Retro Forum

Topic: What's your earliest gaming memory?

Showing 121 to 138 of 138

AuthorMessage

_Wallace

121. Posted:

SyFyTy wrote:

for me it's pong, Atari Tennis (2 person pong), Lunar Lander, then pacman; playing that weeks on end every free moment for handheld it was mattel Football, baseball & Racing, I still the ball games the best rendition of ball games I've ever played to date.

The green Mattel football game. What fond memories...

3DS FC: 3308-5501-6669
Now Playing:
GB/GBC/GBA:
DS/3DS: Pokemon Y
NES: Super Mario Bros.
SNES:
N64:
GCN:
Wii:
Wii Virtual Console:

AuthorMessage

Musterd

122. Posted:

My brother's birthday when he was about 6 and I was about 4, he got a GBA and Spongebob: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman. My grandpa also gave me a Popeye Game and Watch

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115

AuthorMessage

MarioKenny1992

123. Posted:

I think, when I first saw Super Mario World and F-Zero being played by my dad. also when I played Super Mario All-Stars when I was very young, and when I tried to walk over the small gaps, I fell XD keep in mind I didn't know about the run button at that time, I was like 3 years old or so

"I almost feel sorry for you knowing you can't enjoy Call of Duty, and that your taste in video games is so ****. But the fact that you don't like call of duty makes me fell zero simpathy for u." - MonkeyGameGuides, also known as Monk Monk

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperMarioKenny

AuthorMessage

16bitdave

124. Posted:

playing Super Marios Bros on NES

David William
http://brainerdrainer.wordpress.com/
Nintendo Network ID: 16bitdave

Nintendo Network ID: 16bitdave

AuthorMessage

Intrepid

125. Posted:

Coming home from preschool to own on Super Mario Bros. 3. I could never understand why that sun was so angry at me. :)

Support the localization of Ace Attorney Investigations 2!
My Zeldaloggery
Diehard Accel World fan! Check it out here.
“Incarnation isn’t about desire! It’s about hope!” – Haruyuki Arita

AuthorMessage

arrmixer

126. Posted:

I remember when I was around 6 or 7 and my dad had a comm 64 in the house... I loved playing the games on there.. honestly I can't remember if it was pitfall or not.. because I played pitfall and frogger alot on Atari 2400 as well..

proud Wii u Owner and
Fortunate to receive a 3ds XL from my other half
Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer

AuthorMessage

KAHN

127. Posted:

odyssey. need i say more?

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

Mickey

128. Posted:

Playing Sonic 2 with my little sister

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

UnseatingKDawg

129. Posted:

My dad teaching me how to play Sonic 2 on the Game Gear when I was about 4 or 5.

UnseatingKDawg

AuthorMessage

arrmixer

130. Posted:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

odyssey. need i say more?

nice you still got that machine by chance? honestly I didn't even know anything pass comm 64 exsisted..

proud Wii u Owner and
Feel free to add

ARR

AuthorMessage

Hyun917

131. Posted:

Playing multiplayer in Super Mario World with my older brother. My brother would always steal my lives whenever I went to the bathroom.

3DS friend code: 4811-7108-7134
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins

AuthorMessage

NImH

132. Posted:

I must've been 5 when our next-door neighbors got an NES with SMB. I remember him (his name was Andy) letting me play as "Loogie" and I just failed horribly... but I was hooked.
Ah yes, it all began in a little townhouse in El Monte, CA circa 1985.

NintendoNerd since 1986. Dream Address: 4900-2590-0032 Town: DeNile My Sadloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3239-3091-0052 | Nintendo Network ID: NImH37 | Twitter: NImH37

AuthorMessage

arrmixer

133. Posted:

NImH wrote:

I must've been 5 when our next-door neighbors got an NES with SMB. I remember him (his name was Andy) letting me play as "Loogie" and I just failed horribly... but I was hooked.
Ah yes, it all began in a little townhouse in El Monte, CA circa 1985.

awesomee I went to my older cousin's house and was in awe with the nes.. my first experience was elevator action... When I first got my wii that was my first VC purchase.. I still play that game from time to time.. :)

Edited on by arrmixer

proud Wii u Owner and
Feel free to add

ARR

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

134. Posted:

I think playing Turtles in Time on the SNES with family.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

135. Posted:

I have the honor to say: secret of mana SNES

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

136. Posted:

Christmas of 1990. My dad has just gotten an NES with Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt. We hooked it up to the TV in the master bedroom and I spent quite a lot of time playing it.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

137. Posted:

First, I remember watching my older sister play Super Mario Bros. 3 then she switched to Super Mario Bros. right after. On the NES, we had SMB1, SMB3, Excitebike, Pac—Man, Q*Bert, and Magmax. I just watched the others play since I was too young at the time. I started playing the games myself when I got a Genesis/MD for Christmas in 1994, got it with Lion King and Power Rangers, didn't get any Sonic games on it until months later but I played those Sonic games to death.

Much later in the year 2001, I finally got to play the Marios myself since my brother borrowed his friend's Super Nintendo. I also found out what SMB2 was after wondering what it was for years.

I still have all of my Sega stuff today at my grandma's house, the little ones like to play it when they come over, but my NES was donated to a poor family not long after I got the Sega.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

Kenchi

138. Posted:

Pong. Commodore 64.

3DS Friend Code: 3625-7861-0439
NNID: Kenchi9
ACNL town: Zenn La