Forums

Topic: The Official GameCube Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 282

1UP_MARIO

Mario kart double dash
Windwaker limited edition with ocarina of time master quests
Pikmin 2

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Gamecuber

@1UP_MARIO 3 discs; ocarina and master quest are in a separate disc 😁

Can’t blame you though, those were the games I got with the system way back in 2003...

‘You swapped those 3 games for Pokemon Stadium? Where’s your pride? You’re dignity?!?

‘....I traded it for a Pikachu...’

1UP_MARIO

@Gamecuber ok then 😞
Double dash
Pikmin
Pikmin 2

BlueOcean

Double Dash is the Mario Kart that is the most fun and still is a racing game.

BlueOcean

Grumblevolcano

@Gamecuber Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, F-Zero GX and Metroid Prime.

F-Zero GX is one of the few racing games with good single player (F-Zero X, Diddy Kong Racing, Crash Team Racing and the Sumo Digital Sonic racing games are the others that come to mind) and the other 2 games I picked are very good quality lengthy single player only games that I've played through many times and haven't gotten bored of (though I've held off playing the Prime games since those Prime Trilogy Switch rumours started).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

I mean, if you're stuck on an island, you want to bring something like Animal Crossing, and not a short game like Pikmin (sorry, Pikmin).

Octane

1UP_MARIO

@Octane yes but he didn’t say how long your stuck on the island

Gamecuber

Just realised the 3 disc limit will be an issue for anyone choosing any of the resident evil games, or anything on double disc...

I’ve never gotten very far on Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (only actually completed Prime 1 on Wii u download of trilogy). That would probably be a good one to take. I’ve heard it’s quite tough...

Edited on by Gamecuber

‘You swapped those 3 games for Pokemon Stadium? Where’s your pride? You’re dignity?!?

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit Hahaha, good one. Didn't even occur to me that Wind Waker might inspire feelings of wanting to leave the deserted island that we're supposed to play these games on...

@baller98

Untitled

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Gamecuber Well, you said three games, not three discs, so it doesn't matter if some games come on two discs, seeing as it still counts as one game, except for that Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker Limited Edition.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

gcunit

In my book, you can take Wind Waker Limited Edition with the Ocarina disc too and count it as one game. It was a single release so I count it as just one in such matters.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

RedderRugfish

Zelda Collector's Edition was just one disc. 4 games.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

ThanosReXXX

@RedderRugfish Mine came in a gold colored DVD box, with the Wind Waker, so definitely two discs.

gcunit

RedderRugfish wrote:

Zelda Collector's Edition was just one disc. 4 games.

@ThanosReXXX The Zelda Collector's Edition is not the same thing as the Wind Waker LE.

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by gcunit

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Gamecuber

@ThanosReXXX yep, you’re right. I confused myself because I said discs earlier in the same post. Well spotted! 🙂

Currently playing some Wario world. The menu music is so annoying, I’ve had to mute it whilst I type this!

Edited on by Gamecuber

Gamecuber

Today I ‘upgraded’ to a 20’’ crt tv for retro games that was lying around at work.

It’s even got a built in VHS player.

Let’s party like it 1999!

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit Ah, yes. I didn't confuse them initially, though. When I first mentioned it, I said Limited Edition. Only after @RedderRugfish made his comment, I responded to that, probably indicating that I might possibly meant the Collector's Edition.

Either way: I have both of them, so I'm good.
I got that Collector's Edition from Nintendo's Star Catalog. Back in the day when they actually still had good (and actually realistically collectable) items to save points for...

BlueOcean

Gamecuber wrote:

Currently playing some Wario world. The menu music is so annoying, I’ve had to mute it whilst I type this!

I know, it's sooooooo annoying, if we can call that music. Whenever I checked the menu which you have to do for the inventory I had to turn the volume off. The game is pretty fun in my opinion but a bit confusing if you want to get 100%, which I did.

BlueOcean

NikBoToon

I do wish Nintendo would release a Gamecube mini in 2019 or next year soon. Cause i wanna see 25 games with Mario and everything. Right?

Old school games, retro games, Nintendo, SEGA, PlayStation, you name it! 😉👍

Luigi-number1

I wish your wish comes true. I don’t even own 25 gamecube games. But wouldn’t a 64mini be coming before the cube. 25 games will be more or less 30gb of space so a gamecube mini will cost more than the Nintendo switch

Luigi-number1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic