Forums

Topic: Things you didn't know about certain video games for years

Posts 101 to 120 of 377

FonistofCruxis

I much prefer their NES counterparts. The Captain N counterparts of Nintendo characters look so stupid but I hadn't seen how Mother brain looked before so at least now I know what the thing at the end of the first Nin10doh was.

Tasuki

I agree I couldnt stand the way Captain N made their characters. I mean come on King Hippo with blue skin???? Did artists even ever play Punch Out?? And than the worst one of all Megaman the only worst drawing of Megaman I have ever seen was on the first Megaman game NA boxart.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

Eggplant Wizard and Pit were easily my favorite. Thats what annoys me with Megaman, King Hippo and Simon. Its the fact that they did such awesome jobs on Pit and Eggplant Wizard yet the others it was like WTF???? Of course I also did like their rendition of Link and Zelda but of course nothing beats the Link and Zelda of the Super Mario Super Show Zelda cartoon.

My Backlog

CorporalPegasus

You guys are insane and fooled by nostalgia. Captain N is just plain horrible and rushed.

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

e-love

I hope Captain N is on youtube because now I HAVE to see this

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Chrono_Cross

WaveBoy wrote:

CorporalPegasus wrote:

You guys are insane and fooled by nostalgia. Captain N is just plain horrible and rushed.

All credability lost from the guy who watches the New My little Pony.

This.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

GuardianKing

@WaveBoy What's wrong with the new my little pony. I would be happy to discuss your dislikes about the show, but not on this site. Let's move the hatred somewhere where we will not get banned for things we say shall we.

As for things I did not know, I recently found out that gust was originally a normal type move. Also, in R/B/Y, Psychic types had virtually no weaknesses (Dark was not invented at the time and the elements were not as criss-crossed)

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

WaveBoy wrote:

And no, I'm not fooled by nostalgia, i know i great show when i see it. How in the hell was it rushed? Have you even seen it?
It's 1 million times better than the soulless artifical brain dead uncreative flash animation trash that's spewed out nowadays that's incredibly tough to even sit through.

Most Cartoons from the 80's and early 90's(Along with the magical world of retro-disney years beforehand) have that magical, classical & traditionally animated brilliant look about them. Captain N has that going for it as well regardless if the characters look different. They're still drawn wonderfully well.

For me Captain N is such a fantastic Idea. It looks great, it sounds great and it's a total blast to watch. I know I'm not going to convince anybody who hates it, but that's just how i feel. LOve the Super Mario Bros Super Show and Legend of Zelda as well. "Excuseeeeeeeee meeeeeee Princessss!!!!" lol Link has never been cooler haha.

a fantastic trolling! Bravo good sir. 9/10

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

e-love

The earlier Spongebob seasons were the BEST. Back on topic, I didn't know that about gust being a normal type move in Pokemon. I'm sure there's plenty of little changes in Pokemon that happened after Generation I.

BulbasaurusRex

ZeroX wrote:

As for things I did not know, I recently found out that gust was originally a normal type move. Also, in R/B/Y, Psychic types had virtually no weaknesses (Dark was not invented at the time and the elements were not as criss-crossed)

That's exactly why they created the Dark type and adjusted the Ghost type (which was not super effective against Psychic back then), as well as created the Shadow Ball and Megahorn attacks in G/S/C. Back in R/B/Y, the Psychic type was extremely broken, as the only super effective attacks against it were Leech Life (which sucks), Twineedle (only learned by sucky Beedrill), and Pin Missile (only learned by Beedrill and Jolteon with its sucky physical attack power). Also, only other Psychic types resisted Psychic type attacks back then. Finally, if the Psychic type could learn Amnesia (which raised both Special Attack and Special Defense by 2 stages back then), you were doubly screwed.

By the way, Sand Attack, Karate Chop, and Bite were also Normal type attacks in R/B/Y. Here's the full list of how the Pokémon games were different in R/B/Y.

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Kyloctopus

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

ZeroX wrote:

That's exactly why they created the Dark type and adjusted the Ghost type (which was not super effective against Psychic back then), as well as creating the Shadow Ball and Megahorn attacks. Back in R/B/Y, the Psychic type was extremely broken, as the only super effective attacks against it were Leech Life (which sucks), Twineedle (only learned by sucky Beedrill), and Pin Missile (only learned by Beedrill and Jolteon with its sucky physical attack power). Also, only other Psychic types resisted Psychic type attacks back then. Finally, if the Psychic type could learn Amnesia (which raised both Special Attack and Special Defense by 2 stages back then), you were doubly screwed.

By the way, Sand Attack, Karate Chop, and Bite were also Normal type attacks in R/B/Y. Here's the full list of how the Pokémon games were different in R/B/Y.

If Mewtwo is strong now, imagine how he was back then?

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

BulbasaurusRex

[quote=ZeroX]

WaveBoy wrote:

I'll admit, i dug the 80's My Little Pony because it also had that classic wonderful look, and animation to it, it was filled with magic(Check out the intro, it's pretty awesome)it's organic animation unlike the New My Little Pony's 'flash animation' which is very simple, computerized and minimal in comparison.. I'm not knocking it because it's "OMGZZZ they're Ponies" I'm all for that(Ponies are awesome, and so are unicorns! ), it's just the look of the show doesn't exactly grab me, decent material aside. That said, it's still probably one of the best Modern cartoons out there and if I were strapped down to a chair and i had to choose a modern cartoon in this day and age, it would be that, SpongeBob(Season 1- 3 preferably) or the new ThunderCats(haven't actually seen it)

But in comparison to something like Captain? C'monnnnn. Different strokes i guess!

I agree that the 90s were an animated reneissance (sp?), but there's still some good stuff on today. My favorite current cartoons are Pokémon (15th season and still going strong), Young Justice, the new Thundercats, Phineas and Ferb, and Naruto Shippuden (although I've actually skipped ahead to all the subbed episodes). It's only had 3 episodes so far, but the new Green Lantern animated series looks promising, and I'm very excited about the new Avatar series (The Legend of Korra) that starts next month.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

e-love

The Pokemon show is really good still even in its 15th season, I'm impressed. I'm also very intrigued by the Legend of Korra series from Avatar, I loved the original run. Anyways, how did this thread get into TV shows?

CorporalPegasus

You say you're not fooled by nostalgia, but you like old MLP because of the "classic" look?
Name a few cartoons from the 80's you dont like, @waveboy, lol.
Oh and when there's scene missing a background a few times, you know a cartoon's rushed.
But heh, if you let me watch a show with sunglass-wearing winged rainbow horse, ill let you watch the Power Glove oracle show.
Well, this went nicely off-topic.

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

FonistofCruxis

The eggplant wizard was the best rendition from Captain N, Pit wasn't too bad and Link and Zelda were okay but the rest were terrible, especially Simon Belmont. The Captain N version of him doesn't even have 1% of the Simon Belmont from the games in him.

Tasuki

Emaan1 wrote:

The Pokemon show is really good still even in its 15th season, I'm impressed. I'm also very intrigued by the Legend of Korra series from Avatar, I loved the original run. Anyways, how did this thread get into TV shows?

Waveboy tends to do that with threads

My Backlog

LyIa

Zelda's not the guy in the green hat.
What? I was 5!

all men are kings 👑

Nintenbro

@Tasuki, there's nothing wrong with a little retro recollection.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

e-love

So everyone ready to have their mind blown?

The tune that plays in Super Mario Bros. 3 when you use the warp flute is the same tune that's in the opening title screen of the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time!

Edited on by e-love

Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.