Retro Forum

Topic: Things you didn't know about certain video games for years

Showing 341 to 360 of 373

AuthorMessage

mystman12

341. Posted:

Kirby Air Ride is a game that, even after all these years of playing it, I still occasionally discover new stuff about it. I recently found out you can spin to dodge attacks, I found a way to get on top of the buildings without a star, (Which I used to think was impossible) and that hitting the top of a box with a Wheelie Scooter will cause you to go flying across the city.

I don't believe it! I won't believe it! There isn't a pinball right here! What kind of world do we live in, where there isn't a pinball right here? Well, I'm going to do my part! I'm gonna— umm... build a pinball! - Homestar Runner (Sort of)
Future Pinball blog
Infinite Office for PTC!

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter: mystman12

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

342. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

I just learned that Duck Hunt for NES is a two player game. The 2nd player controls the direction of the ducks using the NES control pad. D:
The back of the box says 1 or 2 player but doesn't go into any specifics.
Untitled
All these years later, I'm just now discovering this! /mind blown :O

We used to have a lot of fun with this back in the day when one person would be playing and didn't know that another one of us was controlling the duck, so the person shooting would be missing every shot. :D

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 25 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 13 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

343. Posted:

Untitled

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

KingMike

344. Posted:

I thought Wario's voice was changed because of censorship (didn't he says something like "OH MY GOD!" in the Japanese version?).

KingMike

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

345. Posted:

@KingMike: You mixed it up with Mario Party 1.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

KingMike

346. Posted:

Is it just me or does the Pokemon "get item" sound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RIXFMNGoXk
sounds like the Final Fantasy Mystic Quest new party member music?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fCNWjOMba8

KingMike

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

347. Posted:

The Master System was actually Sega's second console. The SG-1000 was released in Japan and had a very limited release in Europe and Australia but it was not released in North America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SG-1000

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

KingMike

348. Posted:

Master System is sort of an upgraded SG-1000 (which is made out of the same stuff as the MSX1 and Colecovision).
(as the MS is backward-compatible, but the BIOS in western consoles won't be able to detect the cart, even if you have a pin converter)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

DanMan82

349. Posted:

This:

"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome."- Michael Jordan
“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.” – ?????

AuthorMessage

brooks83

350. Posted:

I've played the game since it originally came out, but for some reason I never realized the Sunken Ghost Ship in Super Mario World is actually an airship from Super Mario Bros. 3.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

351. Posted:

In Europe and Australia, Sonic the Hedgehog 1 was released before Super Mario Bros 3.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

KingMike

352. Posted:

Reading early EGMs, Konami wanted to release Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa in North America as "Babyland" but Nintendo told them the game wasn't good enough. They needed those chips for games like Back to the Future! :P

KingMike

AuthorMessage

SuperMalleo

353. Posted:

There's actually a successor to the TurboGrafx-16 called the PC-FX, released only in Japan in 1994. It barely caught on the market, much like the Pippin.
Untitled
The kicker? There's hentai games on it. I'm not kidding.

Edited on by SuperMalleo

Plumber extraordinaire at your service.
配管工の非凡なあなたのサービスで。
YouTube Channel | Miiverse | deviantART | Hatena

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage

epicdude12302

354. Posted:

When I was little, I always thought that Samus was a guy.

epicdude12302

3DS Friend Code: 2337-3746-2563 | Nintendo Network ID: epicmatt12302

AuthorMessage

KingMike

355. Posted:

Not really surprising about Samus, the NES manual DID call her a dude. (apparently even the Japanese manual specified her as a male, even though it's easier to just ignore in Japanese)

About the PC-FX, wasn't that nearly its entire library? :P
(so I hear one of the few good non-hentai games for it costs over 300 bucks now and yet you could beat it in about a half hour)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

356. Posted:

I'm not gonna lie. I've never played Super Mario RPG and didn't care about it so I know nothing about it so:
I always thought Geno was a Digimon. . . I **** you not.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

357. Posted:

CRASH BANDICOOT HAD A TOY LINE!?

:(

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

SuperMalleo

358. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

CRASH BANDICOOT HAD A TOY LINE!?

:(

He even got his own car!
Untitled

Edited on by SuperMalleo

Plumber extraordinaire at your service.
配管工の非凡なあなたのサービスで。
YouTube Channel | Miiverse | deviantART | Hatena

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

359. Posted:

That Punch-Out!! spawned a lineup of crappy toys featuring old geezer Mac. :*
Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

360. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

Reading early EGMs, Konami wanted to release Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa in North America as "Babyland" but Nintendo told them the game wasn't good enough. They needed those chips for games like Back to the Future! :P

:D

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)