Showing 1 to 20 of 46
1. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 20:24 GMT
I use them when
1) I can't figure out what I need to do to progress and have been trying everything I can think of for hours
2) I don't know how to defeat a miniboss or boss, have tried several times with no luck, and need help strategizing
3) I want to know how to access secrets
Edited on Tue 4th December, 2012 @ 20:25 by The_Ink_Pit_Ox
Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373
2. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 20:27 GMT
Never, the closest I've come to that is asking TBD how to beat xenoblade bosses because she pwns them all.
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u
3. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 20:36 GMT
I only use them when I am absolutely stumped. A few examples are the original zelda, zelda 2, etc.. But mostly I just screw around until I figure something out..
Edited on Tue 4th December, 2012 @ 20:37 by WildMan
3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852
4. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 20:43 GMT
Walkthroughs are my last resort when all hope is lost. But I never ever ever ever EVER have used a walkthrough to help me out in a puzzle game, its a rule of mine to never accept help in puzzle games.
But when I'm done with a game, I do like to look at walkthroughs for any possible secrets and easter eggs I may have missed. But only when I'm done so no spoilers.
Edited on Wed 5th December, 2012 @ 00:11 by MrWalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299
Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!
5. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 20:51 GMT
Lots of censorship here...
Dragon friend safari
Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1
6. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 20:52 GMT
...unless it's Mega Man.
Edited on Tue 4th December, 2012 @ 20:52 by Lan
7. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 21:12 GMT
When I'm helplessly stuck. So, in other words, a lot.
Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE
8. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 21:20 GMT
i give it about an hour of trying to get past a certain point in every way I can imagine. once I have exhausted all possibilities I can think of, I will consult a walkthrough.
3DS Friend Code: 1118-0222-0938Playing 3DS games: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Resident Evil: Revelations, Dillon's Rolling Western, Pushmo, FreakyForms
9. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 21:28 GMT
i use them to cheat all time...
Its All About Those 2x Houston Rockets & Those 5x Dallas Cowboys & Those Texas A&M Aggies.
10. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 21:41 GMT
I only use walkthroughs to get information if I've been stuck on something for a long time and it's gotten to the point where I'm not enjoying it anymore - pretty logical since that's the point in me playing in the first place.
I make Pixel Art on occasion.
3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215
11. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 21:50 GMT
1. To find valuable "missables" in games so I don't need to restart if I want 100% completion.
2. To determine drop/carve rates and other statistics not normally viewable in games like Monster Hunter.
3. To find out what enemies are weak/strong against what in some games when I can't remember but have done that part before.
4. To see what strategies the guy who wrote the walkthrough used to beat the boss after I've beaten it myself.
I use them all the time. I don't usually need to use them because I'm stuck, however.
12. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 22:05 GMT
Edited on Tue 4th December, 2012 @ 23:30 by Wonder_Ideal
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero
13. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 22:11 GMT
I'm hopelessly stuck on La Mulana, but I refuse to use a guide. I think I'll go insane if I'm on it for another two hours trying to progress.
Otherwise, I've never really needed a walkthrough. Skyward Sword had me stumped, bu the solution was quite simple in the end.
Edited on Tue 4th December, 2012 @ 22:12 by edhe
Follow a cow?
You cannot #StopGamerGate
3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84
14. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 22:20 GMT
Only time was when I got FF VII, I played through the whole game using the guide and it was still the most amazing game I ever played.
15. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 23:19 GMT
I rarely use guides unless I hear about cool content, etc. that I've failed at finding myself; like in Majora's Mask with all the extra side masks to get the deity mask. You need to be at certain places at certain times/specific time frames of the day; I'd have gone nuts if I had to find them all myself.
Edited on Tue 4th December, 2012 @ 23:21 by Lalivero
...formerly - Chriiis
Nintendo Network ID: Lalivero
16. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 23:37 GMT
@Chriis that's literally what the bomber's notebook does.
17. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 23:46 GMT
When I wanna beat a game like a boss, and fast
3DS FC: Otaku1
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }
18. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 23:50 GMT
Only when I am really stuck. After I continue I won't use it again unless I am stumped later on. I take a lot of pride when I can beat a game without using a guide.
I also check them when I have beaten a game or a level, to get to know about secret things.
I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.
19. Posted: Wed 5th Dec 2012 00:00 GMT
Number 1 is wrong.
You should have written '1) After I create a topic on NintendoLife and get told by everyone to look at a walkthrough because we are not gamefaqs'.
In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
20. Posted: Wed 5th Dec 2012 00:02 GMT
If I've been stuck for more than 1/2 an hour on something really stupid. E.g. in Demons Souls near the start of the game when you have to find someone called "The Monumental" and they zoom into a giant statue. I think that's The Monumental, try for half an hour to talk to it, give up, go on the Internet and see the Monumental is some kid who blends into the background PERFECTLY.
And if watched Lets Plays of games which I haven't played yet but later played, and happen to remember certain things.
Also, I almost always use one on my second run of a Pokemon game to see what Pokemon are available where.
Edited on Wed 5th December, 2012 @ 00:03 by Bulbousaur
3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur