Forums

Topic: The Official GameCube Thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 585

Ninfan

Faithfull wrote:

Sorry if this has been asked before but couldn't see. I have a Japanese GC on its way to me and i wondered if anyone know of any lists of games from japan that had the option of english language or subtitles?

@Faithfull DONT BUY THE F-ZERO GX JAPANESE VERSION. ITS NOT REALLY ANY GOOD. IT JUST HAS SOME OF THE TRACKS AND NO STORY MODE OR UPGRADES FOR YOUR RACER. THE BRITISH VERSION IS ALOT BETTER.

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Please don't post all caps comments, that's perceived as shouting. If you want to emphasize text, just make it bold instead.

And I've searched all evening, but I haven't been able to confirm or find anything about what you said, and this is the first time I've ever heard of it. It also seems highly unlikely to me. I did find this page, which details all the actual differences between the various versions:
https://crazygamenerd.web.fc2.com/FZGX_Version.html

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ninfan

@Faithfull i was shouting. well the japan import i bought was only last year .only the tracks and one racer was available in it. have a goog look before you buy it.

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan New GameCube games, especially ones with memory cards included or any other kind of special edition, aren't available anymore, unless they're owned by scalpers who've never opened them. And especially from people like that, I'd be highly suspicious of any claims of games still being "new"...

Besides, if you buy from a reputable game shop, then it doesn't matter if they're used or not, because they'll need to guarantee that the games that they sell are in full working order.

On a side note: you never specified what you meant in that earlier comment, so my answer still counts. And it's two examples, not just one.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
"thats a preowened copy, i meant a new one!"

I feel granted if i can find the pre-owned copy.

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Ninfan
"thats a preowened copy, i meant a new one!"

I feel granted if i can find the pre-owned copy.

@Anti-Matter i'v got loads of preowend games, i just ment in somthimg i said here, that animal crossing was 100 euro. what i was really getting at was the hype around animal crossing when it came out first nearly 20 years ago. i mean you ( where you live )got it before use. they did nothing but talk about it here till it was released. great game !

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Well, basically, any and all disc-based games should be okay, but as mentioned before, provided they come from a reputable game shop, which is bound by law to deliver a working product, that is in as mint a condition as they can offer it in. So, previously scratched discs will be polished/resurfaced, broken boxes will be replaced, etc. etc.

Over the years, I've bought quite a few used games for GameCube, PC, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii and Wii U, and all still work perfectly fine.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Faithfull

@ninfan and @ThanosReXXX

Thanks for the info/advice. I think then i will star compiling a list as and when i start purchasing games.(they are just so much cheaper for some reason, not to mention the game cases are better looking imho.) I have been told that all the Resident Evil/Biohazard games are in English with Japanese subtitles but still yet to check and confirm.

Edited on by Faithfull

Faithfull

ThanosReXXX

@Faithfull You're welcome.

RadioShadow

Faithfull wrote:

Sorry if this has been asked before but couldn't see. I have a Japanese GC on its way to me and i wondered if anyone know of any lists of games from japan that had the option of english language or subtitles?

From the ones I know of:

• Super Smash Bros DX (aka Melee): Both the Japan/USA allowed you to select you to select English or Japanese.
  • Puyo Puyo Fever (aka Puyo Pop Fever): All versions support Japanese/English voices, with Japanese/English/French/German/Spanish/Italian text. The PAL version disables the use of Japanese voice/text. <_<
  • Sonic Adventure 1 & 2: All versions support Japanese/English voices, with Japanese/English/French/German/Spanish/Italian text
  • Sonic Heroes/Shadow the Hedgehog/Sonic Riders: All regions have Japanese/English/French/German/Spanish/Italian text. Only the Japanese versions use Japanese Voices, while the rest use English.

This website is useful if you are curious what languages are supported for GameCube games: http://redump.org/discs/system/gc/letter/e/

These don't count, but English text is present on the Japanese disc:

• Star Fox Adventures
  • F-ZERO GX

If you play the game using a US/EU BIOS, but won't display them correctly.
When I tried Star Fox Adventures, it did load the text, but the alignment wasn't great.
F-ZERO GX was setup to load English assets, but since some don't exist, missing text/graphics don't display. The pilots profile does load the text, but it was lacking the paragraph spacing/some spelling errors.

EDIT 2:
According to redump.org, these have English language options:

• Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
  • Harry Potter to Kenja no Ishi (Philosopher's Stone)
  • Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II
  • Phantasy Star Online Episode III
  • V-Rally 3

Some games like Biohazard (Resident Evil) series, Top Gun: Ace of the Sky, and Battalion Wars use Japanese text, but the original English voices.

Ninfan wrote:

Faithfull wrote:

@Faithfull DONT BUY THE F-ZERO GX JAPANESE VERSION. ITS NOT REALLY ANY GOOD. IT JUST HAS SOME OF THE TRACKS AND NO STORY MODE OR UPGRADES FOR YOUR RACER. THE BRITISH VERSION IS ALOT BETTER.

The Japanese and International versions, are pretty much the same, with some minor changes. See here: https://tcrf.net/F-Zero_GX/Regional_Differences

The story mode is intact, along with all the tracks.

Edited on by RadioShadow

RadioShadow

Twitter:

ThanosReXXX

@RadioShadow Yeah, just like I said. I have literally no idea where the hell he got the nonsense from that these versions are wildly different. My previous post also has a link to a site that explains all the (rather minor) differences, and they mention nothing about missing content.

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Illegal copies of GameCube and Wii games is a topic that's not allowed. Just use Google for that, and see for yourself.

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

anyone use the dolphin emulator. if they do, do they know where to get the games for it. i know there's sites to get them on but which one's the best?

Play the Wii / Gamecube games just the way it is without emulator.

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

I don't think it's illegal to download gamecube games from the net . They get there money from people using the net cost 40 euro a month and I have to buy some programmes if I want to download them. I mean there not FREE. I need Windows that 100 euro . I need a safe search that's 100 euro I need some zip files thats 20 euro and some other stuff which all were up to nearly 400 euro.

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan You REALLY can't be that clueless. OF COURSE it's illegal. Why do you think that Nintendo has ordered the take down of all these ROM sites over the last couple of years? And that was mostly about NES, SNES and N64 ROMs, so don't even think for a second that something from a later generation of consoles is free from persecution or doesn't fall under illegal practices.

And just because websites charge you for downloads, doesn't make it any more legal. And what the hell has buying Windows have to do with anything? Sorry, but to factor that into the total cost, that's just stupid...

Ninfan

I need Windows to download the dolphin emulator...

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan So? That still has nothing to do with anything. The emulator itself is legal, but ROMs of official games aren't, and Nintendo doesn't care about you having to pay for an internet connection or an operating system for your computer, so you can pirate their games. So, no matter which way you're trying to turn it, it's illegal, period.

By the way: why don't you use the reply button? It's a coincidence that I just happened to see a new post in this thread on the front page of the site, but that isn't always the case, so you really should learn how to use that reply button.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic