Forums

Topic: Things you didn't know about certain video games for years

Posts 121 to 140 of 377

TheKingOfTown

Emaan1 wrote:

So everyone ready to have their mind blown?

The tune that plays in Super Mario Bros. 3 when you use the warp flute is the same tune that's in the opening title screen of the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time!

It's also the same theme for the first LOZ's whistle

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

New_3DaSh_XL

I didn't know literally anything about The Legend of Zelda until maybe 2-3 years ago. And I was really bad at video games. And I thought Xbox was made by Nintendo. And I thought Nintendo was owned by Microsoft. I had some crazy idea back then, I have no idea how I thought them up.
Also I didn't know how to sync WiiMotes.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

e-love

I grew up with Nintendo, so its really cool for me to find these things that I didn't realize before!

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Prof_Clayton

I found out that (well its been a year anyway) if you use your 3ds camera and set the view to the left (middle option in the middle row when taking a pic; slide the slider all the way left) and take a pic of a magic eye pictuure. You can see the magic eye picture when viewing the image in 3d! This sort of fits with the theme (it doesn't fit anywhere else anyway)

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

LuigiTheGreenFire

"Luigi's Mansion has cheese in it?" That was my reaction when I was on the Super Mario Wiki. I first played the game around Christmas 2003. I didn't know about the cheese until about 2009.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

Whopper744

Donkey Kong was originally Kamek in Mario Kart 64...found that out a year or two ago.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

MrArcade

In Pokemon Gold/Silver I always thought Bugsy was a woman, unitl HG and SS.

MrArcade

BulbasaurusRex

MrExcite wrote:

At least that's more understandable than Ash thinking Anabel of the Battle Frontier was a guy.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

bub166

MrExcite wrote:

The exact same thing for me as well.

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

Kid_A

I've been playing Ocarina of Time since I was a pretty young child.
But I had no idea that in the Lost Woods, in one of the sections (I forget which one now) there's a hole hidden in a patch of grass, and if you fall down it there's a bunch of Deku Scrubs that'll let you play a game with them. There's a whole minigame I never knew about until like, last month. Crazy. This game has some depth, y'all.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Kaeobais

Kid_A wrote:

I've been playing Ocarina of Time since I was a pretty young child.
But I had no idea that in the Lost Woods, in one of the sections (I forget which one now) there's a hole hidden in a patch of grass, and if you fall down it there's a bunch of Deku Scrubs that'll let you play a game with them. There's a whole minigame I never knew about until like, last month. Crazy. This game has some depth, y'all.

I found that out by accident a long time ago. Definitely well hidden.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

Kaeobais

I just found out minutes ago that the masks actually have passive effects in Ocarina of Time.
E.g. the Bunny Hood causes Stalchildren to not appear in the field while worn.
The Skull Mask causes Keese to not attack you, and allows you to hold more Deku Sticks.
And the Mask of Truth allows you to hold more Deku Nuts.

Huh.

SaKo

That the names of the enemies in super mario land are actually the japanese names of the enemies in super mario bros.

SaKo

Nintendo Network ID: jibberldd5 | Twitter:

e-love

@Shadz, woah, I thought it was just for the looks! Well that and, people laugh at you with the Keaton mask

@jibberldd5 that's craziness, pretty creative of Nintendo to do that!

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Kaeobais

With one player, sure. But with 2 players, it's actually impossible.

And no amount of proof will make me believe otherwise.

KingMike

Right. Because the second-to-last level is supposedly broken and the second player can't move.

KingMike

BulbasaurusRex

It's too bad it doesn't work like the similar Carpet Ride level in the Genesis version of Aladdin where they let you move on after you die 3 times.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

KarrotMan

In Megaman 7 when you select Shademan's stage, hold down the B button and the music of Ghost n Goblins plays instead of the usual theme music:
[youtube:6AIBxVFrAtQ]

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.