5. Hello Kitty Roller Rescue
6. Bomberman Generations
7. Paper Mario The Thousands Years Door
8. Super Mario Sunshine
9. Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex
10. Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
11. Pokemon Channel
12. PK: Out of the Shadows
13. Muscle Champion Kinnikuto Kessen (Japan)

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter you said you still have three gamecube games. Did you sell all the games you had or are you just starting to get into gamecube. I looked up how many gamecube games there was .it said 661 in Japan and 601 in europe and 621 in North america .where would I get a list of these 40 Japanese games and can you tell me are they any good . I think these are games ( what's the name of the fellow made all these Mario games, I can never say it correctly)are made by him

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
I didn't sell any Gamecube games i owned.
I have started playing Gamecube games on February 2017 after i got Gamecube memory card to be used on my Wii.
I rarely to buy Gamecube games from Ebay or playasia due to my hype right now on 3DS / Switch games. Some of Gamecube games are Almost extinct from Ebay due to its rarity.
I have 13 Gamecube titles on my list because those are the ONLY Gamecube games i want to play / i have interest about.
I don't care with 600+ Gamecube titles because i only play the games i want to play.
I don't play Gamecube games like most peoples play.
I have very specific different interest in gaming.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
Well, those 13 Gamecube games i have mentioned above.
1. Harvest Moon Magical Melody
2. The Sims Bustin' Out
3. Kao the Kangaroo Round 2
4. The Sims
5. Hello Kitty Roller Rescue
6. Bomberman Generations
7. Paper Mario The Thousands Years Door
8. Super Mario Sunshine
9. Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex
10. Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
11. Pokemon Channel
12. PK: Out of the Shadows
13. Muscle Champion Kinnikuto Kessen (Japan)

Why just only 13 games ? Because those are the ONLY Gamecube games i have interest about.
I don't play Smash Bros Brawler, F-Zero, Zelda games, etc because i don't have interest with them.

Anti-Matter

Gamecuber

@Ninfan when the system was current gen I only had 11 games for it (I owned a PS2 as my main system so had to split my limited funds between the two). Now after collecting from 2012 I have around 100. The games are not too hard to get in the UK, but some are very expensive.

@Anti-Matter there’s some really good games on your list. Billy Hatcher is a forgotten gem. I wouldn’t bother with the Sims; it is no where near as good as the original PC game. However, Bustin’ out is good fun due to the story mode. It also goes without saying that Super Mario Sunshine is great. I enjoyed it just as much as Mario 64. I only got frustrated by the camera (the one major weakness in the game) on one particular level and then only for one shine.

‘You swapped three different N64 games for Pokemon Stadium? Where’s your pride? Your dignity?!?

‘…I traded it for a Pikachu’

Anti-Matter

@Gamecuber
At least, The Sims 1 console version have More character edit, same songs as The Sims 1 PC, same NPC behaviours as The Sims 1 PC, playing in Full 3D despite still mediocre 3D rendering, but limited building space (No 2nd floor, no stairs, no roof, premade pool shape)

Anti-Matter

Gamecuber

@Anti-Matter yeah and it took up a whole 59 block, grey memory card for the cube too 😂

‘You swapped three different N64 games for Pokemon Stadium? Where’s your pride? Your dignity?!?

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Did you mean Shigeru Miyamoto?

@Anti-Matter I think that number 13 in your list is called differently. It is from the Kinnikuman series, but the GameCube only had this one:
Untitled
The Japanese title for that one is "Kinnikuman Nisei New Generation vs. Legends".

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ninfan

@ThanosReXXX yeah that's the name .is that one of the games he made that gamecube cover you just put up. Did you get many of the games he made for gamecube.. I think they were dear at the time around 250 euro each...

Ninfan

Ninfan

@ThanosReXXX yeah that's the name .is that one of the games he made that gamecube cover you just put up. Did you get many of the games he made for gamecube.. I think they were dear at the time around 250 euro each...

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan No, he was not responsible for that game. Mr. Miyamoto was lead designer/programmer on many of the Mario games, and of course only of Nintendo's own in-house games. This wrestling game is made by a third party developer.

As for the games I own: I have pretty much all GameCube games made by Nintendo themselves, and a couple of others, which makes a total of around 200 games. But they were never as expensive as you mentioned. Well, at least not at the time when the GameCube was the current console. Nowadays, some games are indeed more expensive, either because they're rare or because of collectors driving up the price, but I've bought all of them when they were new, so I never paid more than around 50 - 60 for them.

@Anti-Matter Ah, of course. The one I showed wasn't chibi enough...
But in all seriousness: Ultimate Muscle is still a pretty good game, though. And lots of six packs, that you like so much.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Gamecuber

I’ve calmed down my collecting considerably and there’s just a handful of want to get (but they do tend to be the more expensive games):

Star Fox Assault: I know it’s not great but it is Star Fox.
Pikmin 2: yeah, the Wii version is probably better, but that is a similar price unless I just download it on Wii U.
Zelda: Twilight Princess (I had it, completed it and somehow lost it, the only game I have ever lost!)
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Resident Evil 2 + 3: I have 2 on N64 cart and 3 on PS1 disc but it would be nice to finish the set on GCN. However £20+ is a bit pricey for old ports...

Edited on by Gamecuber

ThanosReXXX

@Gamecuber I've got both the GameCube and Wii version of Pikmin, and other than the added Wii remote control scheme, they're exactly the same game, so I don't feel like one is a better game than the other.

Or are you talking about Pikmin 3, since you mentioned the Wii U?

Gamecuber

@ThanosReXXX both Pikmin 1 and 2 are available on download as the ‘New Play Control’ versions for Wii on the Wii U e-shop for £18. I have the first physically which I picked up new for £5 in Toys r’ us years ago. The second now goes for £20+ second hand for the Wii version and £40+ for the cube version.

I have Pikmin 3 (I have 80 retail Wii U games) and like most of the Wii U games I need to actually play it at some point 😂

ThanosReXXX

@Gamecuber Ah okay. Never really did much with the Wii U's eShop, seeing as I was a very late adopter.
I also have the Wii U version, and played the first quarter, I think, but after that, my back log kept growing and growing, so I do need to get back to it at some point, but it'll probably take a while longer...

1UP_MARIO

@ThanosReXXX you have to finish pikmin 3. It’s definitely one of the best games on the Wii u. It’s late summer and those fruits you collect in pikmin 3 look so refreshing 😉

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

ThanosReXXX

@1UP_MARIO Oh, not to worry, I will. I'm just not sure when or how...

#blameitonthebacklog

Ninfan

So nintendo life picked the top 50 gamecube games. I think PN03 should have been in it

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic