Showing 1 to 20 of 35
1. Posted: Thu 24th Sep 2009 13:02 BST
During the early nineties, a British Super Nintendo magazine listed a top 100 SNES game list. Chances are a lot of people here have not seen this list so here it is.
100) Cool Spot99) Samurai Spirits98) Hebereke's Popoito97) Uni Rally96) Spike McFang95) Donkey Kong Country94) The Lost Vikings93) Parodius92) Desert Strike91) Kiki Kaikai (aka Pocky and Rocky)90) Side Pocket89) Super Star Wars88) Breath of Fire87) World Masters Golf86) Xandra's Big Adventure (aka Whirlo in Europe)85) Ultimate Parodius84) Jurassic Park83) Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt82) Rampart81) Secret of Evermore80) NFL Quarterback Club '9679) World League Basketball78) Chaos Engine77) Ogre Battle76) Jungle Strike75) Mortal Kombat 274) Street Racer73) Earthworm Jim72) Super Smash TV71) Super Family Tennis70) Lemmings 269) Mortal Kombat 368) Donkey Kong Country 267) Pop 'n' Twinbee66) Sensible Soccer65) Parodius 364) Flashback63) R-Type 362) UN Squadron61) Civilisation60) Super Aleste (aka Space Megaforce)59) Out to Lunch58) Theme Park57) NBA Jam Tournament Edition56) Sparkster55) Micro Machines54) NHL '9653) Micro Machines 252) Prince of Persia51) Mickey's Magical Quest50) TMNT Tournament Fighters49) Super Bomberman 248) Bust-A-Move (aka Puzzle Bobble)47) Equinox46) Soul Blazer45) Killer Instinct44) Breath of Fire 243) Front Mission42) Earthworm Jim 241) Illusion of Gaia (aka Illusion of Time)40) Earthbound39) Super Bomberman 338) Cannon Fodder37) Super Castlevania IV36) Alexay35) Star Fox (aka Star Wing)34) Shadowrun33) Actraiser32) F-Zero31) Chrono Trigger30) Tiny Toons Adventures29) Sim City28) Rock 'n' Roll Racing27) Super Punch-Out!!26) Plok!25) Ganbare Goemon 224) Tetris Battle Gaiden23) Super Bomberman22) Street Fighter II21) Stunt Race FX20) Final Fantasy II19) Cybernator (aka Assault Suit Valken)18) Super Street Fighter II17) Doom16) International Superstar Soccer Deluxe15) Zombies Ate My Neighbours14) Super Tennis13) Kirby's Avalanche (aka Kirby's Ghost Trap, aka Super Puyo Puyo12) Super Contra 3 (aka Super Probotector, aka Contra Spirits)11) Super Mario All-Stars10) Pilotwings9) Super Metroid8) Secret of Mana7) Legend of the Mystical Ninja6) Final Fantasy III5) Yoshi's Island4) Super Mario World3) Super Mario Kart2) Street Fighter II Turbo1) Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.
I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!
2. Posted: Thu 24th Sep 2009 13:41 BST
Very surprised to see Kirby's Avalanche at 13 & Donkey Kong Country 2 at 68.
3. Posted: Thu 24th Sep 2009 13:46 BST
At the time, the Donkey Kong Country series paled in comparison to the new glorious Yoshi's Island. DKC2 was seen as a generic update in comparison to Nintendo's mega classic. I should dig out my copy of the magazine and re-read what they said about it in the article. And Super Play's love for Puyo Puyo was legendary (if you read the magazine).
Edited on Thu 24th September, 2009 @ 13:48 by Bass_X0
4. Posted: Thu 24th Sep 2009 14:23 BST
Well, Kirby's Avalanche is basically just Puyo Puyo and in some circles that game is held in higher regard that Tetris... Also, Super Play UK was notorious in their dislike of the DKC games... The rest of the world however did not agree...
5. Posted: Thu 24th Sep 2009 14:27 BST
Their dislike continues in their spiritual successors - just look at how much NGamer Magazine hates Diddy Kong.
6. Posted: Thu 24th Sep 2009 14:27 BST
NMS loved the DKC, probably a bit too much. Was there no happy medium?
7. Posted: Thu 24th Sep 2009 14:56 BST
I am surprised Tetris/Dr. Mario and TMNT Turtles in Time didn't make the list.
Edited on Thu 24th September, 2009 @ 14:57 by LinktotheFuture
The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926
8. Posted: Thu 24th Sep 2009 15:09 BST
None of the games listed above Super Metroid, except maybe, MAYBE Link to the Past, deserve to be listed above it.
-Mingy Jongo: Crafty Shaman Impersonator
9. Posted: Thu 24th Sep 2009 17:33 BST
No Earthbound? Madness!
Brawl: 4468-0656-5286 (Jesse)
10. Posted: Thu 24th Sep 2009 22:39 BST
Why is Kirby's Avalanche ranked higher than Donkey Kong Country 2?? When the latter is clearly better than the former title? Axelay's been mispelled [hate to be an editor]. Zelda 3 is very worth being number 1. What, wait a minute? Is Terranigma actually not listed there? Because I noticed titles available from NA, EU, and JP; so I assumed it would happen. Guess not. Otherwise, the list is decent. Though I'm surprised Chrono Trigger made it to number 31, being surpassed by all other titles [some of which I'm surprised are Top 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 material]. It's apparent that I haven't played every single game on the list, just 29 of them [Terranigma not included]. But that's just my opinion on the subject. @BlueProtoman - Earthbound is there...at number 40. Though I haven't played it yet.
Edited on Thu 24th September, 2009 @ 22:43 by WanderFan91
Feeling down? Click here
Wanderloggery | dA | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan!!! / "Mustard or Mayo?" =D
Also a fan of Alfonso Cuarón's Gravity, the Kirby series, and all things 16-bit! =)
To each their own
11. Posted: Thu 24th Sep 2009 22:46 BST
I'm pretty sure that rank was release before Terranigma was released in Europe...
12. Posted: Thu 24th Sep 2009 22:47 BST
Oh. Never mind then. [feels overly sheepish]
13. Posted: Thu 24th Sep 2009 22:49 BST
earthbound and mario all-stars should b much higher
Backloggery | Art Blog
Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL
14. Posted: Thu 24th Sep 2009 22:51 BST
Breath of Fire I, Donkey Kong Country 2, SoulBlazer and Chrono Trigger should be much higher as well.
15. Posted: Thu 24th Sep 2009 22:55 BST
This list fails due to the fact that Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, and Earthbound get so low and games like Tiny Toons Adventures beat them(Not Super Metroid).
And correct me if I'm wrong but is Kirby Super Star on here? If it isn't then yea this list is an EPIC FAIL!
Edited on Thu 24th September, 2009 @ 23:00 by Chrono_Cross
16. Posted: Thu 24th Sep 2009 22:55 BST
Well they got #1 right. Also, I'm really glad to see Spike McFang made it.
1.)Why is Jurassic Park on there?2.)Where the **** is Lufia II and Robo Trek?
[insert 25 Cents here to play]
17. Posted: Thu 24th Sep 2009 22:57 BST
There's no Kirby Super Star? FAIL!!! I guess I should've paid attention. There are games from 1990 to 1995. [sigh]
18. Posted: Thu 24th Sep 2009 22:57 BST
No Lufia 2?????? What???? I need to make a Top 100 SNES list.
Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square
19. Posted: Thu 24th Sep 2009 22:59 BST
Lufia 2, as far as my research goes, was released in Japan in '95. But was released in the US in '96. So, apparently, this list mostly shows games that were localized by '95, Lufia 2 and Kirby Super Star not being two of them. But, out of curiosity, is Whirlo any good? That's a game I'm interested in.
20. Posted: Thu 24th Sep 2009 23:00 BST
1.)Why is Jurassic Park on there?
You know the game for the SNES called Jurassic Park? And played it just like me and loved it enough to comment on the lost of the title in this list?I'm starting a fan club! That game was epic.