Forums

Topic: The Official GameCube Thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 585

jay81uk

I did with a third party wired controller. Doesn't explain why the wireless connection won't work between the receiver and the controller as soon as you put the disc in lol

It's impossible to use the controller.

jay81uk

Ninfan

@jay81uk sorry I thought you never played it before ,stuff happen in the game that makes you think it's not working right . I thought it was that

Ninfan

jay81uk

It's very unusual. Not sure how a game could cause it but I'm guessing it's a faulty controller somehow.

I'll buy an extension cable lol

jay81uk

ThanosReXXX

@jay81uk Does it not work at all in Eternal Darkness? As in: also not in the initial menu and so on?
If it does, then it might indeed just be the game messing with you. That's simply programmed into it, to make you think you have faulty hardware. It's kind of the gimmick of the game. But if you are actually experiencing that, the game should tell you. A message will appear on screen, saying the controller is disconnected. If that's not it, then you're controller may indeed be defective.

A final thing you could try, is putting the wireless receiver in the second controller port, instead of the first one. Oh, and just in case: you might want to check if the batteries in the controller are still full enough. That could also be one of the issues.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ninfan

Favourite games on gamecube
1)luigis mansion
2)mario sunshine
3)pikmin
4)eternal darkness
5)super smash brothers
6)super monkey ball
7)P.N.03
8)KILLER 7
9)mario kart double dash
10)viewtiful joe
11)F-ZERO GX
12)metroid prime
13)billy hatcher
14) star fox adventure
15)mario golf
16)mario tennis
17)1080 avalanche
18)soul calibur 2
19)resident evil zero
20)resident evil ( remastered)
21)resident evil 2(remastered)
22)resident evil code veronica(remastered)
23)resident evil nemisis(remastered)
24)resident evil 4
25) GEIST
26)mario smash football
27)battalion wars
28)chibi robo
29)zelda ocrina of time
30)zelda the wind waker
31)animal crossing
32)metal gear solid
33)wave race
34)doshin the giant
35)giftpia
36)star fox assault
37)donkey konga jungle beat
38)metroid prime 2 echoes
39)megaman network treasures
40)legend of zelda four sowards
41)kirby air ride
42)pikmin 2
43)zelda twilight princess
44)super monkey ball 2
45)dance dance revolution Mario mix
46)mario superstar baseball
47)odama
48)fire emblem
49 tales of symphonies
50)baten katos-eternal wing at lost ocean
51)fire emblem
52baten katos origns
53)legend of zelda majoras mask
54)wario ware inc
55)wave race blue storm

Over 50 great games .that I still play today. I didn't mention all the great third party games which is about another twohundred brilliant games. Was the dreamcast better than this. Now to mention all the brilliant games on the game boy advance

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan You've got some pretty weird, non-existing titles in there...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan

29)zelda Oceania of time
30)zelda the wind asked
36)star for assault
40)legend of zelda four towards
49)games of symphonies
50)dale katos-eternal wing at lost ocean
52baten mail's- origns
53)legend of zelda majors make

I guess you've either been typing on your phone, or have some weird kind of spell checker/auto correct going on, but simply checking what you typed yourself, after you finished the comment, could have easily corrected that.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

1UP_MARIO

@Ninfan These titles are better than the originals.

I like “zelda the wind asked”. Would’ve been a great title.
Also “zelda majors make” and “star for assault”.
Good stuff

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Ninfan

Woomy_NNYes wrote:

Anyone ever finish Metroid Prime or Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes? I never finished those.

@Woomy_NNYes I finished metroid prime. With a walk through. I don't think I scanned every thing . At the end samus takes off the viser and you see it's a womam...

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
"29)zelda Oceania of time
30)zelda the wind asked
36)star for assault
40)legend of zelda four towards
49)games of symphonies
50)dale katos-eternal wing at lost ocean
52baten mail's- origns
53)legend of zelda majors make"

🤣🤣🤣
LOL
I wonder if i can try Megaman Network Treasures.....
I have never heard that title.

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter yeah really sorry about the spelling. I didn't bother to check it before I posted it . I'll edit it now. Again sorry

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

Ninfan wrote:

@1UP_MARIO people get the idea .you know what I mean

No offense, but far as I'm concerned, it's just a bit of sloppy typing/typing too fast, or allowing auto-spell check to mess up the names. And it really isn't all that hard to type the titles correctly, especially seeing as you were able to do just fine with all of the other titles, which make the weird ones stand out even more.

Oh, and the original name of Mega Man on the GameCube was Mega Man Network Transmission:
Untitled

P.S.

There's still errors in the titles...

DISCLAIMER:
Please don't take this comment too heavy. It's just me pulling your leg a little...

Gamecuber

@ThanosReXXX I’ve lost track of the times I’ve had to edit my posts due to the overly enthusiastic autocorrect on my phone! 😁

‘You swapped three different N64 games for Pokemon Stadium? Where’s your pride? Your dignity?!?

‘…I traded it for a Pikachu’

ThanosReXXX

@Gamecuber In the past, I've tried using my phone to post comments a couple of times, but personally, I absolutely HATE doing that, so I can relate to that. In the case of this site, it's also because of the mobile format and the inability to block ads and so on, as effectively as it does on PC.

And I do also despise touch screens for keyboard typing. Nowadays, I only browse sites and look at comments, but don't reply, unless I'm at my PC desk at home.

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter what's your really really favourite 10 gamecube games or just 10 you like off the top of your head

Ninfan

Gamecuber

I have about 100 games for the cube, but my favourites are pretty much the ones I had when the system was current gen (2003-2006) for me:

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker (plus Ocarina of Time bonus disc).
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast.
Super Smash Bros. Melee.
Resident Evil
Star Wars Rogue Leader.
Resident Evil Zero
Sonic Mega Collection
Mari Kart Double Dash!!
Metroid Prime
Resident Evil 4

I’ve played some real gems since then (Super Monkey Ball, Beyond Good and Evil, Timesplitters 2, F Zero GX, Luigi’s Mansion, Zelda Twilight Princess and of course 100% Mario Sunshine) but I always come back to those first 10 (I had Star Fox Adventures too, but could never get into it).

‘You swapped three different N64 games for Pokemon Stadium? Where’s your pride? Your dignity?!?

‘…I traded it for a Pikachu’

Ninfan

@Gamecuber how many gamecube games did you have or how many do you have???

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic