Forums

Topic: Things you didn't know about certain video games for years

Posts 321 to 340 of 377

NintendoFan64

Morphbug wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

That Super Mario Sunshine contains a reference to The Shining.

The shadow manta ray at the hotel, right?

Yep.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

KingMike

Reading another site, I find out about another shovelware game I was just find not knowing about.

So in the GBA version of Superman Returns, the man of steel uses his superpowers to CHEAT AT SUDOKU!
Wow, that sounds like an awful idea for someone's crappy parody Flash game, not some kind of alleged electronic "art" that would end up sold in stores.

If there was one character who deserved someone giving them just one GOOD game, just to show it can be done...

KingMike

Nintenjoe64

I didn't know there was a warp to World 8 in Super Mario Bros until I got it on Wii U. I still have my Duck Hunt/SMB cart in my NES at home and somehow never found it until I started trying high score runs during the Wii U game drought.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

CrazyOtto

Already little known "High Seas Havoc" platformer for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive also had an even more obscure arcade version which is a modified Genesis/MD game running on an arcade board.

EDIT: Here's a picture
Untitled

Edited on by CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

KingMike

That game might have one of the better obscure Genesis soundtracks.
(perhaps explaining why I've heard of more than one bootleg game ripping off its sound)

KingMike

veeflames

Don't laugh...
I just recently noticed Ganondorf is a clone of Capt. Falcon...
And by recently I mean a few months ago, despite owning Brawl for over 7 years...

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

CrazyOtto

BearHunger wrote:

@VeeFlamesNL He was more of a/more obviously a clone in Melee than in anything else.

I actually remember reading somewhere that Sakurai said that Ganondorf almost didn't make it to Melee.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Jacob717

In Pac-Man World 2, I didn't know about the shortcuts at 3:37, or 18:00, or that you can time you can beat the Whale boss quickly by hitting all four propellers, right before the last then, then hit each of them all at once, or that you can completely skip most of Ghost Bayou, and that if you kill yourself after each checkpoint in the final boss, you get two free hits.

Jacob717

Rumorlife

Sergio151 wrote:

I didn't know that when you change the town theme in AC: NL, it only affects the tune of when you are greeted by someone.

Also the clock bell on the hour and it plays really fast as a door chime when you enter certain buildings like your house and I think Harriett's Salon & Kicks.

Rumorlife

FX29

I never knew you could continue in the original Super Mario Bros, if you got a game over. Can't believe all you do is hold START + A. Played the game ever since I was a kid and only learned about this recently on N Life.

FX29

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7203-6983

Pkmns

I was convinced that the Longshot was in Metroid Zero Mission but not in the original game. I just found that out on YouTube and I am waaaaaay too far in the game to go back and obtain it.

(I hope bumping this old thread is not against the rules!)

Edited on by Pkmns

Pkmns

LaserdiscGal

@Pkmns

Don't worry, its only been a month since nobody posted! (Our general rule is 6 months)

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

unrandomsam

Puyo Puyo uses characters from Madou Monogatari

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Ryu_Niiyama

While I wasn't the person that didn't know this it is bad enough that I need to post. My manager at gamestop just found out that Samus was a woman. He never beat any speed runs so he never saw her sans armor (or helmet) and he never played as her in smash...it wasn't until they split ZSS and even then it took him a few months to put two and two together. After I told him to stop kidding and he swore he wasn't I asked him for his badge...because yeah that's sad. I've never even beaten a metroid game and I know that. He did at least know her name was Samus and not Metroid.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Tasuki

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

While I wasn't the person that didn't know this it is bad enough that I need to post. My manager at gamestop just found out that Samus was a woman. He never beat any speed runs so he never saw her sans armor (or helmet) and he never played as her in smash...it wasn't until they split ZSS and even then it took him a few months to put two and two together. After I told him to stop kidding and he swore he wasn't I asked him for his badge...because yeah that's sad. I've never even beaten a metroid game and I know that. He did at least know her name was Samus and not Metroid.

Just more proof that Gamestop employees know nothing about video games.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.