Forums

Topic: Things you didn't know about certain video games for years

Posts 181 to 200 of 377

KingDunsparce

BleachFan wrote:

Playing as Master Hand in Melee.

Same, I love doing that. Also, everything you can control in the Pikmin 2 Title Screen.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

KingDunsparce

GamecubeMan wrote:

In super mario sunshine the guy you race is the mailman in Majora's Mask.

0_0

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

TheN64Dude

Apparently you can get gold, silver, or bronze rankings on ghosts portraits in Luigi's Mansion

Get "N" or Get Out!

Auracle

In early artwork for Mario, (back when he was Jumpman) he was bald.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Ideal_Hero

@Tanfu
I knew a bunch of this but I didn't know about the the ghost ship level. Cool info. Did you know that an original idea for the main protagonist of the Sonic the Hedgehog series was a caricature of Theodore Roosevelt in pajamas? This character later became Dr. Robotnik/Eggman.

The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identif...

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

CM30

I never knew you needed to play through the Hidden Mansion to 100% complete Luigi's Mansion, at least in the PAL version (they upped the number for coins for an A rank to an amount impossible to get in the normal mansion alone). That really made me confused when I was reading online walkthroughs.

But if you want something real obscure... remember this guy from Mario Land 2?

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Ballbe...

He's the mascot of sorts for the Game Boy Printer. Interesting but kind of unknown reference:

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/printi...

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Terave

I didn't know that Link was holding his sword in his hand in Zelda II. I lways thought the thing he held in front of him was his sword. How come i've never noticed that?
Untitled

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

SMW

I never really thought of the Ego Orbs in Earthbound. I just played through it again and finally realized that they are the size of dinosaurs, meaning that someone must have a HUGE ego. Maybe those things are Pokey's ego? lol

http://earthbound.wikia.com/wiki/Ego_Orb

Edited on by SMW

SMW

GamecubeMan

Swiket wrote:

The announcer for Super Smash Bros. Brawl is also the announcer for "Bill Nye the Science Guy". This baffles me every time.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

iwanttodie

That the psychic type was weak against the three main human fears.

Also that Bronzongs are the most comfortable bells to be on your head.

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

SloppyWriter779

if you punch and knock out the first two soldiers in Perfect Dark : G5 building level, they drop a Crossbow....

ive also mishead various dialogues in video games for years and years. I still cant hear how EA sports guy says 'its in the game?' it sounds like 'to the game'. He also voices Snake in MGS.

ummm, I didnt know what Prisons of the Maw in Rogue Squadron 2 was like for years, because my Gamecube was broken and couldnt load the asteroid-heavy levels. Lol. So i got a new gamecube.

Also, my brother found this last year when playing Zelda Ocarina, and we are a bit freaked out by it.

Edited on by SloppyWriter779

SloppyWriter779

ColdPark

SloppyWriter779 wrote:

if you punch and knock out the first two soldiers in Perfect Dark : G5 building level, they drop a Crossbow....

ive also mishead various dialogues in video games for years and years. I still cant hear how EA sports guy says 'its in the game?' it sounds like 'to the game'. He also voices Snake in MGS.

ummm, I didnt know what Prisons of the Maw in Rogue Squadron 2 was like for years, because my Gamecube was broken and couldnt load the asteroid-
heavy levels. Lol. So i got a new gamecube.

Also, my brother found this last year when playing Zelda Ocarina, and we are a bit freaked out by it.

Wow I've played through Ocarina about 5 times and I've never found that poor soldier.

"Silent, cold and deadly this was the stuff of nightmares, this was ColdPark."

Kujo1597

I didn't know about the Repeat Item right before the Doel boss battle in The Legend of Dragoon for years. Worst part is, it's really good and missable. I also didn't know for years that Rose's Magic really isn't that much better than Dart's. Then again, I never really used Rose up until my last playthough.

I also didn't know for several years that Pokémon in Pokémon Stadium 1&2 have different colours depending on their nicknames. I remember turning the nob on my TV to adjust the colours so they'd look right. It's probably the one thing where I facepalmed after learning that.

Edited on by Kujo1597

I draw Final Fantasy 2 comics and other stuffs: My Colors! 3D Gallery
Current Avatar: Transformers Prime inspired Perceptor
Currently Playing: Tales of Eternia, Pokémon White...

Twitter:

MrArcade

The chicken thing "Ooccoo" from the Legend of Zelda Twilight princess is a really clever name.
#00CC00 is the hexadecimal code for the colour of Links tunic in the original Legend of Zelda for NES.

MrArcade

CrazyOtto
  • Buzzy Beetles are the only SMB1 enemy to never appear in a 3D Mario game, and Buzzy Beetles and Lakitus are the only two SMB1 enemies not in Super Mario 3D Land even though it has Spinies.
  • Dry Bones is playable in Mario Kart DS but not Koopa Troopa. Koopa Troopa wasn't playable in a handheld Mario Kart until Mario Kart 7.
  • The only numbered SMB3 level the Angry Sun appeared in was 8-2. The Sun level in world 2 had it's own icon.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Linkuini

Even right after reading The Shining, I didn't catch the reference to it in Super Mario Sunshine. Not only is there a haunted hotel, but it gets a visit from a ghostly "obscene manta", as mentioned very briefly in one of the later chapters of Stephen King's classic novel.

SHINE!

Linkuini

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.