Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,081 to 1,100 of 3,449

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,081. Posted:

whats funny about Surprise at Dinosaur Peak is that Sega Genesis had a rehashed version

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,082. Posted:

Maybe the seller should have checked the prices to see his "Nintendo tape" only goes for like $200, not $600. :P

KingMike

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,083. Posted:

@RyGoomba

Dude, you definitly need to get on Wario Land Shake it! for your Wii. ;) Thee' best modern 2D platformer I've ever played, and the greatest game i played of this generation so far(Metroid Prime 3 taking 2nd spot) actually if i were to throw down the nostalgia Punky Brooster shades of Grimmis glory I'd say that it's better than Most Super mario SideScrollers...Except my beloved mr. Doki Doki Panic 'aka' Super Mario Bros 2 of course :p

The Motion tilt & even shake controls make the experience all the more amazing, i never get tired of expressing my mondo mad love and california crush for this game. :p But remember don't try and just skim through the game, it's all about the objectives. And let me General Tragg-tell you, it aint gonna be easy! Ninja Gaiden III, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Castlevania III, and every other tough as nails Nes game don't have anything on a lot of the objectives in WLSI. It will test your gaming skills above and Spiccoli-beyond. Trial and error it tis' with extreme skills you must weild, or you shall perish with Gumby in a giant bowl of Peewee's favorite home made dish....Ice Cream soup! :p

Completely random and epic insaneness aside, I never did get around to playing Flinstones on the NES. Aside from munching down on those colorful Dinofied Fruity pebbles cereal and enjoying those retro commercials that went along with it i never cared too much for the Show or The Jetsons. :p Anyways, it looks like The Flinstones along with Bubble Bobble 2 will be two NES games I'll never get the chance to play. And i don't do roms so that's out of the question. But i would pay the price for a used 'cart only' copy of either Little Samson, DuckTales 2 and Chip 'n Dale 2. ;)

And man, every everytime i hit up McDonalds(which is rare for me as it is unless it's a cheat day because i like to stay in tip top He-Man shape haha) I will for now on always stash my MCdonalds food in this most rightous retro vortex Fast food time
machine that is my Super Mario Bros 3. Sky Land MCDonalds Happy Meal box. :p

I'll be reliving those crazy happy meal SMB3 cheese burger meal And McNugget days while watching a bit of Captain N, TMNT and the Super Mario Bros Super Show, and a zillion other amazing retro toonies. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,084. Posted:

Yikes! I'm on another Retro splurging Rampage! :p I just can't stop! Then again it's stopping now until another few weeks that is hehe.

First up is the Super duper' Super Punch-Out!! for the SNES, Another semi-SNES classic yet dissapointing sequal out of the massive 'only 3 title' franchise. B-) :p
Untitled

Aside from the amazing big sprites that were pretty mind blowing for the time, the game just doesn't quite hold a candle to the original in my opinion. It just doesn't flow as well gameplay wise....It just doesn't feel as tight, satisfying or kinetic based on the way you punch your oppenents 'again' in comparison to the orginal. Plus ditching Mario as the referee sucked a tiny bit of that charm away and what in the he-man hell did they do to our poor Little Mac? Supposably it's another 'incarnation' of the Macattack. Still it's a pretty solid game and I just had to get it to complete my Punch-Out!! Collection. Ya, all 3 of them! :p

And personally i wouldn't really even consider this 'retro' at all...But I'll throw it down anyways, a CIB(without the inserts) copy of Super Mario 64. :p

Untitled

It was mind blowing when it first hit the scene.The 3D analog controls were so precise and just wonderful and the giant fully 3D worlds were unlike anything else, including the unique controller. Like I've said before, i'm not a big fan of the N64, but this game was it's own revolution for 3D
video gaming all together, and aside from Super Mario Sunshine it's the only Super Mario title i don't own in my collection. But i have to say, I'm a little dissapointed in myself for not looking good enough on eBay. There was a copy CIB labeled as 'used' condition but was actually near mint( It's in the photo above) going for $41 including shipping, yet i never spotted it for some odd reason in the listings. Instead i went for a copy CIB for $47 + $20 shipping and i'm kind of kicking myself right now. As the seller won't do a mutual refund. Bummer, i could of saved myself $25. sigh*

Here's the actual photo from the copy i ordered. WHAT was I thinking!? http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA1MlgxNjAw/$(KGrHqNHJBsE60e3usicB... forget the creepy and ugly card board used for the background....Look at the bottom right hand corner? What...The....Looks like I just bought a copy of Super Mario 64 off of some mutant Fugitoid, that or somebody who loves to eat their finger nails. I better make sure to boil my copy of SM64, i would wan't to get the T-Virus haha. Yet at least she, he, it knocked down $7 for the shipping, but the other copy in the previous photo displayed in this post was still around $20 cheaper and the box and booklet are in 'mint' condiition plus it has the white insert which i completely forgot to check for, for the one i just snaged. Double Bummer!

And finally, a Nyko Blob Light for the Gameboy Color. B-) Now we all know those pesky GBC Snake lights are pretty horrible...They're an absolute Pain in the mega tooshy and only light a certain portion of the screen while creating a nasty
reflection in the popey process.

Untitled

Apperantly this Blob light brightens up the entire screen with it's superior and stronger light. Plus, it looks like some bendable goopy TMNT toxic turtle slime going by the video Review on YouTube. That would go either way for most people, but I'm sure it will compliment my Purple GBC. :p Hopefully the middle Slime light doesn't actually get in the way of the screen during gameplay, because that alone would completely be distracting and would instantly break the experience for me.

If this doesn't help at all, i may actually take apart my GBA SP and install it's Back light in my GBC, as tricky
and annoying as it looks judging by the online tutorial! Because there's no way I'm paying $120(For a Gameboy Color + The Front Light installed) Then again.....and finally, you gotta love that Blob Light packaging. Summoned out of a gloomy creepy river-like swamp 'just' to light up your GameBoy. :D

EDIT: I just caved in and got the other mint copy of Super Mario 64 CIB for $40. :p It was just bugging the hell out of me, and what can I say I couldn't resist. Money well wasted! At least with the previous copy i bought. Looks like I'll be selling the crappier copy along with my other box of dusty videogames. Too bad the seller wasn't nice enough to do a mutual refund. Looks like Mrs monster thumbs doesn't have a heart, and it looks like 'I' need to brush up on my careless eBay shopping. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

1,085. Posted:

if GameCube counts as retro, I just bot Sonic Heroes. Rather nostalgic for me (I had the PS2 version when it was new). It's also a lot better than the PS2 version.

Edited on by The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,086. Posted:

Waveanardo
SNES game now? Wow, haven’t seen you buy one of those in awhile. Super Punch Out!! is awesome though I agree it misses the 8-bit flava. Haven’t played that since renting SNES games at Blockbuster was what the kids did. As for Mario 64… OK I can understand why you got it; it was 3d revolutionary and deserves its place in video game history. I just didn’t spend much time with the N64. Maybe after my SNES, NES, Atari 2600, and Genesis collections are complete I will work on that! Haha… yeah right like that will happen anytime soon, especially for the dollars some of these pricey Stay Puff Marshmellow Man cartridges are going for. ;) Anyway that story is totally hilarious about the SMB 64! :D Is that a finger nail or a toe nail? NASTE-Y Did you pay the Shredder mutant reject all ready? If not don’t, take a hit on the Ebay account or whatever. I just sold my crap mummified copy of Super Castlevania IV on Amazon and actually profited $1.00 after the fees! Hope that blob lights work out for you, if not is just another cool accessory!

I seriously bought this for .01 cent (plus $3.99 for shipping)! I have the NES cart Strider already but haven’t got around too it yet so why not play it on my GBA during lunch I thought? Yeah Strider is as glitchy as Dracuala hell but it will be awesome to complete! How many people you know have? :D Plus it’s got Bionic Commado which is a such great NES game. It has to be one of the first NES games to cuss. Mighty Final Fight, whatever I guess it will be nice to play. The NES cart goes for mucho Chuck-E-Cheese coins anyway.

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,087. Posted:

I bought that new awhile ago but haven't gotten around to playing it.
I wonder if it's as glitchy as some of the other non-Nintendo NES ports?

I got an actual copy of the Super Dodge Ball/Nekketsu Street Basket compilation after trying it in an emulator, and while it wasn't as flickery as the emu, it's still kinda bad (as the graphics jump a bit as it tries to compensate for the GBA's lower resolution). I think that, for the Nintendo NES ports, they just cropped the graphics and edited them to minimize quality loss.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,088. Posted:

@KingMike: You ever played Strider before? I don't think it's just with the GBA port, I have read about plenty of complaints and issues with the NES game. It is one of those few games that was not released in Japan. The "triangle jump" is a pain, it makes the Super Metroid wall jump seem easy in comparison!

I love how it says on the back of the box "Celebrate gaming history with 3 of Capcom's most popular titles." Yeah right, when I think of Capcom I don't think of Strider and Mighty Final Fight; Bionic Commando on the other hand is a yes.

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,089. Posted:

Wow, awesome purchases, Waveboy. I've been after Super Mario 64 and Super Punch-out!! for a while now. Too bad my TV is messed up so I couldn't play them anyways.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,090. Posted:

It arguably doesn't count but I finally got a working copy of Super Monkey Ball 2 again.

I'm really dissappointed in how much Monkey Racing doesn't hold up but the rest is as awesome as I remember.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,091. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled
Untitled

i forgot to mention that was a nice purchase.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,092. Posted:

@Waveboy: Nice purchases there dude. Super Punch Out!! always holds a soft spot in my heart but that was cause it was the first Punch Out I really got into and beat. I rented Mike Tysons a few times but that was one of the super hard to get games from my video store you know the ones that are always rented out. Although after playing the other games in the series I can see why people were disappointed by Super Punch Out!!. The one round fights, the fact that kicks and sticks were used against you and all you can do is punch and the fact that if you do run out of time you cant win by decision. Still as you said no Punch Out!! collection is complete without it.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,093. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled
Untitled

i forgot to mention that was a nice purchase.

The most legendary Happy meal line up indeed! :p This photo makes it look crummy since it's not put together. And it's funny, considering these are pretty Dino-damn rare in the first place, i thought it would of went for a higher price than what i got it for! :D And man, i just LOVE the old school SMB 2 & 3 Mario Art work(The manuals, Box Art, ect ect) compared to the more modern generic, simplistic and artificial art work shown off for New Super Mario bros Wii for ex. What can I say, I prefer Mario when he was a bit shorter and more toonish looking during the 80's and early 90's. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,094. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Waveboy: Nice purchases there dude. Super Punch Out!! always holds a soft spot in my heart but that was cause it was the first Punch Out I really got into and beat. I rented Mike Tysons a few times but that was one of the super hard to get games from my video store you know the ones that are always rented out. Although after playing the other games in the series I can see why people were disappointed by Super Punch Out!!. The one round fights, the fact that kicks and sticks were used against you and all you can do is punch and the fact that if you do run out of time you cant win by decision. Still as you said no Punch Out!! collection is complete without it.

Tell me about it. :p Super Punch-Out!! got a little overboard(Ahem Dragon Chan with his kung fu kicking and the worst yet...That old little quick booger How Quarlo and his stick of death.He was insane! )and the challenge was even ramped up considerably, not that that is a bad thing, even though the original became Raphael-Rock hard towards the mid-end point...And once you actually reached the end, you had zero chance against ear chompin' Mikey T. :p

As for Super Punch-Out!!, I found that it was a lot trickier to judge when your opponent would strike and when he did it was still a bit confusing at times especially with Hoy....The perspective was a bit more first person/behind the shoulder this time out and it felt a little overly complex with some of the later opponents when trying to find their weak spots, or where and when to dodge properly and this and that.

The Punch-Out!! remake went back to the orgiinal for inspiration and they nailed it. It was basically a remake if anything, Throwing in Disco Kid and the next to impossible Donkey Kong as a secret opponent were nice touches. But dude! They seriously need to bring back Mario as a referee. It broke my Rick Bruiser heart when i realised Mario got the Parakoopa shaft and was kicked to the Cut man curb by a lame & dorky generic referee.

Plus, i wasn't crazy over the music either, or the jazzy orchestrated NES arrangements. Other than that i'll admit it's the best punch-out!! But the original is still my favorite. Why? Massive Nostalgia overload, Little Mac's first & amazing debut, Mario was the referee, Going up against King Hippo & Bald Bull for the first time was awesome-scary, Mike Tyson was the final Baddy and the chip tunes are so charming. :p Plus, it was amazing seeing King Hippo as one of the bad guys in Captain N: The Game Master during that time as well.

Oh and I hope they bring back the Narcist Prince back from Super Punch-Out!! in the 'next' Punch-Out!! release. :p
Hopefully it will be on the 3DS. Oh and here's a match against the Narcist Prince and Hoy.....Take a look at how confusing and choppy-quick and flat Hoy's attacks are. It's pretty confusing and sloppy. :p I'll admit I could never beat Mike Tyson in the original....He was click as lightning, as for Super Punch-Out!! I still can't beat the first bruiser brother and it's because I find it too bloody confusing.lol Yet I have beaten Title Defense all the way through in Punch-Out!! for the Wii. But I couldn't make it past banana humpin DK. :p Yikes! Another wall of tetris-TextOrama from yours truly.lol

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,095. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Waveanardo
SNES game now? Wow, haven’t seen you buy one of those in awhile. Super Punch Out!! is awesome though I agree it misses the 8-bit flava. Haven’t played that since renting SNES games at Blockbuster was what the kids did. As for Mario 64… OK I can understand why you got it; it was 3d revolutionary and deserves its place in video game history. I just didn’t spend much time with the N64. Maybe after my SNES, NES, Atari 2600, and Genesis collections are complete I will work on that! Haha… yeah right like that will happen anytime soon, especially for the dollars some of these pricey Stay Puff Marshmellow Man cartridges are going for. ;) Anyway that story is totally hilarious about the SMB 64! :D Is that a finger nail or a toe nail? NASTE-Y Did you pay the Shredder mutant reject all ready? If not don’t, take a hit on the Ebay account or whatever. I just sold my crap mummified copy of Super Castlevania IV on Amazon and actually profited $1.00 after the fees! Hope that blob lights work out for you, if not is just another cool accessory!

I seriously bought this for .01 cent (plus $3.99 for shipping)! I have the NES cart Strider already but haven’t got around too it yet so why not play it on my GBA during lunch I thought? Yeah Strider is as glitchy as Dracuala hell but it will be awesome to complete! How many people you know have? :D Plus it’s got Bionic Commado which is a such great NES game. It has to be one of the first NES games to cuss. Mighty Final Fight, whatever I guess it will be nice to play. The NES cart goes for mucho Chuck-E-Cheese coins anyway.

Untitled

RyDude I don't blame you one Count Chocula crispy bit for not wanting to collect or even having the tiniest spark or urge to collect N64 games. :P to me that system aside from a few killer masterpieces was a massive pile of dissapointing goopy gaiden garbage. Ok maybe that's being a bit Hayabusa-harsh, but holy hell Charlie Brown there wasn't 'one' single sprite based title released in Super man sight for the blocky 3D-Polygon riddled thing...And because of that reason i stuck with the PS1 to actually get a little 'variety', my 32-bit Sprite fix, and my Mega Man & Resident Evl(the first was amazing for the time) fix. Mega Man 8, Rayman, tomba!, Castlevania SOTN, Mega Man X4 ect were pretty awesome and they were some of my first 32-bit Sprite based gaming experiences, Rayman being the first. My eyes lit up during the time, pretty gorgeous stuff! :D

As for the N64, instead...make way for a zillion Mario 64 plaformer rip offs, tons of titles that boasted under30 frames per second(Choppy!), textures that were beyond blurred in gigantic 3D barren worlds that are incredibly ooglay' by todays standards... or for the most part. :p But during the Time they were FULLY 3D, had amazing scope and the analog stick was all sorts of revolutionary during the time. but for me, i craved me some retro 2D sprite riddled titles and during that generation i could only get that with the PS1. I always imagined how awesome the N64 would of been had they dished out
sprite-based titles as well instead of everything just being 3D. I wanted the best of both worlds, which is why you had to have both systems.

Anyways! That was definitly a toe, before i actually thought she was holding a piece of cardboard in frame with her Warlock hand. But clearly she's taking a picture from above/looking down with her nasty gremlin toe in full view for all of the kiddies to puke over.YUCK! And i defintily would of taken a hit on my eBay account, yet i payed instantly after the purchase so my only option was to do a mutual agreement. That aside, I've just completed my N64 collection! 1 Game! I'm done! haha. I don't need anything else, if i feel like playing something i'll just get it on the Wii's N64 VC.

So how much did you end up selling SCIV for? And $1 after the Amazon fee's? Would eBay of been any better? And I've never played Strider back on the NES,I'll be sure to look into it. Bionic Commando was definitly all sorts of rad and i never knew they actually released a Final Fight for the Nes. Woa! how does it rank up against Double Dragon 1 & 2? :D I've only played the original FF in the Arcades and SNES. That's totaly something I'd love to get. Strider, FF Nes and Bionic Commando(which i never got too far in) have now been added to the WaveMyster's 'NES to get list' B-)

And yesss, that Glow Light better work!....I'm dieing to play me some Wario Land 2, 3 and Contra: Operation C AND whenever i find a copy of TMNT III: Radical Rescue. :o

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,096. Posted:

McWave Though I know you are wavian but live in Canada I wanted to tell you that I was up snowboarding at Whistler this past weekend while all the goomba’s were glued to their TV’s watching a meaningless game. For lunch yesterday I got some Canadian McDonalds and the fries I noticed tasted different then here in the States. I was as surprised as Peter Venkman after he discovered Dana Barret was possessed by Zuul! Anyway, yeah the N64 totally missed the Love Boat when they neglected to make 64-bit sprite based games. Though part of me thinks I missed out on some Excellent Adventure like experiences, I’m really kind of glad that I don’t have nostalgia mixed in for my feelings towards the Bogus Journey N64 because then there would be even more games I would want to collect! Plus there are enough NES, SNES, Genesis, and Atari 2600 for this dude's lifetime to keep me satisfied even if I never buy another current gneration game.

I sold Super Castlevania IV for $51.99 plus $4 for shipping. I don’t think I would have got that for it on Ebay in an auction. I mean, I bought my near mint complete copy for $37.00 and it had all the inserts and the plastic on it except one side where you open the box. I could have put a “But it Now” price but there are plenty of Super Castlevania IV copies on Ebay. Amazon’s situation for SC IV was different. Also, I just sold my attacked by vampire fangs scratched label cart only copy of Bloodlines for $22.50 on Amazon whereas I bought the cart originally for $12.00 with shipping and my nice complete copy from Ebay for $24.00 including shipping! :D

Strider is totally rough like a killer pizza. So if you do get it though best be prepared like a Ninja! I’m sure if you have read reviews you have heard this already though. I haven’t got to far in it yet but it’s pretty fun if you don’t mine some frustration. As for Mighty Final Fight, I have only played it for like 3 minutes, saving it for after Strider, I will be sure and let you know though! Mighty Final Fight goes for some serious Space Cash so you may need to get a loan from Uncle Scrooge! :D

Yeah, hear you about playing/finding Radical Rescue. How do you like Operation C compared to the other Contra’s?

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

classicnintendo

1,097. Posted:

Untitled

Edited on by classicnintendo

Refurbished Nintendo

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,098. Posted:

I received Power Blade yesterday and what an underrated NES classic this is! Just look at the 80’s Terminator inspired cover! I purchased it and the seller said it was “new”. Here’s the Wild and Crazy kids thing, when I got I thought I got RickRollD resealed! There was no H-seam on the back, just one long seam going along the side, top, and bottom. So I was like OK, I didn’t overpay for this and was planning to open it up anyway so I proceeded and expected the worst. Come to find out though the game was there in the plastic baggy with a mint copy of the manual, neon colored Taito poster, and the Nintendo Power ad! I checked the contacts of the game and they looked like they came straight form Videoland. :D

Untitled

Untitled

Power Blade has one of my favorite NES soundtracks. Seriously, if you like good NES tunes listen to the different Sectors music. I would describe it as a Mega Man and Castlevania 3 in 1 bar Popsicle musical infusion! Sector 4 is my favorite. :)

Anyway, I remember renting this game as a kid and who can forget the Nintendo Power cover? Looking forward to rolling with Nova and wielding the razor-sharp steel power blade to save the New Earth from aliens!

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,099. Posted:

@Ryno
glad you got that. when i decide to play it and after i beat it im going to immediately pop in power blade 2. i was actually going to start the series last weekend but decided to play and finish shatterhand instead. i put that taito poster on my wall too. lol

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,100. Posted:

Obvious Asian bootleg. They even spelled "Colour" wrong.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.