Retro Forum

Topic: What's your favorite Nintendo system?

Showing 261 to 280 of 339

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

261. Posted:

Personally I like the Wii the best and not only because you can download most of the classics from earlier consoles on the VC and because of it's Gamecube compatibility, but I love the first-party support and the few third-party games that did come were fantastic as well.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

stephbm6

262. Posted:

SNES is the best.

Friend Code 1332-8995-0796

AuthorMessage

Megajack

263. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

mega wrote:

@Brando67854321 I think Nintendo should have just made a regular controller like the GCN and made it a powerful system like Xbox360 and PS3. :( The motion controls sucked anyways. But still, the crappy motion controls get made up for with SSBB. :)

Nintendo made the motion control move to stay competitive. The N64, while it survived, wasnt a huge sales success and the GCN was also not much of a sales success as it was being trumped by the Xbox and PS2 in sales. Going motion control was the right move for Nintendo's business. It gave them something to differ themselves from Sony and Microsoft and that exactly what they needed. If Nintendo hadnt made the motion control move, keep in mind it was also a huge gamble at the time, we might had been looking at a much different Nintendo today.

Yeah... That's true. ^^ I see what you mean and now agree. Glad they used motion controls. :D

Applejack is best pony.

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

264. Posted:

If the Wii didn't utlize motion controls and remained another Stale traditional console with the typical leap in Goopy graphical power i probably wouldn't of cared too much for it(I even grew tired of the Gamecube during the middle of it's run) But as is the Wii is one of my favorite Nintendo Consoles period due to the innovative and amazing control scheme. It has breathed new life into the industry for the better and has made so many genre's MILES more enjoyable to play and then some. :D And let's not forget the VC. I'm discovering games i completely missed out on during my NES'n and SNES'n Retro pee wee days. Such as the Castlevania franchise, StarTropics, Double Dragon II ect ect.

Nes > Wii+SNES ;)

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

MrArcade

265. Posted:

Definitely the Gamecube:
Super Mario Sunshine
Luigis Mansion
DK Jungle Beat
Zelda Wind Waker
Metroid Prime 1 / 2
Pikmin
Super Monkey Ball 1 / 2
Sonic Heroes
F-Zero GX

MrArcade

AuthorMessage

Megajack

266. Posted:

WaveWitch wrote:

Nes > Wii+SNES

Nope. ;) SNES is better even without the Wii. SNES games are NES games but super versions.
By the way, nice new name WaveMan. :D

Applejack is best pony.

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

267. Posted:

I really, really, REALLY enjoyed the demo of the Wii U at New York Comic-Con. I think I might actually say that as my favorite! :)

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

Megajack

268. Posted:

:O LUCKY! I want to play a Wii U! How heavy was the controller? -@MrWalkieTalkie

Applejack is best pony.

AuthorMessage

Brando67854321

269. Posted:

mega wrote:

Glad they used motion controls.

No you aren't! :P to me personally wii was a huge disappointment. The gamecube was better than the wii & you know what? The gamecube was trash too!:P

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage

Megajack

270. Posted:

None are trash. But as WaveMan said, Nintendo had to do something different with the Wii. And the GameCube is not trash. :p @Brando67854321

Applejack is best pony.

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

271. Posted:

mega wrote:

:O LUCKY! I want to play a Wii U! How heavy was the controller? -@MrWalkieTalkie

The controller was very light but felt strong and well made. I like that because I saw at Comic-Con even little kids can hold the gamepad with ease and have fun, and adults can play too without breaking it because of how strong it felt.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

272. Posted:

Overall still the SNES but currently i cannot put my 3DS down so i would say best handheld 3ds best console snes

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

Megajack

273. Posted:

@MrWalkieTalkie Oh that's good. :)Thanks for responding.

Applejack is best pony.

AuthorMessage

Megajack

274. Posted:

PinkSpider wrote:

Overall still the SNES but currently i cannot put my 3DS down so i would say best handheld 3ds best console snes

I sort of agree but I'm not sure if I like the 3DS or GBA more... :|

Applejack is best pony.

AuthorMessage

Varia01

275. Posted:

The gamecube. Comfortable controller, excellent games, superior graphics, best console ever. I don't understand whey some people say if failed. I would have said Wii if the only interesting titles were the ones developed and/or published by Nintendo, along with very few great third-party developed titles. The gamecube had a larger amount of those.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

Varia01

276. Posted:

I meant if the if it the Wii had more (as in number of titles) interesting titles.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

Megajack

277. Posted:

Yeah, I see whatcha mean. :) @Varia

Applejack is best pony.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

278. Posted:

mega wrote:

WaveWitch wrote:

Nes > Wii+SNES

Nope. ;) SNES is better even without the Wii. SNES games are NES games but super versions.
By the way, nice new name WaveMan. :D

The snes was amazing and all(During it's earlier years especially) but the NES came out during an era that i absolutely loved, and the games just seemed more magical and had a larger impact on me. it was fresh to the industry and it was the birth of many franchises that people hold dear to their heart. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mega man, Castlevania, Double Dragon, Punch-Out!!, Kid Icarus, Contra ect ect.

Here are a few examples where the NES imo beats out the SNES. B-)

Super Mario Bros 2(most will say 3) > World
Contra > Contra III: The Alien Wars (III was dissapointing...Contra 1 is CLASSIC.)
Mega Man 2(take a pick from 1-6) > Mega Man X or 7(X was great, but 2 was just amazing)
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! > Super Punch-out!! (Not even close...)
Donkey Kong > Donkey Kong Country (Was never a fan, fantastic & unique graphics aside...)

SNES clearly wins though with Zelda ALTTP, Super Metroid and Super Casltevania IV(C and CIII were still pretty darn awesome) I'm also one of the few who had a better time with TMNT II: The Arcade game(ESPECIALLY The 'actual' arcade version)over TMNT IV: Turtles in Time. :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

rayword45

279. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

No you aren't! :P to me personally wii was a huge disappointment. The gamecube was better than the wii & you know what? The gamecube was trash too!:P

Do you have any positive comments towards Nintendo (or other companies like Sega)? All I see in your comments list is hate.

And 3DS > GBA > DSi > DS Lite > Wii > N64 > GCN. I consider SNES and NES to be completely different for some reason.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Megajack

280. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Here are a few examples where the NES imo beats out the SNES.

Super Mario Bros 2(most will say 3) > World
Contra > Contra III: The Alien Wars (III was dissapointing...Contra 1 is CLASSIC.)
Mega Man 2(take a pick from 1-6) > Mega Man X or 7(X was great, but 2 was just amazing)
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! > Super Punch-out!! (Not even close...)
Donkey Kong > Donkey Kong Country (Was never a fan, fantastic & unique graphics aside...)

SNES clearly wins though with Zelda ALTTP, Super Metroid and Super Casltevania IV(C and CIII were still pretty darn awesome) I'm also one of the few who had a better time with TMNT II: The Arcade game(ESPECIALLY The 'actual' arcade version)over TMNT IV: Turtles in Time.

Eh... I see your point about the games being more preferred on NES most of the time. But another thing that would make the SNES better then the NES is the games. ( Not the sequels. The games ) What I mean is, games like StreetFighter 2, Mortal Komat, ect. Also can't forget the SNES's great RPG's. ;)

Applejack is best pony.