Forums

Topic: Things you didn't know about certain video games for years

Posts 361 to 380 of 430

ZurrrrBlattTron

I used to think as a kid that Super Mario 64 was the 64th game in the series up until I was like 13-14 xD

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

TanookiToad64

I thought that the ladders that weren't complete in the original Donkey Kong game were worthless. A little while ago I realized that you could use them to avoid projectiles.

TanookiToadTeam YouTube Channel

Loves the GB, Mario Kart, SNES, Smash Bros, GC, Wii and mostly anything else Nintendo!

I believe that good things come to those who work – Wilt Chamberlain

Previous: 4 Player MK64 Mirror Mode Mushroom Cup
Next: 4 Player MK64 Mirror Mode Flower Cup

Twitter:

Oragami

Pretty much 50% of Majora's Mask made more sense after I was 13

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

argh4430

That in Final Fantasy VI, Emperor Gestahl doesn't have a dog head. It's just an elaborate hat. Also, the protagonist and female lead of Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana look the same.

argh4430

Nintendo Network ID: Snyder78

Meowpheel

That the original Resident Evil has an alternate beginning sequence where you never see the video of the zombie turning his head at you.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CrazyOtto

The box art for the Japanese version of the Sega Genesis/MD's "The Ooze" is probably the weirdest video game box art of all time.

http://segaretro.org/The_Ooze

NintendoFan64

That Super Mario Sunshine contains a reference to The Shining.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

NintendoFan64

Morphbug wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

That Super Mario Sunshine contains a reference to The Shining.

The shadow manta ray at the hotel, right?

Yep.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Mario90125

That Resident Evil 2 takes place during Resident Evil 3.

I'm a Earthbound and Gravity Falls Fan. They're both awesome.

Currently playing:
EarthBound (New 3DS Virtual Console), Donkey Kong Country (New 3DS Virtual Console), Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

KingMike

Reading another site, I find out about another shovelware game I was just find not knowing about.

So in the GBA version of Superman Returns, the man of steel uses his superpowers to CHEAT AT SUDOKU!
Wow, that sounds like an awful idea for someone's crappy parody Flash game, not some kind of alleged electronic "art" that would end up sold in stores.

If there was one character who deserved someone giving them just one GOOD game, just to show it can be done...

KingMike

Nintenjoe64

I didn't know there was a warp to World 8 in Super Mario Bros until I got it on Wii U. I still have my Duck Hunt/SMB cart in my NES at home and somehow never found it until I started trying high score runs during the Wii U game drought.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

CrazyOtto

Already little known "High Seas Havoc" platformer for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive also had an even more obscure arcade version which is a modified Genesis/MD game running on an arcade board.

EDIT: Here's a picture
Untitled

Edited on by CrazyOtto

KingMike

That game might have one of the better obscure Genesis soundtracks.
(perhaps explaining why I've heard of more than one bootleg game ripping off its sound)

KingMike

Vee_Flames

Don't laugh...
I just recently noticed Ganondorf is a clone of Capt. Falcon...
And by recently I mean a few months ago, despite owning Brawl for over 7 years...

Edited on by Vee_Flames

"Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandela
1 Corinthians 10:13, Philippians 2:14 and Galatians 2:20. Read 'em!
My Mario Maker stages! https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/VolcanoFlames

Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

CrazyOtto

BearHunger wrote:

@VeeFlamesNL He was more of a/more obviously a clone in Melee than in anything else.

I actually remember reading somewhere that Sakurai said that Ganondorf almost didn't make it to Melee.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic