Retro Forum

Topic: What's your favorite 3-D Zelda?

Showing 41 to 52 of 52

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

41. Posted:

hylianhalcyon wrote:

OoT, then TP, WW, and MM. I don't consider PH to be a true 3D zelda game because it is played from a top down view, just like the 2D zelda games.

Did you forget the sailing part?
You knoiw where you look at the 3-D ocean environment, islands, and sea creatures.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

42. Posted:

Ocarina of Time- revolutionized the series, bringing many modern expectations for the series
Majora's Mask- absolutely frustrating. However, I do have the player's guide, so I might give it another shot.
Wind Waker- as I said before, a cheap rehash of OOT with a few improvements here and there, and the graphics suck.
Twilight Princess- it's a cool game, but gets old after awhile. The graphics are amazing, and it was just what Nintendo needed to save the series after the last three games sold poorly.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

43. Posted:

StarFox wrote:

Wind Waker- as I said before, a cheap rehash of OOT with a few improvements here and there, and the graphics suck.

Riight.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

apocalypse217

44. Posted:

I do not think I have a favorite. I liked WindWaker except for the sailing. I love Twilight Princess's art style and gameplay. I just got Ocarina of Time on the VC and just started playing it. I think there all great in some way shape or form.

apocalypse217

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

45. Posted:

StarFox wrote:

Ocarina of Time- revolutionized the series, bringing many modern expectations for the series
Majora's Mask- absolutely frustrating. However, I do have the player's guide, so I might give it another shot.
Wind Waker- as I said before, a cheap rehash of OOT with a few improvements here and there, and the graphics suck.
Twilight Princess- it's a cool game, but gets old after awhile. The graphics are amazing, and it was just what Nintendo needed to save the series after the last three games sold poorly.

Ocarina of Time sold poorly? What dimension are you from? Twilight Princess was a disappointment in sales according to Nintendo's top brass, so it certainly saved nothing. Ocarina is practically worshiped. It sold well.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

hylianhalcyon

46. Posted:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

hylianhalcyon wrote:

OoT, then TP, WW, and MM. I don't consider PH to be a true 3D zelda game because it is played from a top down view, just like the 2D zelda games.

Did you forget the sailing part?
You knoiw where you look at the 3-D ocean environment, islands, and sea creatures.

No I didn't forget that. Sonic Rush Adventure is 3D during the times you go to an island, just like in PH, yet its not a 3D sonic game by any means. What Adam said earlier is what I meant by me not considering it a true 3D zelda game. Yeah the graphics are 3D, which is why I understand people calling it a 3D zelda game. But it doesn't have that third axis of view like in the other 3D zeldas.

Edited on by hylianhalcyon

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ricardo91

47. Posted:

hylianhalcyon wrote:

[No I didn't forget that. Sonic Rush Adventure is 3D during the times you go to an island, just like in PH, yet its not a 3D sonic game by any means. What Adam said earlier is what I meant by me not considering it a true 3D zelda game. Yeah the graphics are 3D, which is why I understand people calling it a 3D zelda game. But it doesn't have that third axis of view like in the other 3D zeldas.

Yay! I'm not the only one who considers PH to not be a real 3D Zelda! PH cannot be considered a true 3D Zelda cuz it's action does not occur on a 3D axis, like you said. It's more 2.5D. Calling PH 3D is like calling New Super Mario Bros. 3D.

Oh, and Chrono Cross, just because a game has 3D segments in it doesn't make the whole game 3D. :rolleyes:

Edited on by Ricardo91

Just Because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!- Homer Simpson
Nintendolife Chat. I'm never in it, but it's good to ptomote these things.
VC-Forums. We're desperate. Please join.
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Turbo_Genesis_64

48. Posted:

Ocarina of Time is overall the BEST Zelda, but I think Twilight Princess has argrubly better Dungeons and Boss battles, plus wasn't the Cave or Ordeals just like most intense Zelda expirence ever?

MM always bothered me how all the town folk were generically the same as in OoT. And WW had its moments, but I lost attention on it pretty fast.

EXPERIENCE MORE.... Arcade-quality graphics, awesome sound, "turbo-charged" game play, exciting TurboChip games... It's the incredible Turbo Genesis 64 Entertainment SuperSystem Experience. There's more fun, more challenge, and more excitment ready for you today!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

49. Posted:

Cave of Ordeals...? Huh, now that I think about it, I think I forgot to go there! Wasn't that an optional area? Maybe I'm imagining things. I have such a horrible memory.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

50. Posted:

@Adam: I was including Four Swords Adventures in the statement "the last three sold poorly". MM, FSA, and WW all sold disappointingly (particularly FSA, with a paltry 250,000). I know that Ocarina of Time is the best selling Zelda game overall, at 7.6 million.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

51. Posted:

But FSA isn't a 3D Zelda and isn't even mentioned in the post... And even if you meant the last three Zelda games, that would still be inaccurate due to Phantom Hourglass and Minish Cap. Oh well, confusion cleared up!

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bram070

52. Posted:

I think i would pick windwaker, the whole ocean thing spoke to me

practise my stabbing!!