Forums

Topic: Things you didn't know about certain video games for years

Posts 301 to 320 of 377

CrazyOtto

The Master System was actually Sega's second console. The SG-1000 was released in Japan and had a very limited release in Europe and Australia but it was not released in North America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SG-1000

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

KingMike

Master System is sort of an upgraded SG-1000 (which is made out of the same stuff as the MSX1 and Colecovision).
(as the MS is backward-compatible, but the BIOS in western consoles won't be able to detect the cart, even if you have a pin converter)

KingMike

DanMan82

This:

"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome."- Michael Jordan
“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.” – ?????

brooks83

I've played the game since it originally came out, but for some reason I never realized the Sunken Ghost Ship in Super Mario World is actually an airship from Super Mario Bros. 3.

brooks83

CrazyOtto

In Europe and Australia, Sonic the Hedgehog 1 was released before Super Mario Bros 3.

CrazyOtto

KingMike

Reading early EGMs, Konami wanted to release Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa in North America as "Babyland" but Nintendo told them the game wasn't good enough. They needed those chips for games like Back to the Future!

KingMike

epicmatt12302

When I was little, I always thought that Samus was a guy.

epicmatt12302

3DS Friend Code: 2337-3746-2563 | Nintendo Network ID: epicmatt12302

KingMike

Not really surprising about Samus, the NES manual DID call her a dude. (apparently even the Japanese manual specified her as a male, even though it's easier to just ignore in Japanese)

About the PC-FX, wasn't that nearly its entire library?
(so I hear one of the few good non-hentai games for it costs over 300 bucks now and yet you could beat it in about a half hour)

KingMike

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

Reading early EGMs, Konami wanted to release Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa in North America as "Babyland" but Nintendo told them the game wasn't good enough. They needed those chips for games like Back to the Future!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

shaneoh

WaveBoy wrote:

That Punch-Out!! inspired a lineup of crappy toys.
Untitled

That's scary, looks like there are shelves of heads, and King Hippo looks like a butter man who is slowly melting.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

ZurrrrBlattTron

I used to think as a kid that Super Mario 64 was the 64th game in the series up until I was like 13-14 xD

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

TanookiToad64

I thought that the ladders that weren't complete in the original Donkey Kong game were worthless. A little while ago I realized that you could use them to avoid projectiles.

TanookiToadTeam YouTube Channel

Loves the GB, Mario Kart, SNES, Smash Bros, GC, Wii and mostly anything else Nintendo!

I believe that good things come to those who work – Wilt Chamberlain

Previous: 4 Player MK64 Mir...

3DS Friend Code: 1478-5591-8095 | Twitter:

Oragami

Pretty much 50% of Majora's Mask made more sense after I was 13

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

argh4430

That in Final Fantasy VI, Emperor Gestahl doesn't have a dog head. It's just an elaborate hat. Also, the protagonist and female lead of Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana look the same.

argh4430

3DS Friend Code: 3695-1354-4936 | Nintendo Network ID: Snyder78

Eel

That the original Resident Evil has an alternate beginning sequence where you never see the video of the zombie turning his head at you.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CrazyOtto

The box art for the Japanese version of the Sega Genesis/MD's "The Ooze" is probably the weirdest video game box art of all time.

http://segaretro.org/The_Ooze

CrazyOtto

NintendoFan64

That Super Mario Sunshine contains a reference to The Shining.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.