Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 1,001 to 1,020 of 3,542

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,001. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Well guess what guys? My PS2 is crapping out on me. :(
I only got it a year, maybe a few months, after launch and it's already failing me! I tried playing Twisted Metal 2 on it and it would only play the songs. There was no way I could get it to work. Google didn't help, but when I went back to the store they let me try it on their ps3 and it worked fine. The guy said it may be my PS2. Really sucks since I was so excited to play the game. I just ended up returning it since I won't bother to get my ps2 fixed and traded the game for...
R-type lll.
I'm still saying it's the disc's fault not my system though since my copy of Digimon World 3 doesn't work on my ps2 but it does on my cousin's ps3. Weird and sad turn of events for me. Anyways I tried Super R-type and it's really fun. I've only done easy mode though.

have you tried a lens cleaning disc?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

joevox316

1,002. Posted:

We talkin' cartridges or downloads? On the downloads front, my latest purchase was Bionic Commando from the eShop. Cartridgewise, I think the last two I bought were TMNT Tournament Fighters and...drumroll please...Uniracers! I loved playing that game when my sister let me. She was very protective of her high scores...

My next purchase will likely be a SNES console. Sadly, I think the one we've had for, well, my entire life is finally giving out. If I can't get it repaired, I'll get a new one. Makes me kinda sad though.

I think I might try to terminate my account. I'm not cut out for posting on forums lol

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,003. Posted:

two nice fleamarket finds:

Untitled

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Mr_Trill281

1,004. Posted:

kirby dream land...

Its All About Those 2x Houston Rockets & Those 5x Dallas Cowboys & Those Texas A&M Aggies.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

1,005. Posted:

Mk_II wrote:

Untitled

Turtles in time, nice! B-) Don't forget to scrub off the Flea market poop. :p
Anyways, Super Double D was another SNES title that completely escaped me....How does it rank in comparison to DD and DDII?

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,006. Posted:

How does it rank in comparison to DD and DDII?

i dunno... havent played it yet, only got it this morning and ive got a huge backlog of games i should at least boot up once.
Im usually not that keen on fighter games but you buy what you find and not necessarily what you want at a fleamarket :)

Don't forget to scrub off the Flea market poop

no worries! i always clean all my finds, inside and out, before they are placed in my vaults.

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,007. Posted:

Mk_II wrote:

Untitled

Those two carts were found together?
You could have a compatibility problem. TMNT is Japanese and Super Double Dragon is a PAL cart. :(

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,008. Posted:

TMNT is Japanese and Super Double Dragon is a PAL cart.

you think i didnt notice that? i can read, you know? :)
but dont worry, ive got a converter

AuthorMessage

JGMR

1,009. Posted:

Final Fantasy V, Super Famicom, Japanese import. Almost brand-new (not sealed).

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

MrArcade

1,010. Posted:

Green Gameboy Micro. It's a cool little thing to have.

MrArcade

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,011. Posted:

Mazin Saga: Mutant Fighter for Sega Genesis

UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled
UntitledUntitled

pretty cool overlooked game

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

1,012. Posted:

MrExcite wrote:

Green Gameboy Micro. It's a cool little thing to have.

Cool I got one a year go, it is super cool handheld.

Anyway my latest and greatest handheld purchase is Atari's ill fated handheld the Atari Lynx (model 2) with 4 games.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=300...
I ordered it almost a week ago and it is still not here :(. (I am impatient if you haven't noticed)

Edited on by HandheldGuru97

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems and games!!!!!!!!!!
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97
And my Blog! HandheldBlog

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

NintendoMike

1,013. Posted:

Ahem.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260930109068?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT...

By the way, I saw someone mention Castlevania: Dracula X going for $400 or something. I own a mint/near mint complete copy (North American version). Does that mean I get $400? [Edit: Actually, I just checked the box, and it has some wear on the right edge. So it's not mint. I guess it's very good/good. Manual and cart are near mint though!]

Edited on by NintendoMike

NintendoMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,014. Posted:

@NintendoMike
if yer intrested ill give 100$ for the cart if you can show pics

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,015. Posted:

NintendoMike wrote:

Ahem.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260930109068?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT...

By the way, I saw someone mention Castlevania: Dracula X going for $400 or something. I own a mint/near mint complete copy (North American version). Does that mean I get $400? [Edit: Actually, I just checked the box, and it has some wear on the right edge. So it's not mint. I guess it's very good/good. Manual and cart are near mint though!]

Maybe the PAL version (Vampire's Kiss)? I hear that one's significantly rarer than either of the NTSC versions.

I just order Kunio Collection 1 (complete?) for GBA for $20 and shipping, along with some other games.
I know it probably looks crappy compared to the FC originals, but since this is the one with Street Basket on it, probably can't complain given the price difference. :)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,016. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

Mazin Saga: Mutant Fighter for Sega Genesis

pretty cool overlooked game

I remember hearing it was pretty bad, so I never picked it up. I'll have to see if I can grab it someday.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

NintendoMike

1,017. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

@NintendoMike

Thanks for the offer, but I wasn't looking to sell it. I was just joking around because I can't believe how much it's worth. I paid like $40 for it back in 2001 or so, and I thought that was a lot! I guess it's the most valuable game in my collection though.

NintendoMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

1,018. Posted:

NintendoMike wrote:

oldgamesonly wrote:

@NintendoMike

Thanks for the offer, but I wasn't looking to sell it. I was just joking around because I can't believe how much it's worth. I paid like $40 for it back in 2001 or so, and I thought that was a lot! I guess it's the most valuable game in my collection though.

thats cool, ill just wait until i find that one super sexy copy im looking for. dont ever get rid of valuable games no matter what man.

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,019. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Finally got around to getting Legend of Zelda: Dink's Awakening for the Galactic Gizmo GameBoy, but not the DX version. Who needs color anyways(I do! hehe, but i wasn't willing to pay the extra CosmoCash.) plus that silly & stupid color dungeon just makes the game 10x easier once you reach that smoking hot 8-bit Fairy and you receive either Link's mondo super sizzling dragon Defense, or his most rightous gladiator-fied wielding Swordicus.

Either way, the game basically makes you invincible like Mario gulping down a StarMan soda shake. :p

And....A 1988 California Raisen! WoAoAoAoAoA!!! B-) Oh man, these little toys bring back a lot of memories! Kind of annoys the hell out of me that i got rid of all of my old toys from when i was kid. All of my TMNT, Ghostbusters, He-man, Bucky 'O Hare, GIJOE's ect ect have been turned into Toy-goop and sent off to planet Gorlax....I don't know what that is, but I'll never see those tiny bites of epic figurine nostalgia ever again. Kind of makes me wish my parents would of just taken them and locked them up in storage. :p

But meh, i can just buy them on eBay, which i've been doing as of late. :p Those He-Man figurines aren't cheap I'll tell you that. eek! And here's a little California Raisen Breakfast cereal raisin-Retro commercial goodness for ya! Damn I love Claymation...Especially when Pee Wee opens up his fridge in Peewee's playhouse haha.. :D

Have you ever completed Links Awakening? I finally did this year. When I first had it on the GameBoy I don’t think I got past the dog food part of the trading sequence! I was royal Grade A stinker like Verminous Skumm from Captain Planet when it came to video games when I was a kid. :P Maybe that explains part of my desire to go back and play all these retro games?

Yeah I hear you about claymation, as for California Raisins did you know about this?

Untitled

Guess you can get a copy of the unreleased protype for $50.00.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

1,020. Posted:

Oh man, that's insane! :o :p I thought you actually just purchased it CIB fresh in the packaging to show my little Cali Raisin toy up haha. And I actually just checked out some vid's online and although that's some of the most killer NES BoxArt around, the actual game on the other hand looks like cheap hammy NES crap which is suprising considering this is Capcom. lol And yup, I ended up finishing Link's Awakening DX on the 3DS's VC i think back in Aug. B-) Great game, but dieing was never a problem or having any real consequences which was my only pet peeve with the game.

Anyways! Nowadays I HAVE to finish what i started, that's if i'm actually enjoying the game of course. In my modern gaming collection based on what I've played i still need to finish Kirby's Return to Dreamland which I'm actually restarting and Professor Layton and the curious village for the DS. And as awesome as Layton is, it's just too bloody time consuming(for me at least) because many of the puzzles are Layton-fied 'Standard and beyond' brain melting mathematical problems shrink wrapped in quirky Layton style. I'm sure i'll get back to that one some day. :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!