Forums

Topic: Your Favorite 007 Game

Posts 1 to 20 of 26

grenworthshero

Lately I've been playing Everything or Nothing for GCN again, and it's made me think about other games in the 007 franchise. Of course Goldeneye for N64 is the best-known, but I might even like Everything or Nothing better than Goldeneye, as I'm not a huge fan of FPS games. Everything or Nothing is a lot like MGS, which is a good thing, and you can't really survive long just by running around shooting like crazy; the emphasis is on stealth, hand-to-hand combat, and conserving ammo, which is much more realistic, and rewarding. Also, there are a lot of different types of missions, rather than just limiting you to a third-person shooter, and this makes everything seem more like a Bond movie than a game, which was the developers' goal.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

brooks83

To be honest Goldeneye is the only Bond game I have played. I've heard that Quantum of Solace is pretty good though.

brooks83

mecoy

halo3 .........there is a number with 007 as their number

mecoy

Splat

brooks83 wrote:

To be honest Goldeneye is the only Bond game I have played.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

RandomWiiPlayer

grenworthshero wrote:

Lately I've been playing Everything or Nothing for GCN again, and it's made me think about other games in the 007 franchise. Of course Goldeneye for N64 is the best-known, but I might even like Everything or Nothing better than Goldeneye, as I'm not a huge fan of FPS games. Everything or Nothing is a lot like MGS, which is a good thing, and you can't really survive long just by running around shooting like crazy; the emphasis is on stealth, hand-to-hand combat, and conserving ammo, which is much more realistic, and rewarding. Also, there are a lot of different types of missions, rather than just limiting you to a third-person shooter, and this makes everything seem more like a Bond movie than a game, which was the developers' goal.

I have the PS2 version. I'm terrible at it. Really, really terrible.

I choose Nightfire. I've gotten hours and hours of multiplayer fun with it.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

grenworthshero

I forgot about Quantum of Solace. I haven't played that one yet. It looks like it's along the lines of Everything or Nothing, though.

Xkhaoz

I have AUF. I love it. My brother used to have From Russia With Love, but he lost it and I didn't get to play it. I also rented EON a few times and it was fun.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Punny

GoldenEye 007 on N64, of course!

I'm back (for the moment)!

Noire

Perfect Dark 007

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

the_shpydar

GoldenEye was the only one i ever really liked, but Everything or Nothing was also decent of those i've played.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

J_K

Goldeneye and the From Russia With Love game with Connery was acceptable too. Messed with the others on n64 and a couple the gen after and they ranged from sub-average to sucks.

My Stuff - http://members.cox.net/tanookisuit/gameinventory.html
The Gamer Theory Forums - http://forums.gamertheory.com/

ItsFuzzyPickles

Most people are probably going to say Goldeneye 007 and I agree. Nightfire is good as well, thought.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

grenworthshero

J.K. wrote:

Goldeneye and the From Russia With Love game with Connery was acceptable too. Messed with the others on n64 and a couple the gen after and they ranged from sub-average to sucks.

Yeah, I remember The World is Not Enough wasn't that great, and Tomorrow Never Dies was just terrible. They got better in the next generation, though. Maybe because they started departing from making games based on films. I think most people tend to like both Agent Under Fire and Nightfire, and Everything or Nothing got good reviews, but it's often overlooked. I haven't played From Russia With Love, and I think that is the one game of last gen that didn't do very well.

Tasuki

I have only played 2 Bond games and of course one was GoldenEye on N64. I also played another one on N64 but it was maybe by EA but the game play was very similar to GoldenEye. I want to say it was The World is Not Enough. It was ok but it was like a watered down version of GoldenEye.

So with that said I would have to say GoldenEye was my favorite.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

J_K

I don't think From Russia With Love sold huge either, but it was a 1960s throwback so if you weren't a fan of Connery or the movie you'd find some reason to ignore it on purpose. When it came down to the game though, the controls worked fine, levels were pretty fun, and it lacked those horrid scale the wall, drive the wonky car, and other hairbrained junk that made much of anything after Goldeneye entirely grating and sucktastic.

My Stuff - http://members.cox.net/tanookisuit/gameinventory.html
The Gamer Theory Forums - http://forums.gamertheory.com/

SuperToad

Goldeneye 007 and The World is Not Enough, both from the N64.

SuperToad

DAaaMan64

Well Goldeneye, but Nightfire is pretty fun too.

<a>http://www.futurapedia.com</a> -- My famous Wiki of the Future :)

Jani-Koblaney

Golden Eye for Wii! (I have a time machine, as you all know!)

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.