Forums

Topic: whose adventure's aged better mario or sonic

Posts 41 to 46 of 46

SpentAllMyTokens

Sonic for me, though it's partly because of nostalgia. Played them to death as a kid, and will still pick up my genesis and play them. Sonic 1, 2, 3, Sonic and Knuckles, and Sonic CD are just pure fun. I like Mario, but it's just not the same as my love for Sonic the Hedgehog. There's not as much "stuff" in Sonic games like power ups or secret exits, but I always loved how the special stages for chaos emeralds always brought in a completely new play mechanic and spiced things up a lot.

Neither have aged badly, and either are very great reasons for the VC's existence to experience the one you missed out on.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

luigiman2

Mario is my favorite.

Enjoy the CHEESE of life.

jayo

The Sonic Genesis games were good, but the later ones were hit or miss. For this sort of thing, one must consider:
-Sonic's creators seemed to want to take a break from him at the worst possible moment.
-The political issues within Sega in the mid-90's, and especially the resulting cancellation of Sonic Xtreme.
-Success(or lack thereof) of more recent games like the 2006 Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Unleashed.

By contrast, Nintendo has been much more stable, and they never rushed anything. When it came to the big Mario adventures, Nintendo never disappointed us! So for the most part, Mario's adventures aged better.

jayo

IlikeVideoGames

I grew up in those days and respectively played both franchises a lot. Back then I hated Sonic games even though I played them at my cousins a lot on his Genesis. I liked the Mario games better back then. And honestly even though I now like those Genesis Sonic games quite a bit, I still feel Mario aged better. But that is all a matter of opinion and both franchises were in high notes back then.

IlikeVideoGames

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Mario games 100% for me. Sonic games just never interested me back in the day.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.