Forums

Topic: Collector's Corner: The Rare and Expensive Video Games Topic

Posts 181 to 200 of 214

KingMike

I have known that for maybe a couple years, but only because someone on another forum once asked for a label scan or something saying the game was rare.
I'm surprised that the NES version is pretty cheap considering that was a late era game (probably as late as Wayne's World).
Then again maybe R&S popularity dropped between 1993 (NES) and 1995 (SNES).

I did pick up Fire Dogs around then because I knew that was a rental-only game so I picked it up impulse buy for like $20 (cart only), even though it's hard to say if people even wanted to pay that.
Though I think so far the only rental-exclusive game people really care about is Final Fight Guy.

KingMike

the_shpydar

KingMike wrote:

Though I think so far the only rental-exclusive game people really care about is Final Fight Guy.

Don't forget the Clay Fighter Sculptor's Cut exclusive Blockbuster Edition for N64.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

WiiWareWave

I still have Arc Rise Fantasia for the Wii and that is worth $100 used nowadays which is crazy, but then again I also own a nearly mint copy of Suikuden 2 for the PS1 which is impossible to find for under $200 in the current market.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

KingMike

the_shpydar wrote:

KingMike wrote:

Don't forget the Clay Fighter Sculptor's Cut exclusive Blockbuster Edition for N64.

I was specifically thinking of SNES with the post I made but thanks.

KingMike

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Neko_Rukiafan wrote:

I still have Arc Rise Fantasia for the Wii and that is worth $100 used nowadays which is crazy, but then again I also own a nearly mint copy of Suikuden 2 for the PS1 which is impossible to find for under $200 in the current market.

Arc Rise Fantasia is like 25-30 dollars used...new it is like $100.

I want to get Umihara Kawase Jun for the DS but it is like $65 used and that is without the case. With the case and manual it's like $100

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

KarrotMan

Already posted it in the retro purchase thread but I recently acquired a Wonderswan Crystal for a trade value of $60. Had to give away one of my figures for it but it's worth it. The only flaw is that dust easily enters the screen which means I have to remove the casing to blow away the dust

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

unrandomsam

Algus wrote:

Man speaking of Metroid Prime Trilogy, what's up with the huge prices on a lot of out of print games for Gamecube and Wii? Guess there's a lesson to be learned here and I'll have to get the good stuff for the Wii U as it is coming out. Nintendo will always be popular with collectors I suppose.

Don't think the current situation will be the same. People who just want to play it can get digital if the prices are unreasonable.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Ryno

KingMike wrote:

I did pick up Fire Dogs around then because I knew that was a rental-only game so I picked it up impulse buy for like $20 (cart only), even though it's hard to say if people even wanted to pay that.

How many Ren & Stimpy video games were there? I loved that show as a kid but I never wanted to play a video game version. Wasn't *Hagan*e a rental exclusive too?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

KingMike

I believe there were four on the SNES: Veediots, Time Warp, Fire Dogs and Buckeroo$.
I think Buckeroo$ was the only NES, a couple on the Game Boy. Sega made one for the Genesis I think which could be haflway-decent, maybe (since THQ wasn't involved).

I'm not sure if Hagane actually was. I know FFG and R&S:FD are the only ones listed as rental-only in Nintendo Power. Eek the Cat was listed as rental-only but others have said it later got a retail release (I have a cart and manual, the manual has warranty info which I'd think be unnecessary for a rental game). The only other I'm sure of is Clay Fighter: Tournament Edition which was made especially for a Blockbuster tournament (so the game was released there a couple months before so people could play it for practice). 3 Ninjas Kick Back was listed RO in GamePro but it seems the game came with a poster (which, like the box and manual are now insane collector items), which also would seem unneeded for a RO.
Unless they plan to rent the poster! (idea for ogo)

KingMike

bezerker99

I have an unlicensed Tengen Gauntlet for NES cartridge (no box). How rare are those black unlicensed Tengen NES carts?

Also, reading through this thread, some other games I saw mentioned as being rare that I have are Xenoblade Chronicles, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Conker's Bad Fur Day. All of those games I have the box and instruction manuals and everything.

KingMike

Tengen games are pretty common. It's only Tetris that's kind of rare (because it will recalled a month after release, but it sold pretty well that one month it was available).
I don't think Xenoblade or Metroid Prime Trilogy are as rare since GameStop reprinted them (and after the price-gouging controversy they slowly dropped it back to the real price).

KingMike

ogo79

Untitled
coming to an RDL program near you

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

I don't know there, ogo, I think you might be making an assumption Americans have heard of Spectrum.
(even Commodore was probably not well known by modern gamers on VC)

KingMike

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

I don't know there, ogo, I think you might be making an assumption Americans have heard of Spectrum.
(even Commodore was probably not well known by modern gamers on VC)

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

cheetahman91

I've heard of that game ogo posted. Publisher Firebird even went as far as encouraging people to pirate it! I need to get a Spectrum emulator to see how bad it really is (can't be any worse than Action 52).

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Super8-BitBen

I just bought the PAL version of Twilight Princess on Gamecube.I know it's rare but how rare is it really.I bought it in CEX for £48 and I'm thinking of selling for more like maybe £55 but I took the cover sleeve out and there are a few tears that I didn't notice till I took the sleeve out.It came with the Manual and everything and the disc is working perfectly soo far.

Super8-BitBen

Twitter:

Octane

ZukutoBen wrote:

I just bought the PAL version of Twilight Princess on Gamecube.I know it's rare but how rare is it really.I bought it in CEX for £48 and I'm thinking of selling for more like maybe £55 but I took the cover sleeve out and there are a few tears that I didn't notice till I took the sleeve out.It came with the Manual and everything and the disc is working perfectly soo far.

What's the point in buying a game if you're going to sell it right away?

Octane

Super8-BitBen

I am going to fully play it but want to make a profit after I'm done with it if I want to sell it. £48 is alot of money for a old game that I have played before on the Wii.

Super8-BitBen

Twitter:

Octane

ZukutoBen wrote:

£48 is alot of money for a old game that I have played before on the Wii.

I don't think it's reasonable if you complain about that, with the intention to sell the game for even more.

Octane

Super8-BitBen

I wasn't preparing to buying this game though but I thought heck I live once and I do want to play this game on the Gamecube.I can't really afford to spend that much money on a game that was pre owned and in that condition.Really they should've charged £40 because the cover wasn't in all that great condition for what I'm paying for.To me it's like asking someone which Windwaker they'd rather have if they have both consoles and were offered A copy of Wind Waker Pre Owned or Wind Waker HD for the same price as the pre owned one.Wouldn't you rather have the improved version since it's brand new and better and there is no risk of it not working.

Super8-BitBen

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.