Forums

Topic: Things you didn't know about certain video games for years

Posts 361 to 377 of 377

ZanderShepherd

That Miyamoto was Bowser Jr.'s mother. Also, that Miyamoto is/was female.

ZanderShepherd

KingMike

Well, here's something NOBODY knew because it's a game nobody (at least outside Japan) played.

If you're American, please rise for your national anthem, now performed by a Game Boy (well, emulator, yes, but I do actually own the game) courtesy of Human Entertainment.

KingMike

Yoshi

I just found out that in Super Mario World, you can press L and R to replay the castle and fortress levels without having to beat the game/beat it 100%.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

KingMike

Ridiculous that they made you use a code on the GBA version (not only that, a DIFFERENT code) despite that on that version it may be necessary to re-enter them for 100%.

KingMike

BurningSonic

Last week I found out that in Pokemon Leafgreen there is a potion in the player's PC.

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

Mikes

I never knew what that thing in the center of Rogueport is. I then discovered it's a gallows. What's even stranger is that I remember trying to jump through the hole when I was a kid.
MY CHHHIILDHOOOOD!

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

Vinny

In the american version of M&L: Partners in Time, the final boss has much, much more HP than the japanese/european versions. Also, there's a music that should play on the credits that's missing on the US version.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Yoshi

Vinny wrote:

In the american version of M&L: Partners in Time, the final boss has much, much more HP than the japanese/european versions. Also, there's a music that should play on the credits that's missing on the US version.

That's true, but the final boss is also stronger in the Japanese/European version.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

jump

Despite picking up the series from day one I didn't know if a Pokemon is burnt it's attack damage gets reduced til a year or two ago.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

LaVelle

Sorry if this has already been posted but considering it's one of my favourite games of all time - it blew my mind when I found out Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest is actually called Diddy's Kong Quest. I've seen that box art so many times throughout the years and only read it the right way early this year.

LaVelle

CM30

I didn't know Luigi's Mansion was significantly different in Europe, with things like the Hidden Mansion being made more difficult.

This really messed up my attempts at 100% completion, since getting an A rank is only possible in the Hidden Mansion mode for PAL gamers, but it's possible in the normal mode for people playing the American or Japanese versions.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Andyliini

For the longest time, I did not know about a car-advert cutscene in Final Fantasy VII, found in Shinra Building Store. It was probably 10 years after I had first played the game that I found out about it.

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

I was playing Sonic Heroes today and finally realized how to properly grind on a rail. I've always thought you had to keep pressing the button over and over to gain speed... It turns out the all you have to do in hold it down...

The good news from this is I finally got "A" rank for Team Sonic in Rail Canyon! All's well that ends well, I guess.

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Tiefseemiez

arronishere wrote:

Despite picking up the series from day one I didn't know if a Pokemon is burnt it's attack damage gets reduced til a year or two ago.

Wow, me too!
Neither did I know that there were things such as "STAB-attacks", for example. Or how the character of the Pokemon you cought influenced their status.
It needed a Let's Player to teach me those things.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

ErrantEmbers

I never knew what those arrows in Excitebike on NES did. I always thought they were for show. Then someone told me a few months ago they cool your engine so you can keep using turbo. My mind was blown! I can't believe I never knew this!

ErrantEmbers

GamecubeMan

The "Get shine" music is a remix of the death animation tune from Super Mario Bros. 3!!!!!

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.