the Wiley worst but in the case of adding color for a Gameboy game it is usually for the better. Speaking of Gameboy Color games, ever heard of Ryno (Rhino) Rumble?

Good to hear that you are getting your SNES setup in super shape! Do your NES controller buttons still feel "new"? I don't know what they did with the NES controller but they where made with Mach Rider magic because 20+ years they are still so "clicky."

As for Metalstorm, I got it for $59 shipped. A boxed copy hardly appears, let alone with a copy of the manual and poster insert. As soon as I saw it, I snagged it like I was fishing in *Mabe Village.[/strong] It is one of the games that I vividly remember saving for and buying with my own money and playing for the first time. I thought it was so cool. Yeah, Mac was saying that the HVGN is the reason for the price of the game to Rocketeer. I just watched that video in the past few months which helped me focus and get it together like Voltron and seek out a complete copy at a decent price.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,142. Posted:

Untitled
Recently I imported Parodius Da! -Shinwa kara Owarai e- for the Game Boy from Japan (my third import purchase from eBay after Soukoban for the Game Boy and TwinBee Portable for the PSP), which arrived yesterday; this is the first time I ever played a Parodius game, and I've got to say: it is awesome!! :) I know that the Game Boy version of the game was also released in Europe, but since it was developed in Japan, I wanted to experience the Japanese version; this is one of the craziest video game experiences I've ever had! Now I see what all the fuss is about; there's much absurdity throughout the game (visuals, enemies, bosses, sound) that it's hilarious! :D It's nice to choose between the four characters (Vic Viper, Octopus, TwinBee, Pentarou), and for a Game Boy game it's surprisingly challenging; I've made up my mind already, the game is fantastic! :)

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
RIP Robin Williams 1951-2014 =(
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,143. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled
I already have Wario land II for the GB, but it's the Black & White original GB version which i picked up quite a while ago. I never knew WLII was released for the GBC, otherwise i would of got this instead. :p I still haven't played my GB copy yet, but this shall be a nice replacementO'! Color makes a world of a difference, but that's a Ninja Gaiden-No brainer! B-)

The GBC version was a launch game for the GBC. I was kinda surprised Nintendo decided to update and re-release it within the same year as the original.
Then I was surprised to find out Pocket Bomberman (another launch game) was actually a mono game in Japan, that was only released in Color for the US and EU. (though many would probably say it doesn't count as a real Bomberman game because it's side-view)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

1,144. Posted:

Got back into buying games recently, so I picked up Little Nemo and Power Blade. Nemo is pretty challenging. Power Blade is simply an awesome game. I haven't played it since I was a young child and it's exactly how I remember it being. Hopefully some more NES games will be coming my way in the near future.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,145. Posted:

@StuffyStuff
its nice to see people who like the same games as others

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,146. Posted:

latest retro purchases... items in italics will be sold or traded: Gamecube Zelda - OoT / Master Quest (disc only) Metroid Prime, Mario Smash Football, Star Wars - Bounty Hunter, Star Wars - Jedi Outcast, Batman Begins, Zoocube, Splinter Cell, Call Of Duty 2 - Big Red One NES High Speed NDS Diddy Kong Racing, The Legend Of Zelda - Phantom Hourglass

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,147. Posted:

So yesterday I went to 3D Games and bought a couple of SNES games:
The Great Circus Mystery starring Mickey & Minnie and The Pagemaster

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,148. Posted:

Nice buys there RetroLuma. I remember I had The Great Circus Mystery on GBA but I didnt like it as much as Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse. Not sure if you ever played that one but if you did I would like to hear what you though of The Great Circus Mystery compared to Magical Quest.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,149. Posted:

I haven't played Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse yet, Tasuki, but I have been curious about that game for years (I should seriously consider buying the SNES cart one day); but The Great Circus Mystery starring Mickey & Minnie really took me by surprise, as I found it extremely enjoyable; quickly became one of my favorites :)
In other news, I'm glad I finally got a chance to play the video game adaptation of The Pagemaster, as this video game promo (3:42-4:48) that popped up on the VHS copy of the movie had me really interested when I was a kid (and as a teen); having played it now I can honestly say it's not bad! It's not exactly a work of Tolstoy; prior to having played it I figured it was gonna have a few issues, so I wasn't disappointed. The visuals are absolutely remarkable, for SNES standards (the Horror stages come to mind, with the translucent foreground and dark visuals, among others), plus the background music is very atmospheric; the controls are decent (but the jumping controls are absolutely slippery) and I feel it presented a nice amount of challenge! Honestly, I think it's a good video game adaptation of the eponymous Macaulay Culkin movie (which, looking back, I can understand why some may not like it, and I do still like it, even if it has its issues), imo

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Aiyoku

1,150. Posted:

My last 2 buys where a Gameboy Color Lot and a Gamecube lot.
Gameboy color (boxed) and 11 boxed games amongst which Warioland, Super Mario, Donkey kong, Pokemon's (blue, yellow, and another i forgot).
And the gamecube lot sucked apart from 2 very rare zelda games!
now bidding on a NES boxed with zapper and an Atari 2600jr (1985 edition) with 14 boxed games!

Aiyoku

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,151. Posted:

Ha! Here my latest retro purchase though I admit it's rather underwhelming. However, I would take just about any complete NES and SNES game for under $10.00. I actually did like this game though.

Untitled

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,152. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Ha! Here my latest retro purchase though I admit it's rather underwhelming. However, I would take just about any complete NES and SNES game for under $10.00. I actually did like this game though.

Untitled

theres a new copy of nes muppets on ebay lol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,153. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

theres a new copy of nes muppets on ebay lol

Yikes, Muppets huh? That sounds horrible after reading someone's review. That would fall in the category of games I will pass on even for a complete copy under $10.00.

I should really get a copy of Silver Surfer though shown on the poster insert of Robin Hood.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,154. Posted:

I hear if you're going to get Silver Surfer, might as well get a copy of Muppets for double the self-punishment. :D

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,155. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

I hear if you're going to get Silver Surfer, might as well get a copy of Muppets for double the self-punishment. :D

yes.
Silver Surfer is as fun as brushing yer teeth with a cheese grater

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

1,156. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

KingMike wrote:

yes.
Silver Surfer is as fun as brushing yer teeth with a cheesegrater

But it has one hell of an amazing sound track. I could get down and party to these galactic surfed out Chip beats with PeeWee & and the gang in the Playhouse any day of the week! B-)

Anyways, interesting purchase there RynoVania.
I never gave Robin Hood a shot back in the land of everything Hip, rad & Fantasia, but Peter Pan's Hook on the other hand.....Ya...That short lived and awful memory is best left forgotten. :p At least the movie was half decent. lol

Untitled

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

1,157. Posted:

PSOne for £5 with controller and wires.

I haven't been able to play my PS1 games for a few years now and hadn't bothered for years before my PS2 stopped playing them either.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,158. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

oldgamesonly wrote:

KingMike wrote:

yes.
Silver Surfer is as fun as brushing yer teeth with a cheesegrater

But it has one hell of an amazing sound track. I could get down and party to these galactic surfed out Chip beats with PeeWee & and the gang in the Playhouse any day of the week! B-)

Anyways, interesting purchase there RynoVania.
I never gave Robin Hood a shot back in the land of everything Hip, rad & Fantasia, but Peter Pan's Hook on the other hand.....Ya...That short lived and awful memory is best left forgotten. :p At least the movie was half decent. lol

Dang, you guys are more harsh than Rocksteady's rough epidermis! Like Waveboy pointed out, Silver Surfer is worth purchasing alone for that track! It's an awesome song, but my gosh it is all over the place! I have never played it but read some reviews and sounds like a good challenge. Might have to bust out the NES Advantage with its magical "slow" button for that one if I ever feel the need to surf in silver. :D

Yeah, I may be one of the few people that actually likes Robin Hood. As for Hook, I saw the movie which was good. How could it not be with Robin Williams? As for the game, I never knew it existed and after reading a review I will continue to do so!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,159. Posted:

a couple of Nintendo 64 games: Cyber Tiger, Rat Attack, Gex 3 - Deep Cover Gecko, Major League Baseball Ft. Ken Griffey Jr and Vigilante 8.

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Sasukeanditachi

1,160. Posted:

I picked up a Gameboy Pocket, Pokemon Emerald(GBA), and Vegas Games(GBC) for 5$ the other day, now to find time to actually play them and stop playing Kid Icarus(lolno)

Sasukeanditachi