Retro Forum

Topic: Things you didn't know about certain video games for years

Showing 241 to 260 of 366

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

241. Posted:

In Ocarina of Time if you shoot the windows im the part when you meet Zelda, a guard pops
up and throws a bomb at you. :o

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

Varia01

242. Posted:

@Dev: The metal mario reflection thing is cool! :O

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

Doge

243. Posted:

Those weird aliens staring at you in the freeze flame galaxy in SMG2

"I wish they'd put Slippy in the new Super Smash Brothers" Said Nobody ever.

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

AuthorMessage

Varia01

244. Posted:

There was a certain chest in Twilight Princess that I didn't know was there for a while. Even worse, it was at the most simple temple: the first one. :D

Edited on by Varia01

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

WildMan

245. Posted:

I didn't know until fairly recently that Birdo is a gender-confused dinosaur..

Edited on by WaLzgi

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

246. Posted:

GamecubeMan wrote:

In Ocarina of Time if you shoot the windows im the part when you meet Zelda, a guard pops
up and throws a bomb at you. :o

Whoat??? No way

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

247. Posted:

I didn't know that in Super Mario 3 the hammers you throw when wearing a Hammer Bros. suit can kill Boos. Found it out on accident like a year ago.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

248. Posted:

That this isn't supposed to be a bean. Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

BandG

249. Posted:

Pikmin 1 & 2 have the same maps.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

250. Posted:

WildTwinVikings wrote:

Not only that, but she's changed her name, too...stealing the moniker of a fellow Mario enemy. She was originally called "Ostro".

From the Super Mario Bros. 2 end credits:

Untitled

Edited on by WaLzgi

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

251. Posted:

Klimbatize wrote:

WildTwinVikings wrote:

Not only that, but she's changed her name, too...stealing the moniker of a fellow Mario enemy. She was originally called "Ostro".

Untitled

Actually that was a mistake. Birdo and Ostro's names were both switched in the western version.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

252. Posted:

LzQuacker wrote:

Klimbatize wrote:

WildTwinVikings wrote:

Untitled

Actually that was a mistake. Birdo and Ostro's names were both switched in the western version.

Interesting that they kept that mistake to this day. In the 3DS VC version this mistake is still in the credits.

AuthorMessage

KingMike

253. Posted:

Klimbatize wrote:

WildTwinVikings wrote:

No, she was originally named Catherine. Nintendo didn't quite get how censorship works, they changed his/her name but left in the fact it's gender-confused in the manual (so I've been told, haven't seen the SMB2 manual myself). :P

KingMike

AuthorMessage

swordx

254. Posted:

That Wave Race is owned by Nintendo.

swordx

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

255. Posted:

I didnt realize this until today when I was watching an LP of Mega Man X5 that the North American names for the bosses are all named after members of the band Guns N Roses. Lol

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

256. Posted:

This must be why Golf was never on the Wii VC
Untitled

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

257. Posted:

Miles "Tails" Prower
Miles Prower
Miles Per Hour

I just saw it on a review of Sonic 2. How did I not get that before?

Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, No More Heroes, Persona 2: IS, Ys 1
Recently beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

258. Posted:

In Animal Crossing on Gamecube, late August was the overall best time for fishing and bug catching, all of the September fish and bugs came out a week early but all of the August stuff hasn't left yet. Jellyfish also replaced Sea Bass during that time making Red Snappers and Barred Knifejaws much easier to catch because of the Jellyfish's smaller shadow size. Also in early September, while the August stuff has left now but the Sea Bass hasn't come back yet making Red Snappers and Barred Knifejaws the only two fish in the ocean (the Salmon are only at the river mouth part of the ocean). Golden opportunity to rake in bells.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

baba_944

259. Posted:

That there's an alternate path in Hill Top Zone (my favorite zone in Sonic 2) and an alternate path to bypass the water in Chemical Plant Zone Act 2.

EDIT: And the shortcut to Labyrinth Zone Act 1

Edited on by baba_944

Who are you?

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

260. Posted:

that kirby's rock/cutter copy abylity in kirby 64 allowed kirby to wall jump(took me 4 years to find out because I dislike using walkthroughs and since it was my first game I wanted to get 100% without any help)

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF