Retro Forum

Topic: The price of earthbound (mother 2)

Showing 1 to 17 of 17

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Croprotation

1. Posted:

Do people think that's the cost of Earthbound will drop or is dropping. Even though it is coming to Wii U I would still like to own a copy. I thought Harvest Moon's price might have dropped for similar reasons but that is still pretty high.

Croprotation

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

2. Posted:

No, it will not drop. There are a million and one copies off Final Fantasy II and III and Chrono Trigger along with them being available on the Wii VC and their price is only continuing to go up.

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Croprotation

3. Posted:

It always seemed a really high price to me. I know it's rare but still a complete boxed game was going for around £4000. That's silly money. I'm not a perfectionist so I just want the cart bit even that is out of my price range.

Croprotation

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

4. Posted:

Croprotation wrote:

It always seemed a really high price to me. I know it's rare but still a complete boxed game was going for around £4000. That's silly money. I'm not a perfectionist so I just want the cart bit even that is out of my price range.

Such is the nature of collecting.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 12 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 1 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Croprotation

5. Posted:

I guess people will pay as much as they are willing to spend on something they want.

Croprotation

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

6. Posted:

:*

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

7. Posted:

Well, EarthBoundCentral has pointed out the price has been dropping since the WiiU announcement.
But it's probably not going to return to the general area of $30 loose/$50 complete it was until about 2007, which the price inflation started.

KingMike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

8. Posted:

speaking of which, you guys ever think maybe nintendo announced the release of earthbound for wii u early, so instead of buying the game on ebay you can save your money and just buy a wii u instead?...its around the same price

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Croprotation

9. Posted:

I wasn't going to get a wii u just yet as I'm not that into next gen games. I was going to wait for a couple of years for the price to drop and a the new zelda (not wind waker) is in the system. But now earthbound is coming I'm really thinking about getting one later in the year. Oh nintendo you crafty guys!

Croprotation

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Griffondo

10. Posted:

Well, I got my Earthbound cart for 60$ on Ebay a few years ago, I'd like to hope it would come down in price.

The Nintendo Life Metalhead.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Croprotation

11. Posted:

I've only just started collecting retro games. I think to be honest I'm going to concentrate on NES as it has good memories for me. The rest I'm happy to get on VC. Plus getting a wii u I can still get some cool new nintendo games. Plus earthbound for around £10 on VC is great value. Plus I hope this means they may just release the rest of the series (fingers crossed).

Edited on by Croprotation

Croprotation

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

12. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

Well, EarthBoundCentral has pointed out the price has been dropping since the WiiU announcement.
But it's probably not going to return to the general area of $30 loose/$50 complete it was until about 2007, which the price inflation started.

@KingMike: You are kidding right? The cartridge only is selling for over $150 now. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=10&_sacat=0&_from...

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

13. Posted:

No, I'm saying that's about what it was worth in like 2007, before the prices started going crazy.

KingMike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

14. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

No, I'm saying that's about what it was worth in like 2007, before the prices started going crazy.

I read your comment as you were saying prices for the cartridge are currently dropping because of the Wii U VC announcement? The carts are currently going for around $150 which not a sign of dropping IMO. Maybe I just have not been paying good enough attention lately.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

15. Posted:

$150 is still a little bit of a drop though, it was over $200 before the announcement.

KingMike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

16. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

$150 is still a little bit of a drop though, it was over $200 before the announcement.

this is true. even like 250$

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Croprotation

17. Posted:

It's a lot of money to pay for a game you might not like though?

Croprotation