Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,121 to 1,140 of 3,449

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,121. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

A whole lotta stuff :D

Waver,

Dude, if you are going to move south come to the West Coast! That is where Tasuki and myself reside. It will be easier to meet up when that tubular time transporter of yours is ready to send us on that blast to the past! As for the Canadian McDonalds fries I thought they were good but preferred the ones in the States. But I have had some sucky fries here though too! But you should definitely grab a lil’ Mcd’s, I grab some from time to time and I still manage to have the bod that gets confused with Conan the Barbarian.

So I will admit that I would like a 3DS but… I know I won’t play it that much. I don’t know how all these fanatics around here play so many games. So yeah, if I have a choice to spend some of my free time playing a video game I am going to choose to do it on a tube, whether it will be retro or modern. I made the conscious decision to go with the Wii U over the 3DS but that doesn’t mean I still don’t get tempted to have both though! But when I get all Inpsector Gadget analytical I know its best that I draw in line in the Sands of Time. Though I won’t be a big multi-current console gamer anymore I will still keep my PS3 if for no other reason than the Mega Man Anniversary Collection and Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection (may not get around to collecting Genesis games for awhile) which look really good on the big screen though not Chevy Chase classic like a CRT. Plus I don’t have a prob with using it as a 3D Blu-ray player. Man, watching those birdies still doesn’t get old! Haha… When is friggin’ 3D Avatar coming to be available to everybody anyway?

I love how popping in a NES, SNES, or Genesis gets right to the action. Some rad title screen pops with some sweet tune up and you select either “Start” or “Continue” and your off like Maverick through the danger zone! I can barbeque a steak within the amount of time it takes to load up the garbage before Uncharted 3’s title screen. As for Metroidvania’s I have only played Circle of the Moon which the music was superb and the game was fun but I’m with you about classic Castlevania. Experience points for Castlevania, come on, I am a vampire killer and I don’t need to get stronger to take on Dracula and his crew. I got the skillz, bring the test. Like you said, I like my Metroidvania served with Samus, Castlevania is its own course. Rebirth you say? Well I say, I may but another day. I’m not big into new-retro games. I feel why not just play a real retro? But it is Castlevania, so it is worth consideration. The flame whip had different versions throughout the Castlevania series though it is most dondly remembered in Simon’s Quest. Richter in Rondo of Blood and Dracula X can have a flame whip with no sub weapon and 25 hearts.

To bad about your Toxic Crusader Blob Light. Still an awesome piece of for your retro collection. I just play GameBoy games on my GBA though I would love to have an original Vampire battery sucking GameBoy complete with the box and all original accessories though!

Do definitely get Power Blade someday. I love the box, and I love the few minutes that I have spent with trying it out so far. Opening a new NES game is like an Out of this World experience. Seriously, it like transport tubes you back to the Summer of ’89. Knowing that a game has been sealed for 20 + years and just waiting for you is truly an indescribable A Link to the Past experience.

Well, the Toxic Crusaders called again and looks like they need a driver. Those Radiation Rangers are at it again!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,122. Posted:

latest retro purchases: Nintendo 64 Super Mario 64, Star Wars - Shadows Of The Empire Super Nintendo boxed console, 2 controllers, r/f adapter, psu, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Super Famicom) NES Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3 Gameboy NHL Hockey 95, Dennis, Soccer, 3 plastic cartridge cases Gameboy Color red console, Disney's The Emperor's New Groove, Tom & Jerry - Mousehunt. Gameboy Advance Lord Of The Rings - The Two Towers (CIB) Supervision Block Buster

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

1,123. Posted:

A silver Neo Geo Pocket Color with Sonic Pocket Adventure, Pacman, and King of Fighters R-2. All for around $35 (which is ultra cheap for one of these puppies).

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,124. Posted:

Dudes & dudettes, Boils & Ghouls, Babes & Waves, make way for some more TMNT retro-radical Action Figure Goomba Goodness. B-)

Untitled
Sewer Surfin' Michaelangelo in the bright beachy funky flesh! B-) I never had this one growing up(Had Sewer Swimming Don instead) but i absolutely dig the bright & vivid orange crab accessory, Mikey's colorful funky Sewer Surfin board and those weird random mini Sharks busting out of his shoulder and elbow.lol They just don't make figurines like this anymore It screams Color and is so TMNT- Psychadelic. B-) Also, the coolest thing about this Surftastic purchase is that it's coming straight from California Redando Beach. seems like little Mikey was catching some real waves!

Untitled
Slash.Again! I just had to get the 'Fluerescent purple' belt version, which I should of went with in the beginning instead of Slimer-scoring the ho-hum Boring & Black belt version. Now I've got two. :P But you know what they say, 2 Slash's are better than one!

And last but 'probably' least! B-)
Untitled
A Brand new Sealed copy of The Jungle Book on VHS! lol
Another Disney favorite of mine growing up. I ended up winning this on VHS back in my yogi the bear youngster days at my local Video Store by winning a kids Jungle Book Art Contest where you basicaly colored in a black & white photo of the Jungle Book Cover Art(they did it with many new Disney VHS releases and other cartoon/animated films) dropped it off at the video store where they then posted it up on a big wall with all of the other entries from the mullet rockin kiddies. I guarantee some of them cheated and had their parents to do the coloring for them haha. Little cheats! Anyways, i have my original Jungle Book case(In somewhat decent condition) but the actual VHS tape is missing. Which is why i got this in the first place as a replacement hehe. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

k8sMum

1,125. Posted:

i've got a copy of 'earthbound' on the 'trading games' thread. just a heads up for retro lovers. (please don't smack me, tbd!)

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,126. Posted:

latest retro purchases: Sega Master System Shinobi, Dragon Crystal (all CIB) Sega Megadrive F-1 (no manual) Dreamcast Trick Style, NFL Blitz 2000, Red Dog, Star Wars - Ep. 1 Jedi Power Battles (all CIB) Sega Saturn Worldwide Soccer 97 (CIB)

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,127. Posted:

Well Jungle Jump for Joy Waloo, The Jungle Book is one my favorites! That would be awesome if they gave it that magical Lion King 3D touch! Also nice purchase with Sewer Surfin' sea life wearing Michelangelo! Such a great action figure if you ask me. Definitely worthy of the Toy Hall of Fame. Looks like you will be going with your Gutsman gut from now on with these all-important retro purchases? Spend the cash on getting the best classic video games and toys because as they say and Mork and Mindy would agree, "they sure don't make 'em like that anymore!" Na-nu Na-nu!

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,128. Posted:

I imported a CIB copy of Solomon for GBC. If I'm buying retro, gonna buy maximum retro and not playing the American version that had the Monster Rancher franchise slapped on. :P
I also ordered with it a Kirby Kira Kira Kids (GB) cart (aka Star Stackers, really getting it for a better deal on shipping) and somewhat bad Famicom game called Plasma Ball. (Jaleco, they had good ideas that ended up flawed. This game being some sort of dodgeball/robo-death-battle thing. Would be decent if I didn't feel like I was playing against the Terminator. Very aggressive. It's a struggle just to get a hand (or whatever) on the ball, let alone keep it long enough to be able to line up a shot on him. Well, that one will hit the enemy without it blocking and grabbing it. And maybe if it was possible to reduce or remove characters' special moves, which allow you to directly attack the enemy, kinda removing some of the point.)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,129. Posted:

@KingMike
i got love for Jaleco, say do you like Shatterhand? i just beat it a few weeks ago. its a great game, im probably going to start Totally Rad this weekend.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

1,130. Posted:

Got Super Mario RPG for the VC. Never have actually beat it before, but i plan to this time around. Just got the third star and really enjoying it! Not even much of an RPG fan, usually, except for Paper Mario games. :p

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,131. Posted:

Scored me a copy of this rare NES beast complete with poster. I remember seeing this in Nintendo Power back in the day and saving up for it when I was a kid. Silly me though I sold it. I recommend anyone who has never played this to give it a try. It has this whole reverse gravity mechanic that makes this NES game unique.

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,132. Posted:

just ordered a repro game of Holy Diver, and finally all the bugs are fixed!, before all the carts were faulty in certain parts of the game. im the jerk responsible for a few sites taking that game off the order list, but in a good way. ive got in touch with the dudes again, and i can confirm the games are fixed 100%, and its time to rock and roll as Dio!
plays like Castlevania looks like Castlevania.
http://www.thenesdump.com/

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

matx22

1,133. Posted:

Mother 1+2 for the gba, And EarthBound

"Live and let live, Be as you be, Set your life in motion"

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,134. Posted:

matx22 wrote:

Mother 1+2 for the gba, And EarthBound

nice...are you hip to this Mother 3 guide?
http://www.fangamer.net/products/m3-handbook
its freakin great

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,135. Posted:

i also just bought The NeverEnding Story for my girlfriends little niece, she has to see this movie, shes only 5, what 5 year old should be deprived of a movie like this?

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,136. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

i also just bought The NeverEnding Story for my girlfriends little niece, she has to see this movie, shes only 5, what 5 year old should be deprived of a movie like this?

No kidding! The same goes for The Labyrinth. ;)
I'm sure many of us kids had a big giant crush on the Princess in The Never Ending Story back in the day. :p They just don't make movies like this anymore.
Also the sequal was complete garbage....It felt like a high budget episode of the mighty morphin power rangers. lol

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

asoccerstar43

1,137. Posted:

last weekend I bout super Mario bros/duck hunt and super sprint for NES at sound goes round

asoccerstar43

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,138. Posted:

@Waveboy
The NeverEnding Story also had a 3rd movie lol i guess if you never heard of it theres a reason
wait, the movie is called The NeverEnding Story, there should be more sequels than Friday The 13th by now.
ogo presents: The NeverEnding Story part 54: Falcor deals with hemorrhoids
Untitled
ride em cowboy

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,139. Posted:

Untitled
I already have Wario land II for the GB, but it's the Black & White original GB version which i picked up quite a while ago. I never knew WLII was released for the GBC, otherwise i would of got this instead. :p I still haven't played my GB copy yet, but this shall be a nice replacementO'! Color makes a world of a difference, but that's a Ninja Gaiden-No brainer! B-)

Also, I'm a complete GameBoy 'Color' Noobie. I never had a GBC growing up, just the original Big bricked' Green screened Game Boy. Once the GBC was released in the later 90's i wasn't too into hand helds to be honest which i regret because it would of been fantastic to play Wario Land 2, 3 Zelda Link's awakening DX ect ect and the like on the go, and 'in' color. I think i saw Pokemon red or Blue(or yellow was it? Either way i despise the franchise hehe) at a friends house and that was pretty much it, other than seeing the commercials and the cool dudes at school playing around with them in their vast arroy of different killer vibrant colors. :p Grape Purple has definitly got to be my favorite of the bunch. BUT I use my GBA SP to play Gameboy games due to the front light at the moment, so the GBC is basically just there to have in my collection. :p

Oh, and i just orederd another Butten Key replacement kit for my 2nd SNES Controller so the buttons will feel just as good as they did back in the day when Pee Wee's Play House ruled the Funky air waves instead of feeling unresponsive & Super squishy like they do now. It's another massive reason and motivation to get my SNES hooked up so i can do some serious mondo Bad-Dudes damage. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,140. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Scored me a copy of this rare NES beast complete with poster. I remember seeing this in Nintendo Power back in the day and saving up for it when I was a kid. Silly me though I sold it. I recommend anyone who has never played this to give it a try. It has this whole reverse gravity mechanic that makes this NES game unique.

Untitled

Another NES Obscure-like Classic I definitly need to check out! B-) I never even heard of this one until i checked out the Angry 'Happy' Videogame Nerd's YouTube Video a couple or so years back. Looks pretty awesome! How much did you end up paying for it? Most of cost quite a Beebop bitty' considering it's CIB! I've heard that ever since the HVGN Metal Storm video reared it's head online the Metal Storm Price tag has rocketed up a bit. :p

oldgamesonly wrote:

@Waveboy
The NeverEnding Story also had a 3rd movie lol i guess if you never heard of it theres a reason
wait, the movie is called The NeverEnding Story, there should be more sequels than Friday The 13th by now.
ogo presents: The NeverEnding Story part 54: Falcor deals with hemorrhoids
Untitled
ride em cowboy

Oh I've heard of the 3rd and it looks to the worst yet. Didn't they hire that little twerp with that massive bowl cut that starred in that craptastic looking Home Alone 3? Ya I know i could easily just check, but I couldn't care less. :P The original Never Ending Story is a million light years ahead of those 2 terrible sequals and most fantasy flicks in general. I swear, most fantasty movies peaked in 80s(The Labyrinth, The Dark Cystle ect ect....The same goes for the horror genre as well) and started to degrade in quality ever since.

Edited on by WaveBoy