Forums

Topic: Why no GameCube review for Twilight Princess?

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

SuperMarioFan1995

Since the Wii one has already been reviewed, then this version really needs one, too.

Best thread ever.
Currently Playing:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Paper Mario (VC), Zelda: Majora's Mask (VC)

irken004

Isn't it almost completely identical other than the controls and the mirrored viewpoint?

Chucko

It`s essentially the same game just mirrored and with different controls. I assume the gamecube controller is much better since that was the original control scheme. The wii controls are good, but feel slapped on. I`m not aware of any other differences, though.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, would you kindly?

Sean_Aaron

Someone on staff would need to own it and want to review it, so if it's not been done, that's the reason why!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

theblackdragon

it's the same game, though, just with a different control scheme and with everything horizontally flipped. if someone has thoughts on how the GC controls handle, they're more than welcome to post them in a comment to the Wii review, but doing an entirely different review for the same game is overkill IMO :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Aviator

Sean+Aaron wrote:

Someone on staff would need to own it and want to review it, so if it's not been done, that's the reason why!

And play through it again.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Sean007s

Its the exact same thing......lmao

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Aviator

No its not.

Everything is mirrored.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

SpentAllMyTokens

I've played them both and the two things mentioned are the only real differences (unless the Wii supports widescreen, I don't know, because I've never tried). The controls are the same as every other 3d Zelda, pretty much, so they work just fine. The graphics are a little sharper on the Wii too, but not really by much (could be more noticeable with component cables, which I don't have).

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

Sean_Aaron

The Wii version does indeed support widescreen - I'm a bit surprised the Gamecube one doesn't!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

sykotek

@Nintendogames1000:
Gamecube review:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Incidentally, it still scored an 8. =D

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

jangonov

@sykotech great review!

Wii : 5234 3442 0233 5325
3DS: 2664-2106-1671
I have A LOT of games, if you want to play something, just email me jangonov&#...

99er

@sykotek, that was good, spot on!

In all sincerity I found the GameCube version of the game to be more enjoyable, mainly because of the control style. I find some Wii titles would benefit more from GameCube controller support, if not Classic Controller support, but that's just my opinion.

99er

Rensch

I waited until I bought a Wii because I wanted the motion controls.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Angelic_Lapras_King

Isnt Link's sword in the other hand in the GC game?

Angelic_Lapras_King

theblackdragon

@ALK: Link has always been left-handed, up to and including the GC version of TP. however, they had to make him right-handed in the Wii version so that people playing the game would be able to see him fight the same way most people will hold the nunchuk + wiimote (though you can certainly hold the nunchuk in your right hand instead, most gamers grew up moving with the left hand and buttoning with their right and i know the left-handed ones i've played with IRL continue to do so, at least) and it would look natural. that's why the map and landscape in the Wii version is flipped horizontally compared to the GC version -- they already had Link's motions and all the graphics programmed while they were working on porting it to the Wii, and it was easier for them to just flip the entire game. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

kevohki

GC review of Twilight Princess = "exactly the same but with better controls."

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

SuperMarioFan1995

Let me guess... The GC port would probably get a nine because of better controls and the mirrored hub world (obviously). So I'm expecting this one will get a 9. (Or still at 8.)

Best thread ever.
Currently Playing:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Paper Mario (VC), Zelda: Majora's Mask (VC)

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.