Showing 1 to 14 of 14
1. Posted: Tue 14th Jul 2009 21:50 BST
And yes, they don't have to be from a Nintendo System, though I only own Nintendo systems.So here's my good-for-nothing list of favorite games. It can't possibly help you unless some random killer knocks on your door and asks you for Qwikman's Top Ten Favorite games of all time. Which I doubt will happen anytime... soon...
10.) Mega Man 2 (NES)- Well, I never ever had the original NES, but I still enjoyed the frustration through beating this game on the Wii's VC. I can honestly say, this is my favorite NES game, even if my NES collection only contains about 10-or-so games. This game is the most playable and beatable of the NES games I have, so it deserves to be on my Top Ten list.
9.) Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES/GBA)- I loved this game, as I used to play it on the SNES. Once the GBA version came out, I bought it so I could enjoy this game on the go. This has to be my favorite 2D side-scrolling platformer of all time, as the visuals and music and gameplay are pretty much perfect.
8.) Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA)- It's true, that the sequel was better, though it seemed that it was a lot shorter and the final boss was way too long to be fun to beat. The first game, Superstar Saga, I thought was more enjoyable because it provided a longer experience and had you backtrack sometimes to go to an area not previously accessible. Sure, the final boss was also way too long to be fun to beat, but the graphics, comical conversations, and music in this RPG easily make it my favorite GBA game of all time.
7.) Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)- Even though it is port of the Gamecube version, I still consider it a Wii title. I played this game before Ocarina of Time, so I simply thought this was the better game overall. The graphics were great, and the battle gameplay was superb. The dungeons were very large, and took several hours to beat on your first runthrough. Everything about this game was superb, from story to music to gameplay. Unfortunately, the game is so linear that a second runthrough isn't as fun.
6.) Banjo-Tooie (N64)- This is one of my favorite 3D platformer of all time, as I remember playing it when I was little. It's basically the same thing as Super Mario, except WAY better, and instead of collecting stars, you collect jigsaw pieces. This is the best in the Banjo-Kazooie series, and will always be.
5.) Metroid Prime (NGC)- I just recently played through the game for the first time, and is my favorite Metroid game so far. Just like Zelda's transition to 3D, Metroid's transition was also flawless. An instant classic.
4.) Jet Force Gemini (N64)- This used to be my favorite N64 game, but I think its safe to say it is tied for first. I salute anyone who even knows the existance of this game, as it is one of RareWare's lesser-known games (At least, I think so). I think it is RareWare's finest, and a great 3rd person shooter. It's the game that introduced me to shooters.
3.) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)- I just finished this recently, and I now understand why Twilight Princess may have been a dissapointment, though I still love both. The story, gameplay, music, characters, and everything else made it a complete success. Even though there were sometimes some choppy graphics, everything in this game is solid. There were several elements that weren't used in any later Zeldas, making it a classic, original game.
2.) Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (NGC)- This was the game that introduced me to Zelda, and so it ranks as my #1 Zelda game for me. The graphics were excellent, and the fact that you get to go sailing on a boat made it all the more relaxing and special. It is also the only Zelda that I've completed more than once.
1.) Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)- Bet you weren't expecting this, huh? Or mebbe you were. This game was the VERY FIRST GAME that my family ever bought. First. Seriously. Somehow, it happened to be one of the best games of all time, my favorite game of all time, and Mario's first transition to the RPG genre. Everything about this game is purely perfect. Everything. The epic story, the fitting music, the entertainingly humorous cutscenes and characters, the addicting gameplay, the difficulty, etc. Everything is perfect in this game. There is NOTHING wrong with this game, even if you try to find something wrong. Need I say more?
So there you go: my Top Ten Favorite Games of All Time. Now let's hear yours. Only if you want to.
Currently obsessed with my new PS3 in 2015...
Wii Friend Code (Showcase): 5828 1840 9740 9987
WarioWare DIY FC: 3309 7315 6534
Goldeneye 007 (Wii): 0457 2025 5629
Flipnote Hatena (Haven't been on in over 2 years, btw!)
DIY Wikihouse Page
Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42
2. Posted: Tue 14th Jul 2009 21:57 BST
1. Gate of Thunder2. Chrono Trigger3. Super Mario Bros. 34. Donkey Kong5. Final Fantasy X6. Terranigma7. Banjo Kazooie8. Megamania9. Lords of Thunder10. Deathsmiles
Plain old gamer :)
3. Posted: Tue 14th Jul 2009 22:09 BST
I'm gonna try 2 make them in order from least 2 best10.Ape Escape 39.Bully8.Resident evil 47.Guitar Hero World Tour6.The Legend of Zelda a link to the past5.Guitar Hero 34.The Godfather3.Okami2.The legend of Zelda Twilight princess1.Ape Escape
4. Posted: Tue 14th Jul 2009 22:21 BST
10: Super Smash Bros. Brawl -Wii9: Phantasy Star Online -GCN8: Super Mario RPG -SNES7: Mega Man X -SNES6: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle -GCN5: Mario Kart Double Dash -GCN4: Super Mario World -SNES3: Donkey Kong Country -SNES2: Metal Gear Solid -Playstation11: Animal Crossing -GCN
Edited on Tue 14th July, 2009 @ 22:23 by Chrono_Cross
Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury
5. Posted: Tue 14th Jul 2009 22:49 BST
10 - Super Metroid9 - Metal Gear Solid8 - Final Fantasy 87 - Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins6 - Final Fantasy 45 - Sonic the Hedgehog 24 - Super Smash Bros Brawl3 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time2 - Super Mario Galaxy1 - Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
SSBB: 2235-0798-2510Mario Kart: 0860-7134-116Add firstname.lastname@example.org to play online with me
6. Posted: Wed 15th Jul 2009 00:42 BST
There's already a Thread about this.
Just Because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!- Homer SimpsonNintendolife Chat. I'm never in it, but it's good to ptomote these things.VC-Forums. We're desperate. Please join.My Backloggery
7. Posted: Wed 15th Jul 2009 02:17 BST
10. Kirby Air Ride9. Luigi's Mansion8. Mega Man Anneversary Collection7. Super Mario Sunshine6. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island5. Super Mario 64: DS4. Animal Crossing: City Folk3. Sonic Adventure2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl1. The Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time
8. Posted: Wed 15th Jul 2009 02:24 BST
10 - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PSOne)9 - Legend of Zelda (NES)8 - Super Mario Bros (NES)7 - Animal Crossing / Animal Crossing Wild World (GCN/DS)6 - Legend of Zelda LTTP (SNES)5 - Super Metroid (SNES)4 - Secret of Mana (SNES)3 - Legend of Zelda OOT (N64)2 - Chrono Trigger (SNES)1 - Final Fantasy Tactics (PSOne)
Honorable Mentions· Metroid (NES)· Kid Icarus (NES) · Castlevania: Dawn of Souls (NDS) · Final Fantasy VII (PSOne)· Legend of Zelda Majora’s Mask (N64)· Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass (NDS) · River City Ransom · Secret of Evermore · Soul Blader (SNES) · Super Mario Bros 3 (NES) · Super Mario World (SNES) · Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES)
Tatsunoko vs Capcom - 0045-4226-761
9. Posted: Wed 15th Jul 2009 02:27 BST
10!!! Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door (GC):I thought that this game has some of the coolest, most inventive levels out of all it's fellow RPGS. choosing partners is fun and the combat system is great. It also had great puzzles to solve on the map.
9!!! Okami (Wii):The graphics were good, the sound was great, and the plot was best. It had a gameplay other than anything I have ever seen before. I liked it a lot also because it was a lot like an open world.
8!!! Luigi's Mansion (GC):Who DOESN'T want to play as Luigi? Who DOESN'T want to suck up ghosts in a mansion? Who DOESN'T want to pay this game a million time over? If you said "I don't" to all of these, then you are crazy!!
7!!! Final Fantasy IV advance (GBA):This game has my favorite plot of all time. I thought the fights were great, the graphics were as good as 2d can get. I spent hours on this game. (BTW, I lost this game RIGHT before i faced the last boss!!!)
6!!! Megaman 2 (NES):One of my best memories of gaming: I get up in the morning. I look over to the floor and I don't see my two cousins that flew in New York. I walk to the living room and i hear the voices of my cousins and sister. then i see them playing megaman 2 saying stuff like "Dodge that!!" and "shoot him now!" Good times.... I loved the whole retro music and graphics of the game and stuff.
5!!! Super Metriod (SNES):I've only had this on the VC, but I thought that the puzzles, fighting mechanisms, graphics were amazing.
4!!! The World Ends With You (DS):This has gameplay like you've never seen before! The plot is great and I like how it unfolds slowly over time. And if I love one thing in a game, it's customization and this game has the most customization I have EVER seen.
3!!! Pikmin (GC):One of the most strategic games that I have played to date. You have to plan everything out, when to harvest, when to collect, how many pikmin to take. The open world was great too.
2!!! Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii):Amazing graphics. Humongous collection of sound. Enormous amount of characters all with weaknesses and strengths and special moves. Online, 10-hour adventure mode, endless unlockables. This game has got it all!!!
AND NUMBER 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!! Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA):Best game ever. I said that Final fantasy IV has the best story plot. This is a close second for me though. The gameplay is great and the sprites were hilarious, the plot was inventive and you get to play as luigi. It's so awesome to play as two guys at once! The soundtrack was catchy and the dialouge was funny
Honorable mentions:Pokemon Crystal VersionWorld of GooChrono TriggerSuper Mario Bros. 3Super Mario SunshineLegend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
EDITE: #10 has been changed from halo 3 to paper mario
Edited on Wed 15th July, 2009 @ 03:42 by Mabbit
Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
10. Posted: Wed 15th Jul 2009 03:04 BST
1. Mario & Luigi: Superstar SagaI've logged well over a hundred hours playing this RPG masterpiece, over and over again. Controlling Mario and Luigi separately with the A and B buttons was utter genius, and the battle system was fast, frantic fun. On top of the outstanding gameplay is a brilliantly hilarious story; one that had me in stitches countless times. A truly masterful RPG.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Wind WakerI believe this is the best Zelda game to date. The amazing control-scheme from Ocarina of Time was perfected and fine-tuned in this gorgeous, massive adventure. Numerous islands, clever dungeons, and an interesting story make for a gaming experience filled with adventuring bliss.
3. Super Mario Bros. 3Possibly the greatest platformer ever made, Super Mario Bros. 3 nailed everything right. Perfect control, great visuals, and dozens of levels in one of the most-hyped games ever created. This is truly a classic, and one that no platforming fanatic (such as myself) should miss.
4. Super Mario KartAh, yes, Mario Kart. The first game in one of Nintendo's most popular series. This perfectly executed racer features some of the best multi-player competition to be found in any game to date. I remember hours upon hours of fun playing this in my pre-teen years.
5. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year DoorRounding up the top five is Paper Mario 2 for the Nintendo GameCube. While the first in the series nailed the action battle system head-on, this one almost impossibly betters it, and at the same time introduces some brilliant, paper-themed puzzles. While it admitedly lacks the huge roster of party members featured in the original, this one makes up for it with its more interesting story, improved visuals, stunning locales, and hilarious characters.
6. Chrono TriggerYes, I have Chrono Trigger lower than the Mario RPGs. Why? While Chrono Trigger's leveling system and story are more complex, Mario RPGs really nail the exploration, and their battles have more "oomph". That being said, this is another true masterpiece - one that any RPG fan should not miss.
7. Yoshi's IslandDid the sequel to the longest 2D Mario platformer ever, Super Mario World, deliver? Hell yes. This is easily one of the most artistically beautiful Super Nintendo games ever. With spot-on platforming coupled with an interesting shooting mechanic, this is one of Nintendo's most unique platformers ever.
8. Grand Slam TennisYup, y'all knew it was coming: Grand Slam Tennis, one of the most revolutionary sports games ever. Sure, it has its issues, but the strategy and control of this game are unrivaled, delivering the most realistic tennis experience to date. And this is coming from a tennis fanatic, boys.
9. Super Mario SunshineAnother innovative and highly entertaining platformer from Nintendo, this time on the GameCube, introduced an interesting gameplay "gimmick": Mario utilised a humorous water spewin' backpack called Fludd, which he used to clean up sludge, spray baddies, all to clear his name from a mysterious graffiti artist.
10. Mario vs. Donkey KongFinally, here comes my favorite puzzle platformer, Mario vs. Donkey Kong. The colored and disappearing platforms activated by switches is an incredibly cool idea, producing some undeniably brilliant puzzles. The Mario Bros. 2 style combat deserves a mention too.
I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it
Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy
11. Posted: Thu 16th Jul 2009 22:00 BST
I'm not gonna put it in any real order since I'm having a VERY difficult time thinking of my 10 favorite games of all time. I'll just list some of my favorite games.
Mega Man 3: Everyone says 2 is the best, but I disagree. Number 3 not only has everything MM2 had, plus more, but it gave you the slide, which was awesome. It made for some seriously awesome dodges. And once you beat the master bots, you had to defeat all of MM2s master bots. [sarcasm]Yeah, MM2 is totally better[/sarcasm]
Resident Evil 4: Possibly one of the best ..... um ... third person shooters ... I beat RE4 14 times! And I'm going through another run with a friend! That's the most I've EVER beaten a game. It's just so addicting. And there were actually some pretty creepy moments too. No one can say their heart didn't drop when they heard that chainsaw revving up.
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker: Beautiful music, beautiful style. This game is THE best zelda, IMO. It has massive replay value. I honestly have no words for this games awesomeness.
Sonic 3 and Knuckles: Sonic 3 is one of the best sonic gmaes evar. Sonic and Knuckles is close to follow. Combine the two and you have THE best sonic game EVAR. And playing "co-op" with sonic and tails is awesome fun. Of course I say "co-op" because sonic will just run away from tails all the time, and when he isn't, tails is trying to pick sonic up and throw him into spikes.
Halo 3: Possbily THE best first person shooter, Halo 3 has everything. Epic online, awesome weapons, freaking vehicles, co-op, vs mode, unlockables, ragdoll physics. So fun.
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition: I got this game, what, 2 years ago? And still to this very day, I play it. There's nothing quite like smacking a guy in the face with a baseball bat, slamming his head into a cash register then throwing him through a window. Sure the PS3 and 360 had their own versions, but the motion controls in the wii version were so much fun to use and so perfect.
Alien Hominid: A game much like contra, except you can bite peoples heads of and cut them in half with swords. The co-op is amazing fun and the game is quite challenging, but what's the best part of this game? The 4 player stickman puzzles. 4 players can play as 4 different colored stickmen and travel through more than 200 levels solving puzzles, jumping on people, pushing rocks and sailing boats. Epic fun.
The Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/Two thrones: I couldn't choose between these two. Warrior Within had a semi-open world, in which you could just fight endlessly if you wanted and featured the dahaka, which was fun to escape from. The third one featured silent kills and the dark prince, both very fun to use. In the end, they go together.
The burnout series: Racing games have always been fun, especially when theirs destruction afoot. Burnout capitalized on this and made the series entirely about crashing. Burnout revenge is my favorite, but I've only played that, Burnout 2 and Paradise (I didn't play enough of paradise to get a good feel of it though).
Super Mario Strikers: I'm not a fan of sports games, but when I played this, I realized just how badass sports could be. With crazy charged shots, intense items, wicked tackling and overall insane carnage, this is one of the best sports tiles around.
Edited on Thu 16th July, 2009 @ 22:08 by Kaeobais
The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.
12. Posted: Thu 16th Jul 2009 22:12 BST
Without any order at all.
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of timeLegend of zelda Links awakeningMonkey island 3Grim fandangoDay of the tentacleMario and luigi rpg superstar sagametroid prime 1Resident evil 4Little king's storySuper mario galaxy
Old Nintendofan from up north...
13. Posted: Thu 16th Jul 2009 22:13 BST
a loco roco pic has already been used before...that didnt stop u...
Where do I put my signature?
14. Posted: Thu 16th Jul 2009 22:18 BST
I have a PSP, Gamecube and PS2 but i just like my Wii most...these titles as you should probably guess, are all on Wii...1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl2. Super Mario Galaxy3. Mario Strikers Charged4. Wii Fit5. Wii Music6. Mario Kart Wii7.Wii Play8. Wii Sports9. Guinness World Records: The Video Game10. Rayman Raving Rabidds TV Party