Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 4,850

Spagem

WaveBoy wrote:

@Ryno
Cowabungalicious indeed Ryeonardo! But no where near as gnarly as that picture of Sewer Surfin Michaelangelo with his eye scortching orange Crab buddy accessory. And is that a baby shark chilling on his shoulder? haha I need to get that one some time! I used to have Sewer Swimming Don back when fluerescnt & Black spandex shorts were the Count Chocoula craze. He was the ultimate bath tub toy back when having bubble baths as a youngster felt like a massive Ocean of magical Action Figure combat.

And I found that Link beed Sprite on eBay, there are a bunch of different kinds be it beeds or stickers that you can snag. How's this little Vampire whippin' 8-bit Trevor Belmont Sprite keychain for ya?
Untitled

and you've got some crazy rare & expensive Egon Spengler NES taste my friend! How's about a Complete copy of Dr. Jekyll & mr. Hyde? Hell I'd even take that just for the flashy cheesy & colorful box art! Or how's about BUBBLE BOBBLE 2 CIB & Sealed? Ya, that will only run me back over $20,000 on eBay. OR there's a used copy going for $300. Ya, Little Samson aint got nothing on Bubble Bobble 2 as far as being pricey goes.

But yup! I just made a couple more Retro Purchases. Wario Land 4 CIB with the inserts, and I'm happy to say that i now have all 5 of the Wario Land games. Even though i have yet to play 2, 3 and 4. Wario Land Shake it! being thee greatest Current Gen Game I've ever layed my mega mits on. As well as WL for the GB being the best GB platformer I've ever played...It makes Super Mario Land and even 2 look half Punky Brooster baked in CaseyJones(I'm seriously abusing the CJ haha) comparison.

Untitled
Not the actual Photo, but yo get the idea.

And for me, this is a pretty exciting and extremely awesome Fast Food filled nostalgic treasure. A '1990 McDonalds Super Mario Bros. 3 Sky Land Happy Meal Box. Unused(No greasy shinanigans) and is in fantastic tip top shape. When folded and bent together in typical old School MCDonalds happy meal Box fasion it looks just as awesome as it does in the commercials.
Untitled
Untitled

Pipe Land is also up for sale. Yet personally i really wished they had Water Land up or Grass Land. Knowing me, I'd buy them all but I gotta watch the Space chash if you know what i mean. lol Anyways, Water Land was my most favorite Happy Meal Box whenever i was dunkin McChiggin nuggets like a bodacious Bad-Dudes Battletoad.

NICE! dang, happy meals were cool then. i wish they still did video game stuff but oh well. Im too big for happy meals anyways. Anyways my latest retro purchse was Alladin SNES and mario allstars SNES. I got them at the swapmeet for. Alladin was $5 and allstars was originally $30 but i bargained it for $23. hee hee. lucky me

Spagem

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | My Nintendo: Spagem | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

A whole lotta stuff

Waver,

Dude, if you are going to move south come to the West Coast! That is where Tasuki and myself reside. It will be easier to meet up when that tubular time transporter of yours is ready to send us on that blast to the past! As for the Canadian McDonalds fries I thought they were good but preferred the ones in the States. But I have had some sucky fries here though too! But you should definitely grab a lil’ Mcd’s, I grab some from time to time and I still manage to have the bod that gets confused with Conan the Barbarian.

So I will admit that I would like a 3DS but… I know I won’t play it that much. I don’t know how all these fanatics around here play so many games. So yeah, if I have a choice to spend some of my free time playing a video game I am going to choose to do it on a tube, whether it will be retro or modern. I made the conscious decision to go with the Wii U over the 3DS but that doesn’t mean I still don’t get tempted to have both though! But when I get all Inpsector Gadget analytical I know its best that I draw in line in the Sands of Time. Though I won’t be a big multi-current console gamer anymore I will still keep my PS3 if for no other reason than the Mega Man Anniversary Collection and Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection (may not get around to collecting Genesis games for awhile) which look really good on the big screen though not Chevy Chase classic like a CRT. Plus I don’t have a prob with using it as a 3D Blu-ray player. Man, watching those birdies still doesn’t get old! Haha… When is friggin’ 3D Avatar coming to be available to everybody anyway?

I love how popping in a NES, SNES, or Genesis gets right to the action. Some rad title screen pops with some sweet tune up and you select either “Start” or “Continue” and your off like Maverick through the danger zone! I can barbeque a steak within the amount of time it takes to load up the garbage before Uncharted 3’s title screen. As for Metroidvania’s I have only played Circle of the Moon which the music was superb and the game was fun but I’m with you about classic Castlevania. Experience points for Castlevania, come on, I am a vampire killer and I don’t need to get stronger to take on Dracula and his crew. I got the skillz, bring the test. Like you said, I like my Metroidvania served with Samus, Castlevania is its own course. Rebirth you say? Well I say, I may but another day. I’m not big into new-retro games. I feel why not just play a real retro? But it is Castlevania, so it is worth consideration. The flame whip had different versions throughout the Castlevania series though it is most dondly remembered in Simon’s Quest. Richter in Rondo of Blood and Dracula X can have a flame whip with no sub weapon and 25 hearts.

To bad about your Toxic Crusader Blob Light. Still an awesome piece of for your retro collection. I just play GameBoy games on my GBA though I would love to have an original Vampire battery sucking GameBoy complete with the box and all original accessories though!

Do definitely get Power Blade someday. I love the box, and I love the few minutes that I have spent with trying it out so far. Opening a new NES game is like an Out of this World experience. Seriously, it like transport tubes you back to the Summer of ’89. Knowing that a game has been sealed for 20 + years and just waiting for you is truly an indescribable A Link to the Past experience.

Well, the Toxic Crusaders called again and looks like they need a driver. Those Radiation Rangers are at it again!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Mk_II

latest retro purchases: Nintendo 64 Super Mario 64, Star Wars - Shadows Of The Empire Super Nintendo boxed console, 2 controllers, r/f adapter, psu, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Super Famicom) NES Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3 Gameboy NHL Hockey 95, Dennis, Soccer, 3 plastic cartridge cases Gameboy Color red console, Disney's The Emperor's New Groove, Tom & Jerry - Mousehunt. Gameboy Advance Lord Of The Rings - The Two Towers (CIB) Supervision Block Buster

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

HandheldGuru97

A silver Neo Geo Pocket Color with Sonic Pocket Adventure, Pacman, and King of Fighters R-2. All for around $35 (which is ultra cheap for one of these puppies).

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

k8sMum

i've got a copy of 'earthbound' on the 'trading games' thread. just a heads up for retro lovers. (please don't smack me, tbd!)

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

Mk_II

latest retro purchases: Sega Master System Shinobi, Dragon Crystal (all CIB) Sega Megadrive F-1 (no manual) Dreamcast Trick Style, NFL Blitz 2000, Red Dog, Star Wars - Ep. 1 Jedi Power Battles (all CIB) Sega Saturn Worldwide Soccer 97 (CIB)

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Ryno

Well Jungle Jump for Joy Waloo, The Jungle Book is one my favorites! That would be awesome if they gave it that magical Lion King 3D touch! Also nice purchase with Sewer Surfin' sea life wearing Michelangelo! Such a great action figure if you ask me. Definitely worthy of the Toy Hall of Fame. Looks like you will be going with your Gutsman gut from now on with these all-important retro purchases? Spend the cash on getting the best classic video games and toys because as they say and Mork and Mindy would agree, "they sure don't make 'em like that anymore!" Na-nu Na-nu!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

KingMike

I imported a CIB copy of Solomon for GBC. If I'm buying retro, gonna buy maximum retro and not playing the American version that had the Monster Rancher franchise slapped on.
I also ordered with it a Kirby Kira Kira Kids (GB) cart (aka Star Stackers, really getting it for a better deal on shipping) and somewhat bad Famicom game called Plasma Ball. (Jaleco, they had good ideas that ended up flawed. This game being some sort of dodgeball/robo-death-battle thing. Would be decent if I didn't feel like I was playing against the Terminator. Very aggressive. It's a struggle just to get a hand (or whatever) on the ball, let alone keep it long enough to be able to line up a shot on him. Well, that one will hit the enemy without it blocking and grabbing it. And maybe if it was possible to reduce or remove characters' special moves, which allow you to directly attack the enemy, kinda removing some of the point.)

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike
i got love for Jaleco, say do you like Shatterhand? i just beat it a few weeks ago. its a great game, im probably going to start Totally Rad this weekend.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Whopper744

Got Super Mario RPG for the VC. Never have actually beat it before, but i plan to this time around. Just got the third star and really enjoying it! Not even much of an RPG fan, usually, except for Paper Mario games.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Ryno

Scored me a copy of this rare NES beast complete with poster. I remember seeing this in Nintendo Power back in the day and saving up for it when I was a kid. Silly me though I sold it. I recommend anyone who has never played this to give it a try. It has this whole reverse gravity mechanic that makes this NES game unique.

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

just ordered a repro game of Holy Diver, and finally all the bugs are fixed!, before all the carts were faulty in certain parts of the game. im the jerk responsible for a few sites taking that game off the order list, but in a good way. ive got in touch with the dudes again, and i can confirm the games are fixed 100%, and its time to rock and roll as Dio!
plays like Castlevania looks like Castlevania.
http://www.thenesdump.com/

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

matx22

Mother 1+2 for the gba, And EarthBound

"Live and let live, Be as you be, Set your life in motion"

ogo79

matx22 wrote:

Mother 1+2 for the gba, And EarthBound

nice...are you hip to this Mother 3 guide?
http://www.fangamer.net/products/m3-handbook
its freakin great

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

i also just bought The NeverEnding Story for my girlfriends little niece, she has to see this movie, shes only 5, what 5 year old should be deprived of a movie like this?

the_shpydar wrote:

asoccerstar43

last weekend I bout super Mario bros/duck hunt and super sprint for NES at sound goes round

asoccerstar43

ogo79

@Waveboy
The NeverEnding Story also had a 3rd movie lol i guess if you never heard of it theres a reason
wait, the movie is called The NeverEnding Story, there should be more sequels than Friday The 13th by now.
ogo presents: The NeverEnding Story part 54: Falcor deals with hemorrhoids
Untitled
ride em cowboy

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Ryno

Waveboy: Crazy how you find out years later that an updated version of a game is released, huh? Sometimes they are for the better made by Dr. Light and other times for the Wiley worst but in the case of adding color for a Gameboy game it is usually for the better. Speaking of Gameboy Color games, ever heard of Ryno (Rhino) Rumble?

Good to hear that you are getting your SNES setup in super shape! Do your NES controller buttons still feel "new"? I don't know what they did with the NES controller but they where made with Mach Rider magic because 20+ years they are still so "clicky."

As for Metalstorm, I got it for $59 shipped. A boxed copy hardly appears, let alone with a copy of the manual and poster insert. As soon as I saw it, I snagged it like I was fishing in *Mabe Village.[/strong] It is one of the games that I vividly remember saving for and buying with my own money and playing for the first time. I thought it was so cool. Yeah, Mac was saying that the HVGN is the reason for the price of the game to Rocketeer. I just watched that video in the past few months which helped me focus and get it together like Voltron and seek out a complete copy at a decent price.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

StarBoy91

Untitled
Recently I imported Parodius Da! -Shinwa kara Owarai e- for the Game Boy from Japan (my third import purchase from eBay after Soukoban for the Game Boy and TwinBee Portable for the PSP), which arrived yesterday; this is the first time I ever played a Parodius game, and I've got to say: it is awesome!! I know that the Game Boy version of the game was also released in Europe, but since it was developed in Japan, I wanted to experience the Japanese version; this is one of the craziest video game experiences I've ever had! Now I see what all the fuss is about; there's much absurdity throughout the game (visuals, enemies, bosses, sound) that it's hilarious! It's nice to choose between the four characters (Vic Viper, Octopus, TwinBee, Pentarou), and for a Game Boy game it's surprisingly challenging; I've made up my mind already, the game is fantastic!

To each their own

KingMike

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled
I already have Wario land II for the GB, but it's the Black & White original GB version which i picked up quite a while ago. I never knew WLII was released for the GBC, otherwise i would of got this instead. I still haven't played my GB copy yet, but this shall be a nice replacementO'! Color makes a world of a difference, but that's a Ninja Gaiden-No brainer!

The GBC version was a launch game for the GBC. I was kinda surprised Nintendo decided to update and re-release it within the same year as the original.
Then I was surprised to find out Pocket Bomberman (another launch game) was actually a mono game in Japan, that was only released in Color for the US and EU. (though many would probably say it doesn't count as a real Bomberman game because it's side-view)

KingMike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic