Forums

Topic: Things you didn't know about certain video games for years

Posts 361 to 380 of 409

Jacob717

In Pac-Man World 2, I didn't know about the shortcuts at 3:37, or 18:00, or that you can time you can beat the Whale boss quickly by hitting all four propellers, right before the last then, then hit each of them all at once, or that you can completely skip most of Ghost Bayou, and that if you kill yourself after each checkpoint in the final boss, you get two free hits.

Jacob717

Rumorlife

Sergio151 wrote:

I didn't know that when you change the town theme in AC: NL, it only affects the tune of when you are greeted by someone.

Also the clock bell on the hour and it plays really fast as a door chime when you enter certain buildings like your house and I think Harriett's Salon & Kicks.

Rumorlife

FX29

I never knew you could continue in the original Super Mario Bros, if you got a game over. Can't believe all you do is hold START + A. Played the game ever since I was a kid and only learned about this recently on N Life.

FX29

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7203-6983

Pkmns

I was convinced that the Longshot was in Metroid Zero Mission but not in the original game. I just found that out on YouTube and I am waaaaaay too far in the game to go back and obtain it.

(I hope bumping this old thread is not against the rules!)

Edited on by Pkmns

Pkmns

Danksparce

@Pkmns

Don't worry, its only been a month since nobody posted! (Our general rule is 6 months)

Former Mod.

Dank.

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

unrandomsam

Puyo Puyo uses characters from Madou Monogatari

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Ryu_Niiyama

While I wasn't the person that didn't know this it is bad enough that I need to post. My manager at gamestop just found out that Samus was a woman. He never beat any speed runs so he never saw her sans armor (or helmet) and he never played as her in smash...it wasn't until they split ZSS and even then it took him a few months to put two and two together. After I told him to stop kidding and he swore he wasn't I asked him for his badge...because yeah that's sad. I've never even beaten a metroid game and I know that. He did at least know her name was Samus and not Metroid.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Tasuki

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

While I wasn't the person that didn't know this it is bad enough that I need to post. My manager at gamestop just found out that Samus was a woman. He never beat any speed runs so he never saw her sans armor (or helmet) and he never played as her in smash...it wasn't until they split ZSS and even then it took him a few months to put two and two together. After I told him to stop kidding and he swore he wasn't I asked him for his badge...because yeah that's sad. I've never even beaten a metroid game and I know that. He did at least know her name was Samus and not Metroid.

Just more proof that Gamestop employees know nothing about video games.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Hendesu

I didn't know Klonao was playable in Moto GP until now!

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

ZukutoBen

In Starfox 64 the team actually have robot Legs which is something I never assumed until I watched Game Theory talking about it a few days ago.Mind was blown.

ZukutoBen

Twitter:

Danksparce

That holding up, select, B doesn't help you catch a pokemon.

Something I didn't realize until Gen 4.

Former Mod.

Dank.

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Troggy

That Sonic Heroes is terrible.

'The suffering of others is the most amusing thing there is' - King Dedede

ekreig

Troggy wrote:

That Sonic Heroes is terrible.

haha. What tipped you off? The voice acting? The repetitive structure? The nausea-inducing special stages? The super power of teamwork?

ekreig

Sample_Text

I was eight when I got Brawl, my first Smash game. Despite that I (thought I) read the entire instruction booklet, it took me two years to figure out what shielding was, and several more months to discover grabbng.

Not much to say here. I like Nintendo. That's about it.

kkslider5552000

I found a secret area in Dry Dry Ruins I never knew existed. HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN HERE? AND WHO HOW WOULD YOU FIND IT WITHOUT HELP?

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I found a secret area in Dry Dry Ruins I never knew existed. HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN HERE? AND WHO HOW WOULD YOU FIND IT WITHOUT HELP?

What was in the secret area? I think I found it and was all like "HOLY SHIZZ HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN HERE?!" during a second run.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

SNESdrunk

In Super Tennis, if you hold L or R while hitting the ball, you can put side spin on your shots

In Gradius III, the Konami code... kills you. But if you replace left and right with L and R, you'll get all your powerups immediately. But you can only do it once.

In Super Castlevania IV, the last few levels aren't the same as the original Castlevania (what I always assumed since they looked so similar)

http://www.youtube.com/user/1SNESdrunk

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic