Retro Forum

Topic: Things you didn't know about certain video games for years

Showing 281 to 300 of 364

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

281. Posted:

Just found this out recent. But a dental imagine equipment company bought the mold plates for the Atari Jaguar system to use as a casing for a dental camera.

Untitled

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

anthonypokemon

282. Posted:

in super mario world, its possible for Yoshi to eat Blargs

anthonypokemon

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

283. Posted:

DonkeyKong Country and DonkeyKong Country Returns, both came out on November 21 in the US.

In Sonic 3 & Knuckles's Carnival night zone act 3, playing as Hyper Sonic or Super Tails, you can find your way into an unfinished part of the game near the end of the level. Where all the platforms are not solid.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Forral

284. Posted:

In Metal Gear Solid, the boss fight against Psycho Mantis, I never knew you could plug the controller into the second slot and not have your mind read by him. However I plowed on and managed to defeat him by using pretty much every bit of ammo I had. I learnt later on from friends about this and they couldn't believe I had made it through. I did feel a bit embarrassed and proud at the same time, a weird combo :)

Forral

AuthorMessage

KingMike

285. Posted:

LordJumpMad wrote:

DonkeyKong Country and DonkeyKong Country Returns, both came out on November 21 in the US.

Well, I knew that since it was out. And I was disappointed they didn't remake the original commercials.
(I mean the game technically still wasn't on any CD consoles or 32X :D )

KingMike

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

286. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

I didnt realize this until today when I was watching an LP of Mega Man X5 that the North American names for the bosses are all named after members of the band Guns N Roses. Lol

Dude, I recall trying to tell you that years ago, but you missed it. :(

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

287. Posted:

The Kremlings were originally going to be enemies in a new Battletoads game, not in Donkey Kong Country.
Untitled
Untitled

Rise and shine with the Captain!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

288. Posted:

@CanisWolfred: Did you? You are right I must have missed that and now I am trying to remember when. My apologies man.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Moviefan2k4

289. Posted:

I don't remember how long it took me to find out about Biggoron's Sword in "Ocarina of Time", or that using the Lens of Truth would make reaching that last Heart Piece much less of a headache. I also remember being absolutely thrilled at around age 12, when a friend showed me the warps in the original "Super Mario Bros." game. It took me a long time to even think of shooting Bowser with fireballs.

God, guns, and guts made America; let's keep all three.

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

290. Posted:

Puzzle Bobble (Bust a Move) has the enemies from Bubble Bobble inside the Bubbles. (Suppose that is quite a common one).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

291. Posted:

Kamek in Yoshi's Island...
Untitled
is actually male.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Captain Toad 4 Smash!
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

CM30

292. Posted:

mariobro4 wrote:

Kamek in Yoshi's Island...
Untitled
is actually male.

You're not the only one, from what I can tell online, Kamek's gender is one of the most often confused things about the Mario series, along with Birdo's gender and Antasma's gender (from Mario & Luigi Dream Team). Didn't make that mistake myself though.

As for myself, mostly localisation stuff I didn't know about. Like how Luigi's Mansion had changed the Hidden Mansion and game structure in the PAL version, so you HAD to beat the Hidden Mansion to get enough money/treasure for an A rank. That really messed me up, especially given how it seems most walkthroughs are written by Americans.

Or that the e-Reader functionality was removed from the PAL version of Super Mario Advance 4 (without gameshark/action replay usage). Thanks for making that clear internet, only after I'd imported an e-Reader!

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

KingMike

293. Posted:

Birdo's gender is simply a censorship issue.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

294. Posted:

The Castle Music from Yoshi's Island is extremely similar to the bass line as Ocarina of Time's Song of the Storms! :o

Edited on by GamecubeMan

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

SNES_JRPG

295. Posted:

In SSBM the big blue stage is as good if not better then final destination. Crazy platforming battles at high speeds!

SNES_JRPG

AuthorMessage

Conellossus

296. Posted:

In the special world of Super Mario World, if you stay in the world map screen for a few minutes you can hear the original SMB theme song playing, similar to all-stars version.

I like to play Nintendo games (for a living :P)
I support Wii U.
I love my brother.
I like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, and Donkey Kong.

AuthorMessage

KingMike

297. Posted:

It's actually the Special World map screen.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

298. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Just found this out recent. But a dental imagine equipment company bought the mold plates for the Atari Jaguar system to use as a casing for a dental camera.

Untitled

I remember when I first saw this. I couldn't believe that's what happened. But eh Atari had to try to make a quick buck some how.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

KingMike

299. Posted:

Atari wasn't making a quick buck. The HotRod company bought it in the liquidation sale after Atari died, and they needed to sell as much of their assets as possible.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

supermario182

300. Posted:

my brother just realized this and pointed it out to me. in link to the past, what i always though was agahnims face, was actually his headband.

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.