Forums

Topic: Your Favorite Atari 7800 Game?

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

Turbo_Genesis_64

The Atari 7800 is one of those great sytems that was handed a tragic fate. It was released 2 years late. Its game library never got a running start. And it was hammered by Nintendo from every direction. However, I still have found memories of this underdog system.

So, what's your favorite 7800 game?

I think mine would be their arcade port of Food Fight. A great, addictive game that never bores me!

EXPERIENCE MORE.... Arcade-quality graphics, awesome sound, "turbo-charged" game play, exciting TurboChip games... It's the incredible Turbo Genesis 64 Entertainment SuperSystem Experience. There's more fun, more challenge, and more excitment ready for you today!

Blue_Protoman

Missing in Action prototype.

Two words: Chuck Norris.

Brawl: 4468-0656-5286 (Jesse)

StarBoy91

None. Never played on the 7800, or the 5200, but I have played Food Fight from MAME32, and I thought it to be a great game. Eat pies, evil healthy cooks! [grins]

To each their own

Turbo_Genesis_64

Thanks for the comments guys!

I really like Commando for the 7800. also. It blows away the NES version.

EXPERIENCE MORE.... Arcade-quality graphics, awesome sound, "turbo-charged" game play, exciting TurboChip games... It's the incredible Turbo Genesis 64 Entertainment SuperSystem Experience. There's more fun, more challenge, and more excitment ready for you today!

Turbo_Genesis_64

You have to give Atari credit for all the weird games they have made like Ninja Golf!

Slapshot

Commando and the game that came with the system I had, cant remeber the name of it but it was a racing game. My mom chunked mine in the garbage when I was in college. It was a very sad day.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Turbo_Genesis_64

@slapshot82

Pole Position 2!

Edited on by Turbo_Genesis_64

castlehominid99

I don't like any games that can't save unless they are really fun like super mario bros.

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

Turbo_Genesis_64

Serious?

Plenty of great games don't have a save feature because your are lucky if last 5 to 10 minutes in the game! Trust me, the 7800 had many fun games worth playing.

Blue_Protoman

castlehominid99 wrote:

I don't like any games that can't save unless they are really fun like super mario bros.

The Contra, Megaman, and most of the Gradius series called to say hi.

Brawl: 4468-0656-5286 (Jesse)

Turbo_Genesis_64

Blue+Protoman wrote:

castlehominid99 wrote:

The Contra, Megaman, and most of the Gradius series called to say hi.

This is what happens when arcades practically go extinct! Gamers want games that cater to them.

7th_lutz

This is a tough one. I own Atari 7800 game cartridges that most of the the people on this board never played like Beef Drop.

It is between Ball Blazer, food Fight, Commando, and Beef Drop for me.

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

7th_lutz

The Atari 7800 will be getting a rpg with a save feature, But I don't see it coming out until 2010 or 2011 at least. The programmer wants to program a couple more Atari 7800 games and release them on cartridge before starting on it including Apple Sniffle.

The programmer is a hobbyist. Apple Snaffle is a boulder Dash clone that you collect Apples instead of diamonds by digging a tunnel and has a password feature.

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

7th_lutz

The Atari 7800 right now is even better than it was back it was officially supported by Atari and is a good time to be a Atari 7800 owner.

Beef Drop is an arcade port of Burgertime with more modes. Other new games with cartridges have been released since 2005.

7th_lutz

Turbo_Genesis_64

Thanks, Lutz!

I hear Space Duel is awesome for the 7800.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.