zezhyrule

101. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

Untitled

I always thought they were acorns.

Oh wow... I used to think they were some kinda weird pineapple o__o

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

102. Posted:

I haven't played much of Black Ops' Zombie mode until recently, but for all this time, I thought it actually COST you points to board up doors rather than GIVE you points. I'm much better at Black Ops Zombies now. Now I'm the one that feels like everyone else is a noob. lol

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

103. Posted:

That I'm far from the only one who realizes how much of a steaming crap-pile Star Ocean: Till the End of Time is.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

pastasauce

104. Posted:

This isn't really a specific thing, but I didn't notice that most of the games that I liked from my childhood are bad.

Edited on by pastasauce

pastasauce

AuthorMessage

Emaan

105. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

Swiket wrote:

Untitled

I always thought they were acorns.

Oh wow... I used to think they were some kinda weird pineapple o__o

My mind is blown!

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

106. Posted:

Whatever, they're still Pineapples to me! I don't want to believe those are generic-a** intercoms. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

107. Posted:

Haha, I second pineapples.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

Emaan

108. Posted:

Haha that's what I originally thought they were too! :p

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

109. Posted:

When I was hooked on Captain N back in the day I always thought Mother Brain from Metroid(NES) was supposed to look like this.

Untitled

Later on, to my dissapointment I found out she really looked like this...

Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

110. Posted:

I disagree, NES games are much more advanced looking than Captain N.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

111. Posted:

lol yes, with their highly detailed 8-bit pixel work. :p
I loved Mother brains look in captain N, along with her massive lips and grotesque tranny voice haha.
While mother brain in metroid is just a lifeless looking generic brain, which is cool i guess considering metroid was never supposed to be light hearted, goofy and cartoony to begin with. I actually loved the funky designs of the nintendo characters in Captain N EXCEPT simon belmont, they royally screwed him over. :p Captain N definitly was one of the most beautiful looking cartoons out there, fantastic art work all around regardless if the characters looked different than their videogame counter parts. I loved their quirky designs, plus it was just so surreal seeing your favorite videogame characters during the NES era spring to life in Cartoon form in 'VideoLand' Cartoons like this are a rarity to begin with.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

112. Posted:

I much prefer their NES counterparts. The Captain N counterparts of Nintendo characters look so stupid but I hadn't seen how Mother brain looked before so at least now I know what the thing at the end of the first Nin10doh was.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

113. Posted:

I agree I couldnt stand the way Captain N made their characters. I mean come on King Hippo with blue skin???? Did artists even ever play Punch Out?? And than the worst one of all Megaman the only worst drawing of Megaman I have ever seen was on the first Megaman game NA boxart.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

114. Posted:

Mega man was awesome! :D How could you not love his troll sounding voice and the fact that he said 'Mega' in every one of his sentences. I totaly love the quirky & 'bizzare' take on the characters. instead of going with the norm, they did something different and i for one love it. Besides, the show's classic regardless of how their take on the video game characters are. Sure King Hippo had Blue skin, but does skin color seriously make him less awesome? I figure they went with blue instead of pink skin to make him look more monstrous. Besides that's such a minor nit pick in comparison to how they butchered Simon Belmont. :p They nailed the Eggplant wizard, it's easily my favorite rendition of the character all together. :D stop comparing the characters to how they look in the game and enjoy the crazy ride because it's one hell of a good show.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

115. Posted:

Eggplant Wizard and Pit were easily my favorite. Thats what annoys me with Megaman, King Hippo and Simon. Its the fact that they did such awesome jobs on Pit and Eggplant Wizard yet the others it was like WTF???? Of course I also did like their rendition of Link and Zelda but of course nothing beats the Link and Zelda of the Super Mario Super Show Zelda cartoon.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

116. Posted:

You guys are insane and fooled by nostalgia. Captain N is just plain horrible and rushed.

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

Emaan

117. Posted:

I hope Captain N is on youtube because now I HAVE to see this :D

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

118. Posted:

CorporalPegasus wrote:

You guys are insane and fooled by nostalgia. Captain N is just plain horrible and rushed.

All credability lost from the guy who watches the New My little Pony. :p
And no, I'm not fooled by nostalgia, i know i great show when i see it. How in the hell was it rushed? Have you even seen it?
It's 1 million times better than the soulless artifical brain dead uncreative flash animation trash that's spewed out nowadays that's incredibly tough to even sit through.

Most Cartoons from the 80's and early 90's(Along with the magical world of retro-disney years beforehand) have that magical, classical & traditionally animated brilliant look about them. Captain N has that going for it as well regardless if the characters look different. They're still drawn wonderfully well.

For me Captain N is such a fantastic Idea. It looks great, it sounds great and it's a total blast to watch. I know I'm not going to convince anybody who hates it, but that's just how i feel. LOve the Super Mario Bros Super Show and Legend of Zelda as well. "Excuseeeeeeeee meeeeeee Princessss!!!!" lol Link has never been cooler haha.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

119. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

CorporalPegasus wrote:

All credability lost from the guy who watches the New My little Pony.

This.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

120. Posted:

@WaveBoy What's wrong with the new my little pony. I would be happy to discuss your dislikes about the show, but not on this site. Let's move the hatred somewhere where we will not get banned for things we say shall we.

As for things I did not know, I recently found out that gust was originally a normal type move. Also, in R/B/Y, Psychic types had virtually no weaknesses (Dark was not invented at the time and the elements were not as criss-crossed)

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital