Retro Forum

Topic: Things you didn't know about certain video games for years

Showing 221 to 240 of 350

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

221. Posted:

• Buzzy Beetles are the only SMB1 enemy to never appear in a 3D Mario game, and Buzzy Beetles and Lakitus are the only two SMB1 enemies not in Super Mario 3D Land even though it has Spinies.
  • Dry Bones is playable in Mario Kart DS but not Koopa Troopa. Koopa Troopa wasn't playable in a handheld Mario Kart until Mario Kart 7.
  • The only numbered SMB3 level the Angry Sun appeared in was 8-2. The Sun level in world 2 had it's own icon.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I help keep these threads updated: New 3DS VC games in Japan, Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, and Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

SloppyWriter779

222. Posted:

Something I -have- known for years!

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/18/u-r-mr-gay-message-discover...

on the box and promotional art for Super Mario Galaxy, shiny sparks on certain letters spell out sUpeR MaRio GalAxY, or 'U R MR. GAY'.

Bizarre.... but which letters had sparks on them got changed for SMG 2, heh heh

SloppyWriter779

AuthorMessage

Linkuini

223. Posted:

Even right after reading The Shining, I didn't catch the reference to it in Super Mario Sunshine. Not only is there a haunted hotel, but it gets a visit from a ghostly "obscene manta", as mentioned very briefly in one of the later chapters of Stephen King's classic novel.

SHINE!

Linkuini

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

224. Posted:

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by DestinyMan

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

KingMike

225. Posted:

I never realized that in the Minus World, unlike 2-2/7-2, the midpoint starts Mario inside a pit.
What a ROMhack thing to do! :P (then again, it is a glitch level after all)

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

226. Posted:

Untitled

Untitled

1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Miiverse

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

227. Posted:

Gary's raticate and that gary was a orphan. I knew that the girl in his house was his sister but it never occurred to me he was a orphan. I read the manga to that says his parents died in a car crash but i forgot that until i saw the thing that he was a orphan. I also did not know everything above until i saw it on didyounowgaming.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

CaptainOlimar

228. Posted:

SloppyWriter779 wrote:

on the box and promotional art for Super Mario Galaxy, shiny sparks on certain letters spell out sUpeR MaRio GalAxY, or 'U R MR. GAY'.

I always looked at that like a coincidence. Nintendo wouldn't do that. If they did it on purpose however...They are the ultimate troll.

Hocotate's Best Pilot

AuthorMessage

CM30

229. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

I never realized that in the Minus World, unlike 2-2/7-2, the midpoint starts Mario inside a pit.
What a ROMhack thing to do! :P (then again, it is a glitch level after all)

I never knew that.

I would write some things I didn't know about certain games for years, but my mind's gone blank at the moment.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

230. Posted:

For years, I never knew that the PlayStation was a 32-bit system. I thought it was 64-bit.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

231. Posted:

It took me years to figure out that in Melee you could play with teams hahaha. I stumbled upon it by accident.
Oh and changing the color of your bowling ball in Wii Sports (Also by Accident)

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

Vaharrak

232. Posted:

A friend of mine showed me a little secret about the original Pokemon Red, in the intro sequence where a Gengar and a Nidorino fight.

Let it run once and notice the Nidorino's mouth is not visible in the last frame of the sequence.
Now, reset and pay attention at the intro:
If you press A on the exact moment the Gengar hits the Nidorino, the Gengar will be pushed back a little bit more, evidenced by the fact Nidorino's mouth is now visible in the last frame of the sequence. Were you to press A in any other moment of the sequence, it will cut the scene into the Title Screen.

In all my years, I certainly never knew it. Easter egg or not, I can't find info about it anywhere. Can anyone check it, I was quite startled by it, while my friend said he found it playing short after the game came out.

EDIT: We have experimented with it and apparently while Gengar dashes to actually hit the Nidorino, if you press A you can stop it's dash, making it look like Nidorino is jumping further. I can post pics but I don't know the guidelines.

Edited on by Vaharrak

Bad taste makes a lot more cash than good taste. A LOT.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

233. Posted:

^That's actually pretty damn interesting. I'll have to try that someday.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

234. Posted:

CaptainOlimar wrote:

SloppyWriter779 wrote:

I always looked at that like a coincidence. Nintendo wouldn't do that. If they did it on purpose however...They are the ultimate troll.

Look at Super Mario Galaxy's 2 box. Now let's take the letters out this time: U R M I A Y. Now let's turn this sequence around: Y A I M R U. Now let's use our imagination to spell out a phrase: YA I M, R U (Ya, I am, are you?)? :3

Edited on by Unca_Lz

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

DashChargedShot

235. Posted:

@Lz I knew about the U R Mr Gay thing, but didn't know about that. Lol.

8 Bit Forward, a new forum with articles and review along with (duh!) a fun and friendly community of people!

My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi.

deviantART Profile

Yo dawg

"Yes, people can often be so blinded by their own motivations that they lose sight of the damage they do."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

236. Posted:

I think developers get bored some time and just want to do something fun to see if anyone would notice

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

ogo79

237. Posted:

LordLzGlad wrote:

I think developers get bored some time and just want to do something fun to see if anyone would notice

yep, just like the disney cartoons

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

238. Posted:

Untitled

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

LuigiTheGreenFire

239. Posted:

There is Cheese in Luigi's Mansion?!

I didn't know that until 3 years ago and I refused to believe it until I replayed the game last year.

Nintendo fan for life!

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

240. Posted:

Untitled

Edited on by DestinyMan

1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Miiverse