Forums

Topic: Things you didn't know about certain video games for years

Posts 341 to 360 of 377

Hendesu

I didn't know Klonao was playable in Moto GP until now!

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Super8-BitBen

In Starfox 64 the team actually have robot Legs which is something I never assumed until I watched Game Theory talking about it a few days ago.Mind was blown.

Super8-BitBen

Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

That holding up, select, B doesn't help you catch a pokemon.

Something I didn't realize until Gen 4.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Troggy

That Sonic Heroes is terrible.

'The suffering of others is the most amusing thing there is' - King Dedede

Sample_Text

I was eight when I got Brawl, my first Smash game. Despite that I (thought I) read the entire instruction booklet, it took me two years to figure out what shielding was, and several more months to discover grabbng.

Not much to say here. I like Nintendo. That's about it.

kkslider5552000

I found a secret area in Dry Dry Ruins I never knew existed. HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN HERE? AND WHO HOW WOULD YOU FIND IT WITHOUT HELP?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I found a secret area in Dry Dry Ruins I never knew existed. HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN HERE? AND WHO HOW WOULD YOU FIND IT WITHOUT HELP?

What was in the secret area? I think I found it and was all like "HOLY SHIZZ HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN HERE?!" during a second run.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SNESdrunk

In Super Tennis, if you hold L or R while hitting the ball, you can put side spin on your shots

In Gradius III, the Konami code... kills you. But if you replace left and right with L and R, you'll get all your powerups immediately. But you can only do it once.

In Super Castlevania IV, the last few levels aren't the same as the original Castlevania (what I always assumed since they looked so similar)

http://www.youtube.com/user/1SNESdrunk

KingMike

Bases Loaded (Moero Pro Yakyuu), Bases Loaded: The Second Season (Moero Pro Yakyuu '88), Goal! (Moero! Pro Soccer), Racket Attack (Moero Pro Tennis), Hoops (Moero Junior Basket), Moero! Judo Warriors (the only one not released in English)

KingMike

CrazyOtto

KingMike wrote:

Bases Loaded (Moero Pro Yakyuu), Bases Loaded: The Second Season (Moero Pro Yakyuu '88), Goal! (Moero! Pro Soccer), Racket Attack (Moero Pro Tennis), Hoops (Moero Junior Basket), Moero! Judo Warriors (the only one not released in English)

Thank you!

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

shaneoh

It was years before I knew there was an inventory and level up system in Deus Ex. Once I found out, I was able to leave the docks in the demo (in all fairness, all previous shooters I had played were just run and gun).

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Retro_on_theGo

I was searching on eBay for Megaman X5 and instead found out Megaman X8 had a toy line released along side it. They're more like packaged gashapon toys, but still really cool. It's pretty weird, I guess Capcom was banking on X8 being a big return to greatness for the X series. Now I really want these. All of them. Forgive me wallet!

They don't seem rare, just hard to find. People seem to be putting them up on eBay for more than they're worth since they're fairly cheaper on other sites. Just gotta find one that has Zero and Axl in stock.

CanisWolfred

I remember those toys. I used to see them in KB Toys a little while before they went out of business (or at least the one in my area closed, which was 2005 or 6 I believe). They looked really cool, I wish I had gotten one as a kid...but then again, in 2006 I would've been 14. A little late to have been playing with toys...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Vinny

Pac Man World has widescreen support. Most TVs sold at the time had a 4:3 ratio, though.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Tasuki

CanisWolfred wrote:

I remember those toys. I used to see them in KB Toys a little while before they went out of business (or at least the one in my area closed, which was 2005 or 6 I believe). They looked really cool, I wish I had gotten one as a kid...but then again, in 2006 I would've been 14. A little late to have been playing with toys...

Yep I remember that exactly. There was KB Toys in my mall and they had them as well never saw them in Toys R Us, Walmart or any other place besides KB. They were clearenced out too and I remembering buying my son a bunch of them, sadly I dont know what happened to them. More then likely either they were sent off to Goodwill when he got older by his mother or they just got lost/fell apart cause of how much he use to play with them.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Captain_Toad

So apparently in Mario Bros 3, the chain chomp's chain link can break after the chain chomp tugs a few times.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

KingMike

It's not just a few. As I recall it's like 100 or so game-seconds, a good part of your time limit spent waiting to watch.

KingMike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.