Retro Forum

Topic: What's your earliest gaming memory?

Showing 121 to 138 of 138

AuthorMessage

_Wallace

121. Posted:

SyFyTy wrote:

for me it's pong, Atari Tennis (2 person pong), Lunar Lander, then pacman; playing that weeks on end every free moment for handheld it was mattel Football, baseball & Racing, I still the ball games the best rendition of ball games I've ever played to date.

The green Mattel football game. What fond memories...

3DS FC: 3308-5501-6669
Now Playing:
GB/GBC/GBA:
DS/3DS: Pokemon Y
NES: Super Mario Bros.
SNES:
N64:
GCN:
Wii:
Wii Virtual Console:

AuthorMessage

Captain_Bagel

122. Posted:

My brother's birthday when he was about 6 and I was about 4, he got a GBA and Spongebob: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman. My grandpa also gave me a Popeye Game and Watch

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Keithmc
My alt account: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

AuthorMessage

MarioKenny1992

123. Posted:

I think, when I first saw Super Mario World and F-Zero being played by my dad. also when I played Super Mario All-Stars when I was very young, and when I tried to walk over the small gaps, I fell XD keep in mind I didn't know about the run button at that time, I was like 3 years old or so

"I almost feel sorry for you knowing you can't enjoy Call of Duty, and that your taste in video games is so ****. But the fact that you don't like call of duty makes me fell zero simpathy for u." - MonkeyGameGuides, also known as Monk Monk

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperMarioKenny

AuthorMessage

brainerdrainer

124. Posted:

playing Super Marios Bros on NES

David William
http://brainerdrainer.wordpress.com/

Nintendo Network ID: 16bitdave

Nintendo Network ID: 16bitdave

AuthorMessage

Intrepid

125. Posted:

Coming home from preschool to own on Super Mario Bros. 3. I could never understand why that sun was so angry at me. :)

Support the localization of Ace Attorney Investigations 2!
My Zeldaloggery
Diehard Accel World fan! Check it out here.
“Incarnation isn’t about desire! It’s about hope!” – Haruyuki Arita

AuthorMessage

arrmixer

126. Posted:

I remember when I was around 6 or 7 and my dad had a comm 64 in the house... I loved playing the games on there.. honestly I can't remember if it was pitfall or not.. because I played pitfall and frogger alot on Atari 2400 as well..

proud Wii u Owner and
Fortunate to receive a 3ds XL from my other half
Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer

AuthorMessage

KAHN

127. Posted:

odyssey. need i say more?

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

MickeyTheGreat

128. Posted:

Playing Sonic 2 with my little sister

Formerly MickMick and Mickey. Now I'm MickeyTheGreat again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

If I haven't posted in awhile, it's probably because I'm with friends.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

UnseatingKDawg

129. Posted:

My dad teaching me how to play Sonic 2 on the Game Gear when I was about 4 or 5.

UnseatingKDawg

AuthorMessage

arrmixer

130. Posted:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

odyssey. need i say more?

nice you still got that machine by chance? honestly I didn't even know anything pass comm 64 exsisted..

proud Wii u Owner and
Feel free to add

ARR

AuthorMessage

Hyun917

131. Posted:

Playing multiplayer in Super Mario World with my older brother. My brother would always steal my lives whenever I went to the bathroom.

3DS friend code: 4811-7108-7134
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins

AuthorMessage

NImH

132. Posted:

I must've been 5 when our next-door neighbors got an NES with SMB. I remember him (his name was Andy) letting me play as "Loogie" and I just failed horribly... but I was hooked.
Ah yes, it all began in a little townhouse in El Monte, CA circa 1985.

NintendoNerd since 1986. Dream Address: 4900-2590-0032 Town: DeNile My Sadloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3239-3091-0052 | Nintendo Network ID: NImH37

AuthorMessage

arrmixer

133. Posted:

NImH wrote:

I must've been 5 when our next-door neighbors got an NES with SMB. I remember him (his name was Andy) letting me play as "Loogie" and I just failed horribly... but I was hooked.
Ah yes, it all began in a little townhouse in El Monte, CA circa 1985.

awesomee I went to my older cousin's house and was in awe with the nes.. my first experience was elevator action... When I first got my wii that was my first VC purchase.. I still play that game from time to time.. :)

Edited on by arrmixer

proud Wii u Owner and
Feel free to add

ARR

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

134. Posted:

I think playing Turtles in Time on the SNES with family.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

135. Posted:

I have the honor to say: secret of mana SNES

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

136. Posted:

Christmas of 1990. My dad has just gotten an NES with Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt. We hooked it up to the TV in the master bedroom and I spent quite a lot of time playing it.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

137. Posted:

First, I remember watching my older sister play Super Mario Bros. 3 then she switched to Super Mario Bros. right after. On the NES, we had SMB1, SMB3, Excitebike, Pac—Man, Q*Bert, and Magmax. I just watched the others play since I was too young at the time. I started playing the games myself when I got a Genesis/MD for Christmas in 1994, got it with Lion King and Power Rangers, didn't get any Sonic games on it until months later but I played those Sonic games to death.

Much later in the year 2001, I finally got to play the Marios myself since my brother borrowed his friend's Super Nintendo. I also found out what SMB2 was after wondering what it was for years.

I still have all of my Sega stuff today at my grandma's house, the little ones like to play it when they come over, but my NES was donated to a poor family not long after I got the Sega.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I help keep these threads updated: New 3DS VC games in Japan, Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, and Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

Kenchi

138. Posted:

Pong. Commodore 64.

3DS Friend Code: 3625-7861-0439
NNID: Kenchi9
ACNL town: Zenn La