Showing 1 to 20 of 25
1. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 03:03 BST
Name your top 10 SHUMPS! Here's my list:10. Blastworks9. Gradius8. Galaga7. Gradius V6. Star Soldier5. R-Type III4. Super Star Soldier3. R-Types2. Final Soldier1. IkarugaThat's all I've played so far!
2. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 03:06 BST
1. Gate of Thunder2. Lords of Thunder3. Ikaruga4. Deathsmiles5. Mushihimesama Futari6. Dodonpachi7. Axelay8. Radiant Silvergun9. Muchi Muchi Pork10. Soukuyugurentai
Plain old gamer :)
3. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 03:07 BST
Corbie, I thought that you said Star Paroider would be in your Top 10 SHUMPS!
Edited on Mon 31st August, 2009 @ 03:07 by Supermarioman
4. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 03:09 BST
Well I thought it would have been, but I couldn't squeeze it in. There's not a shooter on that list I'd put below it. I'd probably put it at #11 or #12. Star Parodier is more of a relaxing shooter. Those I listed as ass-kickers.
Edited on Mon 31st August, 2009 @ 03:10 by Corbs
5. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 03:10 BST
Well considering that you probably have played over 50 SHUMPS, thats a pretty good acheivment for Star Paroider!
6. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 03:12 BST
I own over 220 shmups.
Edited on Mon 31st August, 2009 @ 03:12 by Corbs
7. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 03:15 BST
Oh GOD! That's how many games I own all across all systems But wait, I'm only 12 years old!
8. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 03:15 BST
Well, you're only 12, so give yourself time. You'll be shocked at how quickly your collection grows once you begin working.
9. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 16:00 BST
I not sure I'm very good at SHMUPS, I don't have a lot of experience with them, but I was thinking about trying out Lords of Thunder, Twinbee, or Star Parodier to see if I can get tino the genre. Are these a good place to start, or is there a better "gateway" game for me?
A Fool and his Wii Points are easily parted.
10. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 16:30 BST
@sushi: wiiware: Star Soldier R is pretty fun. On the ds: Nanostray 2
11. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 18:30 BST
1. Ikaruga2. Lords Of Thunder3. Gates Of Thunder4. Raiden FIghter Jets5. Radio Allergy6. Cho Aniki7. Galaga8. Zanac9. Aero Blasters10. Star Soilder type R
12. Posted: Tue 1st Sep 2009 09:39 BST
Star Parodier is a good one to start with as on the normal setting it's not too difficult and is a lot of fun.Soldier Blade is another good one ,though after level 4 it starts getting pretty tough. I wouldn't consider myself great at SHMUPS but I've really gotten into them thanks to the VC.What I like about them is that no matter how hard they are you always seem to progress just that little bit further with every try . Also it's almost always your fault if you die not the game (as long as you buy good un's that is!).Star soldier R is a good game but has only two levels both with a time limit (2min/5min) but if you like going for high scores its a fun game.The best thing to do is to look at the reviews on here (there's some big SHMUP fans on here looks at Corbie so they know what there talking about) and see which one appeals to you most.Happy shootin'.
What's this bit for again?
13. Posted: Wed 2nd Sep 2009 03:44 BST
I may change my list soon with Star Paroider! I'll soon be getting a points card Hmmm... A starting out shooter, I would not reccomend Star Soldier, R-Type (Any of them!), or Ikaruga. Especially not Ikaruga, my poor Gamecube Controller had a good life until I met Ikaurga and then in rage I threw the controller and broke it..... Blastworks is a great example of a starting point, you could get it for the price of about Stra Paroider now adays!
Edited on Wed 2nd September, 2009 @ 03:45 by Supermarioman
14. Posted: Thu 3rd Sep 2009 22:39 BST
1.Final Soldier2.Star Soldier Vanishing Earth3.Soldier Blade4.Blazing Lazers5.Star Parodier6.MUSHA7.Gate of Thunder8.Lords of Thunder9.Detana Twin Bee10.Ordyne
Edited on Thu 3rd September, 2009 @ 22:41 by Tails
Check out Wii-kly Review's on http://www.videogameheat.com PSN ID: TailsPrower86 3DS FC: 3695 0027 1349 Tails XBL GamerTag: BioReaver86
15. Posted: Mon 7th Sep 2009 07:10 BST
I really like shmups but I'm pretty bad at them. For now I'll just list some of my favorites in no order:
blazing lazersdonpachigradius 3 (snes)harmful parkgalagaEinhandergate of thundermars matrixnight raidinternal section
wii code: 2630-2655-0027-8482onslaught friend code: 1977-7779-8949bomberman blast: 1634 2282 0930
16. Posted: Mon 7th Sep 2009 07:36 BST
oh brother, i total forgot about einhander. that game was so good. man i wish i could play that some way other than having to buy a playstation and a copy of it.
17. Posted: Mon 7th Sep 2009 12:58 BST
I'm not that good at shmups. Well, except Star Parodier (I'm a demon in that game ), and Detana! TwinBee (I still think it's a bit overrated, but not as overrated as I have before), and probably Axelay (which I've yet to beat). I also have LifeForce for the NES, but I haven't touched it in years. I thought Gate of Thunder and Super Star Soldier were nice, but the latter makes it impossible to get past the second stage (to me and my cousin, as far as I know). So, I have no Top 10, sorry.
6. Axelay5. Super Star Soldier4. LifeForce3. Detana! TwinBee2. Gate of Thunder1. Star Parodier
I am StarBoy91, passionate about video games, big retrophile, and fan of all things 16-bit; may your day shine brightly
My Backloggery | StarBlog
R.I.P. James Horner
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
24 and proud =)
To each their own
18. Posted: Mon 7th Sep 2009 13:05 BST
Axelay is about as relaxing as it gets.
19. Posted: Mon 7th Sep 2009 13:10 BST
I too thought Axelay was relaxing at times, especially during the fourth stage where the ambient piece "Silence" plays.
20. Posted: Thu 17th Sep 2009 00:12 BST
1. Galaga (yeah that's right, it's #1, bitches!)2. Soldier Blade3. Star Parodier4. Rayforce5. Darius Gaiden6. Dragon Spirit- Love this game, even though I can't even make it past level 3. )7. Fantasy Zone 8. Satan's Hollow9. Galaga '8810. Gradius Galaxies
I had to push it a little bit here, since I haven't played a lot of shooters. I've always loved the genre, but I suck IMMENSELY at it.
Just Because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!- Homer SimpsonNintendolife Chat. I'm never in it, but it's good to ptomote these things.VC-Forums. We're desperate. Please join.My Backloggery