Forums

Topic: Things you didn't know about certain video games for years

Posts 201 to 220 of 377

KingMike

I never realized that in the Minus World, unlike 2-2/7-2, the midpoint starts Mario inside a pit.
What a ROMhack thing to do! (then again, it is a glitch level after all)

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

zoroarkrules25

Gary's raticate and that gary was a orphan. I knew that the girl in his house was his sister but it never occurred to me he was a orphan. I read the manga to that says his parents died in a car crash but i forgot that until i saw the thing that he was a orphan. I also did not know everything above until i saw it on didyounowgaming.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

CaptainOlimar

SloppyWriter779 wrote:

Something I -have- known for years!

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/18/u-r-mr-gay-message-discover...

on the box and promotional art for Super Mario Galaxy, shiny sparks on certain letters spell out sUpeR MaRio GalAxY, or 'U R MR. GAY'.

Bizarre.... but which letters had sparks on them got changed for SMG 2, heh heh

I always looked at that like a coincidence. Nintendo wouldn't do that. If they did it on purpose however...They are the ultimate troll.

Hocotate's Best Pilot

CM30

KingMike wrote:

I never realized that in the Minus World, unlike 2-2/7-2, the midpoint starts Mario inside a pit.
What a ROMhack thing to do! (then again, it is a glitch level after all)

I never knew that.

I would write some things I didn't know about certain games for years, but my mind's gone blank at the moment.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

For years, I never knew that the PlayStation was a 32-bit system. I thought it was 64-bit.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

HawkeyeWii

It took me years to figure out that in Melee you could play with teams hahaha. I stumbled upon it by accident.
Oh and changing the color of your bowling ball in Wii Sports (Also by Accident)

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Vaharrak

A friend of mine showed me a little secret about the original Pokemon Red, in the intro sequence where a Gengar and a Nidorino fight.

Let it run once and notice the Nidorino's mouth is not visible in the last frame of the sequence.
Now, reset and pay attention at the intro:
If you press A on the exact moment the Gengar hits the Nidorino, the Gengar will be pushed back a little bit more, evidenced by the fact Nidorino's mouth is now visible in the last frame of the sequence. Were you to press A in any other moment of the sequence, it will cut the scene into the Title Screen.

In all my years, I certainly never knew it. Easter egg or not, I can't find info about it anywhere. Can anyone check it, I was quite startled by it, while my friend said he found it playing short after the game came out.

EDIT: We have experimented with it and apparently while Gengar dashes to actually hit the Nidorino, if you press A you can stop it's dash, making it look like Nidorino is jumping further. I can post pics but I don't know the guidelines.

Edited on by Vaharrak

Bad taste makes a lot more cash than good taste. A LOT.

LzWinky

CaptainOlimar wrote:

SloppyWriter779 wrote:

Something I -have- known for years!

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/18/u-r-mr-gay-message-discover...

on the box and promotional art for Super Mario Galaxy, shiny sparks on certain letters spell out sUpeR MaRio GalAxY, or 'U R MR. GAY'.

Bizarre.... but which letters had sparks on them got changed for SMG 2, heh heh

I always looked at that like a coincidence. Nintendo wouldn't do that. If they did it on purpose however...They are the ultimate troll.

Look at Super Mario Galaxy's 2 box. Now let's take the letters out this time: U R M I A Y. Now let's turn this sequence around: Y A I M R U. Now let's use our imagination to spell out a phrase: YA I M, R U (Ya, I am, are you?)? :3

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

I think developers get bored some time and just want to do something fun to see if anyone would notice

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ogo79

LordLzGlad wrote:

I think developers get bored some time and just want to do something fun to see if anyone would notice

yep, just like the disney cartoons

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

LuigiTheGreenFire

There is Cheese in Luigi's Mansion?!

I didn't know that until 3 years ago and I refused to believe it until I replayed the game last year.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

GamecubeMan

In Ocarina of Time if you shoot the windows im the part when you meet Zelda, a guard pops
up and throws a bomb at you.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

FireMario887

@Dev: The metal mario reflection thing is cool!

FireMario887

HankLangley

Those weird aliens staring at you in the freeze flame galaxy in SMG2

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

FireMario887

There was a certain chest in Twilight Princess that I didn't know was there for a while. Even worse, it was at the most simple temple: the first one.

Edited on by FireMario887

FireMario887

Jani-Koblaney

I didn't know until fairly recently that Birdo is a gender-confused dinosaur..

Edited on by LzWinky

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Klimbatize

I didn't know that in Super Mario 3 the hammers you throw when wearing a Hammer Bros. suit can kill Boos. Found it out on accident like a year ago.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.