Retro Forum

Topic: What's your favorite Nintendo system?

Showing 281 to 300 of 339

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

281. Posted:

mega wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Here are a few examples where the NES imo beats out the SNES.

Super Mario Bros 2(most will say 3) > World
Contra > Contra III: The Alien Wars (III was dissapointing...Contra 1 is CLASSIC.)
Mega Man 2(take a pick from 1-6) > Mega Man X or 7(X was great, but 2 was just amazing)
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! > Super Punch-out!! (Not even close...)
Donkey Kong > Donkey Kong Country (Was never a fan, fantastic & unique graphics aside...)

SNES clearly wins though with Zelda ALTTP, Super Metroid and Super Casltevania IV(C and CIII were still pretty darn awesome) I'm also one of the few who had a better time with TMNT II: The Arcade game(ESPECIALLY The 'actual' arcade version)over TMNT IV: Turtles in Time.

Eh... I see your point about the games being more preferred on NES most of the time. But another thing that would make the SNES better then the NES is the games. ( Not the sequels. The games ) What I mean is, games like StreetFighter 2, Mortal Komat, ect. Also can't forget the SNES's great RPG's. ;)

Fixed that for you. :3

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

282. Posted:

Not sure if I posted here yet but um...

SNES

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Pikpikp

283. Posted:

Gamecube easily, It was my first video game system and through it I discovered amazing games like Super Mario Sunshine and the Wind Waker.

Dazzling, dizzying, doldrums defying!

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage

Ryno

284. Posted:

If I were to keep only one console it would be the SNES. The library is truly amazing and no system has a better one.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

KAHN

285. Posted:

SNES was what my great-great-great grandkids started on. i started on odyssey. SNES had a great library, but now that i've got the good 16 titles that i liked on it, i'll be rooting for gamecube on this one. a lot of people say it was a disappointment, but those people can eat a lemon. GC was where i first started having to see a doctor because i'd been playing it so long (and i'm talking about day-night play times). love that beast.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

Megajack

286. Posted:

@Happy_Mask Haha... XP

Applejack is best pony.

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

AuthorMessage

Megajack

287. Posted:

Master_Ryno wrote:

If I were to keep only one console it would be the SNES. The library is truly amazing and no system has a better one.

YEAH!!!--

I agree. ;) No system has ever had a better one... ( Besides maybe PS2. I love that game library. :) )

Applejack is best pony.

AuthorMessage

Mr-Metroid

288. Posted:

The PS2 game libray was bad IMO. It was big but bad. Quality over quantity. ;) @mega

Who has two thumbs and loves hot springs?
Everyone with two thumbs!

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

289. Posted:

My, how times have changed.

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Golden Sun, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Pokemon HeartGold Version, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, and Super Mario Advance.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Megajack

290. Posted:

@Electricmastro Sadly they have. :( I wish it was still all about SNES and Genesis. ;(

Applejack is best pony.

AuthorMessage

HaastMK7

291. Posted:

I Love the Wii but my favourite console would have to be the DS3 :D... 3DS

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

AuthorMessage

Megajack

292. Posted:

Yeah, the 3DS is good too. :) Probably the best " this generation " console. @CosmicMii

Applejack is best pony.

AuthorMessage

JGMR

293. Posted:

The Super Famicom of course!

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Megajack

294. Posted:

NinetiesGamer wrote:

The Super Famicom of course!

But thats in Japanese! :O Can you read japanese!?

Applejack is best pony.

AuthorMessage

Mr-Metroid

295. Posted:

Coming back here to see how many people are now putting Wii U up as there favorite system.... Or that new Wii mini. :p JK

Who has two thumbs and loves hot springs?
Everyone with two thumbs!

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

296. Posted:

mega wrote:

@Electricmastro Sadly they have. :( I wish it was still all about SNES and Genesis. ;(

It's too bad we never saw Nintendo's NEXT 2D 'Sprite based' 32/64 bit platformer. the 16 bit to 32 bit Sprite based transition
happened ONLY on the PS1(saturn counts too i guess) The N64 was basically 3D graphics only.....Talk about variety. yawn*

We saw the big 16-32 bit SpriteLeap on the PS1 with titles such as Rayman(most impressive imo!), Mega Man 8, Mega Man X4-X6, Tomba! Street Fighter Alpha series, Darkstalkers ect ect. I'm so glad i owned both consoles during that generation, because just owning the N64 would of been heavily dissapointing....I couldn't stand the system outside most of the Nintendo exclusives....Even then at that point, i would of rather just stuck with the NES + SNES.

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

297. Posted:

Wii U is starting to become my favorite console :) (sorry SNES and Gamecube)

3DS is my favorite handheld now :)

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Megajack

298. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

mega wrote:

It's too bad we never saw Nintendo's NEXT 2D 'Sprite based' 32/64 bit platformer. the 16 bit to 32 bit Sprite based transition
happened ONLY on the PS1(saturn counts too i guess) The N64 was basically 3D graphics only.....Talk about variety. yawn*

We saw the big 16-32 bit SpriteLeap on the PS1 with titles such as Rayman(most impressive imo!), Mega Man 8, Mega Man X4-X6, Tomba! Street Fighter Alpha series, Darkstalkers ect ect. I'm so glad i owned both consoles during that generation, because just owning the N64 would of been heavily dissapointing....I couldn't stand the system outside most of the Nintendo exclusives....Even then at that point, i would of rather just stuck with the NES + SNES.

Well... your half right. Nintendo never made a home console that was 32 bit. But they did have a 32 bit system. The Game Boy Advance. But what I find funny is the graphics on GBA don't look any better then on SNES. But the music on GBA? Oh yes. :D The music on GBA is outstanding. ;)

Applejack is best pony.

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

299. Posted:

I'm pretty sure the GBA was 16 bit. :pThe DS you could say was their 32 bit console and it makes sense considering the graphics look simular or kind of close to what the PS1 and N64 churned out. Either way, we never got a 32/64 bit sprite based 2D Mario...Nintendo needs to take a break from the 3D and return to sprite or animated form with their next Mario or Zelda, or I'll be one PO'd Brewster!

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

300. Posted:

mega wrote:

[

Well... your half right. Nintendo never made a home console that was 32 bit. But they did have a 32 bit system. The Game Boy Advance. But what I find funny is the graphics on GBA don't look any better then on SNES. But the music on GBA? Oh yes. :D The music on GBA is outstanding. ;)

The SNES has the best music! :P Super Metroid, Super Castlevania IV, Secret of Mana, A Link to the Past... I could go on and on about superb soundtracks of the SNES.

WaveBoy wrote:

I'm pretty sure the GBA was 16 bit. :pThe DS you could say was their 32 bit console and it makes sense considering the graphics look simular or kind of close to what the PS1 and N64 churned out. Either way, we never got a 32/64 bit sprite based 2D Mario...Nintendo needs to take a break from the 3D and return to sprite or animated form with their next Mario or Zelda, or I'll be one PO'd Brewster!

Or a sprite Metroid!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo