Forums

Topic: Things you didn't know about certain video games for years

Posts 281 to 300 of 377

FishieFish

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

Apparently Bert was going to be in Marvel vs Capcom.
Untitled

..Whaa, what?

"No one said you could touch."

Deathgaze

I always misread Donkey Kong Country 2's subtitle as Diddy Kong's Quest. 20 years later I was digging around for my old copy, found it and discovered it's Diddy's Kong Quest. You so clever, Rareware.

Deathgaze

Nintendo Network ID: Deathgaze

MeWario

Jowy wrote:

I always misread Donkey Kong Country 2's subtitle as Diddy Kong's Quest. 20 years later I was digging around for my old copy, found it and discovered it's Diddy's Kong Quest. You so clever, Rareware.

Aw wah, me too! Always called it Diddy Kong's Quest till about 2 years ago It's much cleverer as Diddy's Kong Quest haha

It's Wario time Yaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

KingMike

In Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest, the Status screen only updates the ally's resistance info when SRAM is loaded. It's only a visual bug (luckily the Armor screen is correct, and most importantly the battle engine reads it correctly), but what a serious bug to creep in.
Thank you Virtual Console Suspend Points for making me realize that. (if you care enough to fix it, you'll have to save and Reset ASAP after an ally joins you.)

KingMike

2Pac

I didn't know that Samas was a girl.

the switch is pretty cool.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6550-4870 | Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

KingMike

Things nobody knew:
So, this guy appeared on several forums a little while ago, said he was the programmer on the Genesis version of Lufia & the Fortress of Doom. Pretty much described the port as "Taito got the biggest scam ever", saying it never really got farther than the title screen and a single dungeon test map.
Says Taito pretty much expected his company to port the game just by playing the SNES version.
... and that is when Taito decided to get back at western society by releasing some caveman game on a caveman console. "In 20 years, they trade their life savings for game. In 30 years, THEY TRADE SOULS!" (okay, maybe that's not what they were really thinking )

KingMike

Drawdler

This isn't about a game, but a game character.

I thought the M in M. Bison stood for Major for years, so he was Major Bison. I only found out that it was Master Bison yesterday...

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

KingMike

Nibelilt wrote:

This isn't about a game, but a game character.

I thought the M in M. Bison stood for Major for years, so he was Major Bison. I only found out that it was Master Bison yesterday...

You haven't heard? It was actually Mike Bison, the boxer. But hoping to avoid being sued by Tyson, Capcom switched three of the bosses' names around for the western release (Sagat got left alone, probably because he was the only returner from SF1. Well, aside from Ryu and Ken.).

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

BearHunger

I didn't know about the Hadoken in Mega Man X. Was there a Shoryuken you could get too?

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

Tasuki

BearHunger wrote:

I didn't know about the Hadoken in Mega Man X. Was there a Shoryuken you could get too?

That was in X2 I believe.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

KingMike

Yes the Shoryuken is in X2.

Indeed the top-right corner is SECRET IS IN THE EASTERNMOST PENINSULA.
And it's unsurprisingly more important in the second quest.

KingMike

bezerker99

I just learned that Duck Hunt for NES is a two player game. The 2nd player controls the direction of the ducks using the NES control pad. D:
The back of the box says 1 or 2 player but doesn't go into any specifics.
Untitled
All these years later, I'm just now discovering this! /mind blown

Edited on by bezerker99

Wolf-EyE

johnny cage on mortal kombat was going to be Jean Claude Van Damme (Johnny Cage=JC=Jean Claude)

becasue of at the time he was filming "the kickboxer" he coulndt accept the role.. so they shanged all the senario and made johnny cade.. sifu Daniel Pesina acted as him

Wolf-EyE

CrazyOtto

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

Uh-oh, now Miiverse is going to be full of request to add Meowth to the roster

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

mystman12

Kirby Air Ride is a game that, even after all these years of playing it, I still occasionally discover new stuff about it. I recently found out you can spin to dodge attacks, I found a way to get on top of the buildings without a star, (Which I used to think was impossible) and that hitting the top of a box with a Wheelie Scooter will cause you to go flying across the city.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

the_shpydar

bezerker99 wrote:

I just learned that Duck Hunt for NES is a two player game. The 2nd player controls the direction of the ducks using the NES control pad. D:
The back of the box says 1 or 2 player but doesn't go into any specifics.
Untitled
All these years later, I'm just now discovering this! /mind blown

We used to have a lot of fun with this back in the day when one person would be playing and didn't know that another one of us was controlling the duck, so the person shooting would be missing every shot.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

KingMike

I thought Wario's voice was changed because of censorship (didn't he says something like "OH MY GOD!" in the Japanese version?).

KingMike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.