Forums

Topic: What's your earliest gaming memory?

Posts 101 to 120 of 130

RetroGBHippie92

HawkeyeWii wrote:

I went over to a friends house in my neighborhood when I was like 5 or 6 and my friend was gone. His mom told he would be back soon gave me this grey rectangle with a screen. I had no idea what it was. I figured out how to turn it on and "Gameboy" flashed on screen. I then played one of the greatest handheld games ever! Super Mario Land

Super Mario Land was one of the first games I actually owned! However my first experience was playing Super Mario World on SNES, somehow when I go back to it today it doesn't feel the same way when I first played, but It's still one of my most favourite Mario games out there, not surprising though.
The first console/handheld I got was a red Gameboy Pocket and it came with a game called Chase HQ, which wasn't particularly fun, but it made me want to buy another game. At the time, I really wanted Pokemon but it was sold out and instead I bought Warioland II.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

HawkeyeWii

@RetroGBHippie92
Never owned a Warioland game before, but I got to play it in exchange for helping a kid out on Pokemon Red

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

TheKingOfTown

Pretty recent, but I remember I was extremely excited about the character choice in SSBM. I was mind blown at the amount of characters that I recognized in there. I believe I was about 4 or 5.

Yeah, I know I'm young.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

HawkeyeWii

I was around 8 when that came out. It was one of the first GCN games I got. I saw SSB on the cover and I am like "mom get that!" because I had played the N64 one and thought it was amazing! Surprisingly I was super bummed when I first played it, because I thought it was the same game as the N64 for one that my friend had, but alas it wasn't. It was better after I started playing more. I was absolutely dumbfounded when I saw the credits roll after I played maybe 10 minutes of the game hahaha

Twitter:

kyuubikid213

I was in Kindergarten...don't remember how old I was...
My parents bought me and my brother a PlayStation. We had one game with it, but no memory card. The game was either Crash Bandicoot 2 or 3.
I just remember my brother leaving the system on so we didn't have to start over every time we wanted to play.
Good times...good times...

First Nintendo memory is...I watched my godsister play Banjo and Kazooie on her Nintendo64. That's it. I didn't play until maybe...a year or two later. Mario Party 3 at my cousin's house.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

HawkeyeWii

kyuubikid213: Ah yes those were the days. Back when you had to start over on Crash or Spyro from the beginning. Having to rush to the spot you were last time, just to make progress haha!

Twitter:

EvilRegal

Not sure if it was playing built-in MineStorm on the Vectrex, or my Donkey Kong tabletop game.

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

guardianoftime

Game&watch Donkey Kong when I was ...4 years old! That I still have!

All fear the man who has nothing to loose

Switch Friend Code: SW-8568-3458-9191

SyFyTy

for me it's pong, Atari Tennis (2 person pong), Lunar Lander, then pacman; playing that weeks on end every free moment for handheld it was mattel Football, baseball & Racing, I still the ball games the best rendition of ball games I've ever played to date.

Edited on by SyFyTy

'Be Good or Be Gone!'

MikeDanger

Jurassic Park on the Genesis. I was about 4 or 5, but was terrified of that game. Still am a little lol.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

Geonjaha

Well my earliest gaming memory was my first game for the GB (Spider-Man and The X-Men in Arcades Revenge), but I suppose my first great memory was starting up Dragon Quest III for the GBC. Not knowing anything about RPG's, being unable to get anywhere in the game without dying - and yet having the time of my life!

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Andyv01

Atari 2600 + OUTLAW = good grief that was fun... the guy on the boxart looks like my dad : /

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

_Wallace

My 10th Birthday, Mar '81 with the Atari 2600.

3DS FC: 3308-5501-6669
Now Playing:
GB/GBC/GBA:
DS/3DS: Code Name: S.T.E.A.M
NES:
SNES:
N64:
GCN:
Wii:
Wii U:

_Wallace

SyFyTy wrote:

for me it's pong, Atari Tennis (2 person pong), Lunar Lander, then pacman; playing that weeks on end every free moment for handheld it was mattel Football, baseball & Racing, I still the ball games the best rendition of ball games I've ever played to date.

The green Mattel football game. What fond memories...

3DS FC: 3308-5501-6669
Now Playing:
GB/GBC/GBA:
DS/3DS: Code Name: S.T.E.A.M
NES:
SNES:
N64:
GCN:
Wii:
Wii U:

Ketchupcat

My brother's birthday when he was about 6 and I was about 4, he got a GBA and Spongebob: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman. My grandpa also gave me a Popeye Game and Watch

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

MarioKenny1992

I think, when I first saw Super Mario World and F-Zero being played by my dad. also when I played Super Mario All-Stars when I was very young, and when I tried to walk over the small gaps, I fell XD keep in mind I didn't know about the run button at that time, I was like 3 years old or so

"I almost feel sorry for you knowing you can't enjoy Call of Duty, and that your taste in video games is so ****. But the fact that you don't like call of duty makes me fell zero simpathy for u." - MonkeyGameGuides, also known as Monk Monk

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperMarioKenny

16bitdave

playing Super Marios Bros on NES

https://hiddenlevel.bigcartel.com

Switch Friend Code: sw-4349-8419-7001 | 3DS Friend Code: 1650-3873-3348 | My Nintendo: 16bitdave | Nintendo Network ID: 16bitdave

arrmixer

I remember when I was around 6 or 7 and my dad had a comm 64 in the house... I loved playing the games on there.. honestly I can't remember if it was pitfall or not.. because I played pitfall and frogger alot on Atari 2400 as well..

Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer | Twitter:

KAHN

odyssey. need i say more?

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.