Forums

Topic: The Official GameCube Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 585

ThanosReXXX

@Gamecuber Hm... which 30 games would I take with me?
Wait, WHAT??? Only THREE??? Aw, man... that's too hard of a choice.

I started to think Mario Sunshine, Wave Race Blue Storm and Rogue Squadron 2, but then I thought:
"But what about 1080 Avalanche? F-Zero GX? And Mario Tennis? Mario Golf? Beach Spikers? R: Racing Evolution? Time Splitters? Metroid Prime 1 & 2? Zelda the Wind Waker? SSX?" and I could easily name 20 or so more.

But I guess if I had to, I could enjoy myself with those three I mentioned first.

I do wonder which three others would pick, or if they would find it equally tough to just select such a small number...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Banjo-

I used the connectivity in The Wind Waker but most of the times in Animal Crossing. I also tried it in Four Swords but never tried it in Crystal Chronicles. I posted my favourite games before, Wave Race Blue Storm would be one, read my older comment for the others.

Banjo-

Ralizah

@Gamecuber Resident Evil. Super Mario Sunshine. Metroid Prime.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

gcunit

@Gamecuber @ThanosReXXX I would have to avoid Wind Waker and Wave Race as the ability to leave the land and cross the sea would be like torture if I were stuck on the island.

Rogue Squadron was my primary reason for getting a 'Cube in the first place, for my SW fix, so I'd have to take one of those, plus maybe FIFA '06 for my football fix and Mario Kart Double Dash for my racing and mushroom kingdom fix.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

gcunit

baller98 wrote:

Mario Strikers Charged

Sorry, but you're getting sacrificed to the sea gods for that - no Wii games allowed

Edited on by gcunit

Gamecuber

@RedderRugfish kind of defeats the object of being stuck on an island if you can talk to the world online 😁

I went with Super Mario Sunshine, Wind waker and Double Dash initially, because of the whole ‘island vibe’ of the first two and the third being my favourite Mario Kart.

But then I’d probably be sick of islands quite quickly and lonely with the lack of multiplayer partners!

‘You swapped three different N64 games for Pokemon Stadium? Where’s your pride? Your dignity?!?

‘…I traded it for a Pikachu’

1UP_MARIO

Mario kart double dash
Windwaker limited edition with ocarina of time master quests
Pikmin 2

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Gamecuber

@1UP_MARIO 3 discs; ocarina and master quest are in a separate disc 😁

Can’t blame you though, those were the games I got with the system way back in 2003...

‘You swapped three different N64 games for Pokemon Stadium? Where’s your pride? Your dignity?!?

1UP_MARIO

@Gamecuber ok then 😞
Double dash
Pikmin
Pikmin 2

Banjo-

Double Dash is the Mario Kart that is the most fun and still is a racing game.

Banjo-

Grumblevolcano

@Gamecuber Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, F-Zero GX and Metroid Prime.

F-Zero GX is one of the few racing games with good single player (F-Zero X, Diddy Kong Racing, Crash Team Racing and the Sumo Digital Sonic racing games are the others that come to mind) and the other 2 games I picked are very good quality lengthy single player only games that I've played through many times and haven't gotten bored of (though I've held off playing the Prime games since those Prime Trilogy Switch rumours started).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

I mean, if you're stuck on an island, you want to bring something like Animal Crossing, and not a short game like Pikmin (sorry, Pikmin).

Octane

1UP_MARIO

@Octane yes but he didn’t say how long your stuck on the island

Gamecuber

Just realised the 3 disc limit will be an issue for anyone choosing any of the resident evil games, or anything on double disc...

I’ve never gotten very far on Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (only actually completed Prime 1 on Wii u download of trilogy). That would probably be a good one to take. I’ve heard it’s quite tough...

Edited on by Gamecuber

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit Hahaha, good one. Didn't even occur to me that Wind Waker might inspire feelings of wanting to leave the deserted island that we're supposed to play these games on...

@baller98

Untitled

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Gamecuber Well, you said three games, not three discs, so it doesn't matter if some games come on two discs, seeing as it still counts as one game, except for that Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker Limited Edition.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

gcunit

In my book, you can take Wind Waker Limited Edition with the Ocarina disc too and count it as one game. It was a single release so I count it as just one in such matters.

ThanosReXXX

@RedderRugfish Mine came in a gold colored DVD box, with the Wind Waker, so definitely two discs.

gcunit

RedderRugfish wrote:

Zelda Collector's Edition was just one disc. 4 games.

@ThanosReXXX The Zelda Collector's Edition is not the same thing as the Wind Waker LE.

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by gcunit

Gamecuber

@ThanosReXXX yep, you’re right. I confused myself because I said discs earlier in the same post. Well spotted! 🙂

Currently playing some Wario world. The menu music is so annoying, I’ve had to mute it whilst I type this!

Edited on by Gamecuber

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic