Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,061 to 1,080 of 3,427

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,061. Posted:

LOL, if the $118.50 was you, I just gotta say, I've waited literally til the last second to ninja eBay auctions I've wanted.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

JaredJ

1,062. Posted:

Never understood why Dracula x goes for so much. It's not that great.

Playstation Network: kcchiefsfan81

Nintendo Network ID: kcchiefsfan

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,063. Posted:

sykotek wrote:

LOL, if the $118.50 was you, I just gotta say, I've waited literally til the last second to ninja eBay auctions I've wanted.

yeah that was me lol.
i didnt like the conditions of the other carts available, this was like the last expensive game i needed.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,064. Posted:

@oldgamesonly: Did you place a bid higher than that amount? If so, what did you put in? Congrats by the way.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,065. Posted:

sykotek wrote:

@oldgamesonly: Did you place a bid higher than that amount? If so, what did you put in? Congrats by the way.

i put 125$, i always put more than i know folks are willing to pay. the thing with me is that i prepare way ahead of time incase i run into someone like me, either way to me its like a "buy it now" with a fun mini game added lol.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,066. Posted:

Just came back from an incredibly INtense TMNT Bidding Auction for an oh so sweet Original 1988' Raphael Action figure with all of his weapons, But to my shell shocked suprise I ended up losing during the last 10 seconds due to some dangerous dude increasing the bid $15 which basically blasted the price past $50. bummer!. Yet to my Suprise the same seller had an 88' Michaelangelo up so I quickly jumped in during the last mega minute and snagged it. B-)

Untitled

And then There's slash which i got for a great price. Look at those eye catching awesome fluerescent colors which are layered over the meanest, Not so greenish and ugliest turtle there ever was. :p

Untitled

Plus, a LOZ: A Link to the Past 6" 'Link" Beed Sprite.
Untitled

And finally, for my brothers upcoming B-day I got him a Sega Genesis(M1) with 1 controller with a copy of Decap Attack CIB. B-) I had to wheel and deal with the sellar to get the price knocked down a bit lower considering it came with a bunch of crappy games i didn't wan't.
Untitled
Untitled

But I have to admit, I wouldn't mind having it for myself considering I'm currently Genesis-less with a ridiculous craving for Castlevania Bloodlines.:p. Anyways! Decap Attack was one of his favorites back in his half baked youthful & gloriied Genesis days so I know he'll get a massive nostalgic kick out of just seeing the actual Box Art/case itself. :)

I can just see his reaction now.......
Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,067. Posted:

@WaveBoy
did you know there are two "versions" of Slash? one in a black belt and one in a purple belt.

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,068. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

@WaveBoy
did you know there are two "versions" of Slash? one in a black belt and one in a purple belt.

Untitled
i would of totaly went for the purple belt version had it been cheaper in price. A Complete Slash/With purple belt goes for twice as much out of the package in comparison to the black belt version. In The package it goes for around $100. yikes!

Either way, whatever. You can't go wrong with either. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,069. Posted:

@Waveboy
yeah the purple belt version is more, i used to have that one when it first came out...man my grandma would buy me all the figures. she would go to the toy stores and make them let her look through the boxes in the back, thats how i got mutagen man, muck man, fugitoid, slash, mondo geko and all those off the wall figures

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,070. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

@Waveboy
yeah the purple belt version is more, i used to have that one when it first came out...man my grandma would buy me all the figures. she would go to the toy stores and make them let her look through the boxes in the back, thats how i got mutagen man, muck man, fugitoid, slash, mondo geko and all those off the wall figures

Do you still have most of your TMNT figures? Sadly i don't have any of them. Actually I have nothing from the 80's or early 90's which includes Ghostbusters, He-Man, GIJOE, Bucky 'O hare, Army Ants and much more. But recollecting them and getting ever more is what eBay is for. ;) And I actually never had Slash growing up OR Leonardo which seemed to be the most difficult Turtle figure out of the 4 to actually find during my youngster days where it almost felt like an adventure trying to find the figure you wanted while being filled with extreme excitement during those long awesome Toy shopping days down in the Toys R Us Toy Isles and the like.

Rapheal 88' was the first TMNT toy I ever got, followed with Donatello, Shredder, Michaealangelo, Splinter, Foot Soldier, Beepop(Loved that one), Rocksteady, Casey Jones and PIzza Face(which were both my favorites). Mondo Gecko, Sewer Swimmin' Donatello, The Turtle Blimp, Napoleon Bonafrog, Krang, The Rat King and many more.

Yet I always wondered why they never released any of those Yellow Pizza looking-Demon monsters from that one episode "Case of the Killer Pizza's"(Which is also happens to be one of my favorite episodes) considering they started to make up a lot of characters that weren't even in the series. :p

Untitled

And oh man, that F.h.e logo introduction on the TMNT VHS tape brings back so many memories. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,071. Posted:

Bought Super Mario Bros. 3 for the GBA. Currently obsessed with it but sucks that it corrupts my data randomly. :(

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

1,072. Posted:

If you consider it retro:

• Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (Wii)
    It includes 1993 PC adventure Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (original PC version with Wii pointer controls).
  • Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (Wii)
    It's the mid 90ies cartoony adventure (for the most part the original release with a few little touches added and changed here and there). It was first released for PC and PS1.
  • SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 (Wii)
    A collection of 16 Neo Geo/arcade games.
  • Bonk III: Bonk's Big Adventure (Wii/VC)
    Rare Turbografx jump&run from 1993 with big sprites and colorful stages and great 2 player co-op. (I had the two prequels for a while, and downloaded part 3 so I finally have the original Turbografx-Bonk trilogy complete on my Wii) Bonk III is easily the best in the series.

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,073. Posted:

@oldgamesonly: Nice, glad to see you got your copy of Dracula X. Having a copy of that game puts us at elite level member status of the Goonies which, by the way is now on Thursday's instead of Wednesday's at the Fratelli's Store. :P People like to dog on the game but I'll admit I like it. Sure the level design is a little Willy Wonka wonkey but the music and graphics kick Belmont blood butt. Plus, it's classic Castlevania which I prefer to Symphony style any day of the week.

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,074. Posted:

@Waveboy i dont have any tmnt figures anymore i used to play with them a lot too
@Ryno its just like any other Castlevania if you ask me
cant be that bad, they always get bids on ebay. now watch, its going to become a fad.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,075. Posted:

Wow I take a short break from this place and Waveboy goes nuts. :P Nice haul there dude. Sucks about the Raphael but you get it next time.

I have both versions of Slash one with the black belt and one with the purple belt. Also I think the one with the Black belt also was a brighter shade of green than the one with the purple belt. Also I found funny is that the reused the Slash mold for the toy version of Tokka (the turtle from the second movie) even going so far as reusing the weapons from Slash which we all know that Tokka never used in the movie

Untitled

Also nice purchase on the Genesis there too I am sure your bro will love it. I guess this means you are going to be spending alot of time with your bro at least till you get your own Genesis. :P

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,076. Posted:

@Waveboy: You certainly like to make a Casey Jones type retro splash don’t you? Those Turtle figures are cowabungalicious! Slash is one messed up mutant though. How did he get so jacked up while the TMNT came out so boadacious? Did Slash just get a bad batch of ooze? How’s your TMNT collection coming? Do you have Sewer Surfer? I still have mine from when I was a pre-teenage honorary turtle.
Untitled

The Link sprite is so random but oh so retroriffic, how did you find that?

Nice B-day present for your borther, my 31st is June 10th so I am expecting some nice retro gifts from you :D If you want to you can get a me a copy of Rescue Rangers 2, Duck Tales 2, Snow Brothers, or Little Samson. I don’t have those yet. ;)

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,077. Posted:

@Ryno
Cowabungalicious indeed Ryeonardo! But no where near as gnarly as that picture of Sewer Surfin Michaelangelo with his eye scortching orange Crab buddy accessory. :p And is that a baby shark chilling on his shoulder? haha :D I need to get that one some time! I used to have Sewer Swimming Don back when fluerescnt & Black spandex shorts were the Count Chocoula craze. B-) He was the ultimate bath tub toy back when having bubble baths as a youngster felt like a massive Ocean of magical Action Figure combat.

And I found that Link beed Sprite on eBay, there are a bunch of different kinds be it beeds or stickers that you can snag. How's this little Vampire whippin' 8-bit Trevor Belmont Sprite keychain for ya? ;) :P
Untitled

and you've got some crazy rare & expensive Egon Spengler NES taste my friend! How's about a Complete copy of Dr. Jekyll & mr. Hyde? Hell I'd even take that just for the flashy cheesy & colorful box art! :p Or how's about BUBBLE BOBBLE 2 CIB & Sealed? Ya, that will only run me back over $20,000 on eBay. OR there's a used copy going for $300. :p Ya, Little Samson aint got nothing on Bubble Bobble 2 as far as being pricey goes. :p

But yup! I just made a couple more Retro Purchases. Wario Land 4 CIB with the inserts, and I'm happy to say that i now have all 5 of the Wario Land games. :D Even though i have yet to play 2, 3 and 4. Wario Land Shake it! being thee greatest Current Gen Game I've ever layed my mega mits on. As well as WL for the GB being the best GB platformer I've ever played...It makes Super Mario Land and even 2 look half Punky Brooster baked in CaseyJones(I'm seriously abusing the CJ haha) comparison.

Untitled
Not the actual Photo, but yo get the idea.

And for me, this is a pretty exciting and extremely awesome Fast Food filled nostalgic treasure. A '1990 McDonalds Super Mario Bros. 3 Sky Land Happy Meal Box. Unused(No greasy shinanigans) and is in fantastic tip top shape. B-) When folded and bent together in typical old School MCDonalds happy meal Box fasion it looks just as awesome as it does in the commercials.
Untitled
Untitled

Pipe Land is also up for sale. Yet personally i really wished they had Water Land up or Grass Land. Knowing me, I'd buy them all but I gotta watch the Space chash if you know what i mean. lol Anyways, Water Land was my most favorite Happy Meal Box whenever i was dunkin McChiggin nuggets like a bodacious Bad-Dudes Battletoad.B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,078. Posted:

we need to start some retro collecters society/club lol
www.timecapsuleclub.gov

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,079. Posted:

@Tasuki.

Knowing my brother, he'll most likely want to sell the Sega Genesis down the line just to get a few extra mega bucks and I'll be the first one in line to buy it off him! :p Money Well spent haha And with the Genesis finally out of the way, that leaves me with one final console to add to my Retro collection and that's the Atari 2600, wood panel and all. B-)

And i was never a fan of Tokka and Razzar back in TMNT II the movie. I felt so butt hurt since they didn't give us Rocksteady and Beebop instead. I'm sure most turtle crazed kids during the time felt the same way! :p....Plus Ultimate Shredder wasn't so ultimate after all, since he met his demise seconds later after being crushed by a freakin dock.lol You'd think they'd try to top that epic fight scene(Including the amazing track that went with it) with the Turtles Vs Shredder in the original, but instead we get this?

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,080. Posted:

@Waveboy:

Yes, Sewer Surfer does have a baby shark on his shoulder and crab near his crotch. It’s really a great action figure!

You are creating some serious waves to roll off 2012 my friend! I have never played a Wario Land game, well take that back I played Super Mario Land 3 but they must be all kinds of awesome by the way you praise them. That is a great that you go the series, something just feels right when you have an entire series of something you know? It would be like hanging out with Pee Wee Herman outside of his playhouse and yeah sure, you are bound to have a fantastic time but something just would be missing. That Simon Belmont is also a very cool keychain, I will have to remember that. :D As for the McD’s SMB3 Happy Meal box, man that takes me back. I can taste the greasy fries now will jumping inside of goofy grape Grimace. :)
Untitled

You want to know a ridiculously expensive NES game that probably never would have imagined that it goes for the prices that it does? How about The Flintstones: The surprise at Dinousaur Peak. This bedrock beauty cart only can be yours for $600 OBO.
Untitled

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flintstones-Surprise-Dinosaur-Peak-Ra...

oldgamesonly wrote:

we need to start some retro collecters society/club lol
www.timecapsuleclub.gov

Definitely, this stuff needs to be preserved.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery