Forums

Topic: Collector's Corner: The Rare and Expensive Video Games Topic

Posts 201 to 214 of 214

Ryno

Shane76 wrote:

my most valuble game is a mint boxed Conquers bad fur day with instructions, I don't even like the game lol. Will sell it when the time is right.
I

The time is now and I will give you $25 for it.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

Shane76 wrote:

my most valuble game is a mint boxed Conquers bad fur day with instructions, I don't even like the game lol. Will sell it when the time is right.
I

i sure dont care for the game either but forget @Ryno.
upping bid to 26$

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

WackoDaSniper

Nintendo DS Lite Pink Ribbon Edition

Just bought one $130 brand new sealed for my collection. Cant find many online at all.
Heres a pic: Untitled
Anyone remember these? They were a 2008 limited edition run and one sealed is hard to get it seems, none on ebay at all, none on google shopping, and 2 on amazon for $200+.

N64 Hey You Pikachu Promo VHS

I decided to do a little collecting and came across a N64 Hey You Pikachu Promo VHS on Amazon. There was only one on Amazon so I snagged it.
They were in Walmart stores only in 2000 to promote the game. It showed gameplay of the game via VCR.
I picked up a tape still sealed for $25.
Anyone heard of these before? Seems like a unique find
I cant find these things on the internet anywhere. Anyone seen them?

Heres a pic of one, this isnt the copy I bought, just from google.
Untitled

Also, bought a gamecube memory card 259 block, on Amazon used, they sent me a brand new one now i cant open it its sealed NRFB lol

WackoDaSniper

KingMike

So a couple years ago I remember passing up a Game Boy sidescroller called Banishing Racer. Would've cost like $30-something plus commission to buy from amazon Japan.
I think my chances to own the game have vanished.
Last sale on ebay was $265, and with 50 bids, pretty sure the rare game collectors and resellers are on to it. And thus I can post that I'll have to wait for the RDL.

KingMike

andreoni79

I still have 13 games for GBA, mostly Nintendo classics. This games are sold on ebay € 50 each (even more for Minish Cap and Castlevania AoS). A retailer want to buy them so I'd like to know how much should I ask. Is a third of their final value enough in your opinion?
Example: Minish Cap, he will sell it at € 60 in his shop (if and when he finds a buyer) offering me € 20 (much less, but sure money for me).

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

Octane

andreoni79 wrote:

I still have 13 games for GBA, mostly Nintendo classics. This games are sold on ebay € 50 each (even more for Minish Cap and Castlevania AoS). A retailer want to buy them so I'd like to know how much should I ask. Is a third of their final value enough in your opinion?
Example: Minish Cap, he will sell it at € 60 in his shop (if and when he finds a buyer) offering me € 20 (much less, but sure money for me).

You can buy Minish Cap used for about €20. I wouldn't say it's a great deal, but that retailer is crazy if he sells Minish Cap for €60. We are talking about used games right, not sealed games?

Edited on by Octane

Octane

andreoni79

You can buy Minish Cap used for about €20. I wouldn't say it's a great deal, but that retailer is crazy if he sells Minish Cap for €60. We are talking about used games right, not sealed games?

Actually he set prices according to games sold on ebay and, yes, even if used, here in Italy Minish Cap and Castlevania AoS have been sold lately at € 50/60. Don't ask why! However he just offered me a sealed Captain Toad (€40) for both so I think I'm gonna accept!

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

martinskrtel37

andreoni79 wrote:

Actually he set prices according to games sold on ebay and, yes, even if used, here in Italy Minish Cap and Castlevania AoS have been sold lately at € 50/60. Don't ask why! However he just offered me a sealed Captain Toad (€40) for both so I think I'm gonna accept!

man, i hope you didn't trade those valuable GBA games for a new Wii U game.. :

i definitely would not sell old valuable GBA games for 20 euros each. sell them yourself for the price the retailer wants to set! games like golden sun and the minish cap are quite valuable these days.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

KeeperBvK

Octane wrote:

We are talking about used games right, not sealed games?

If they were sealed, they would go for far more. The real question is whether the games are cib or if it's just the loose cartridges.

KeeperBvK

JoshDragon

Don't own anything that's really rare. Kirby Super-Star, Battletoads & Double Dragon SNES, Mega Man X, Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2.

Actually, I remember buying some of the old NES games from FuncoLand for a couple of bucks each (Double Dragon 2, TMNT 1, Ninja Gaiden 2, etc.)

Check out my blog: Gaming with JoshDragon https://gamingwithjoshdragon.wordpress.com/tag/joshdragon/

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Have very few rare things of which if Nintendo is wise, they'll make them common again by releasing on Wii U or 3DS eshop:

• Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (going generally for well over £100 on eBay)
  • Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (~£70 so less rare than PoR but still very expensive for a Wii game)
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy (used to be rare but release on Wii U eshop caused large price drops)
  • Pokémon Soul Silver (~£50 for without the Pokéwalker but rather expensive for a DS game)

I'm regretting selling Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon about 4/5 years ago though as I found the game really dull compared to Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn but after having played the GBA games I want to try it again but can't due to the really high prices.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Super8-BitBen

Most expensive old game I've bought would be Twilight Princess for Gamecube. Paid £48.50 in CEX.I kinda regret it because I had already played the Wii version but I know the gamecube version goes up in value.I own the PAL version of the game and I paid something close to that price for Paper Mario and the thousand year door.PALregion games keep their value well.

Super8-BitBen

Twitter:

Dizzy_Boy

Some people over price their games by far too much.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/King-Fighters-Collection-Orochi-Saga/...
King of Fighters Anthology on the Wii for £99, are they crazy. The avarage price seems to be around the £30 price for this one.
Metal Slug Anthology and Samurai Showdown Anthology are both going for around the £20 - £30 range.
Can't be too bad, I bought all three cheap a few years ago at about £8 each, so there's a nice little profit if I sell them on.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Either that, or he actually wanted to sell it to someone who was (hopefully) going to play it. Even if it's rare, hardly anyone would spend the amount they charge on eBay to play CT on the Super Nintendo when there are about a half-dozen significantly cheaper options available.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.