Forums

Topic: The GameCube & N64 Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 134

Fiyaball

Finally got some good n64 controllers (see also: first party n64 controllers), so we're going to have some N64 fun at the gaming club. (Goldeneye is already a definite)

Fiyaball

10-zx

@KidRad

It just occurred to me, almost 2 fricken' years later, that you are very much biased about the NES/SNES.

I am also very much biased about the N64/GCN, so I'm just as guilty.

All rights reserved.

Vinny

I was playing TTYD some weeks ago and I'm on chapter 3. Not hard to see why people love this game. Other than that, I've played a bit of MP1, Mario Sunshine, Air Ride, Wind Waker, Megaman X: Command Mission, but I haven't finished any game other than SA: DX. Just exploring the console's library by now.

To those who played the different versions of the game: Are the 2 Pikmin games better on the GC or with the Wii controllers?

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

10-zx

@Vinny

I've beaten Pikmin 1 & 2 on the GCN, and played Pikmin 3 with the Wii Remote, and my preference is by far the GameCube controller. That also goes for the Metroid Prime titles.

You probably shouldn't take it from me though, as I am extremely biased. I think the GCN controller is the best control input device that ever existed on the face of the planet.

Still, I think it's better to have sticks and buttons rather than point and click. Though, I can see why they ported those games to the Wii. They fit rather well.

All rights reserved.

10-zx

@UK-Nintendo

Yes. GameCube love.

The best kind of love.

Your welcome.

Edited on by 10-zx

All rights reserved.

Ryu_Niiyama

Going back and finishing Viewtiful joe 1 and 2. I bought them back in college but got busy and forgot to complete them. Such a good game series with a deep timing system. Been on a capcom kick lately.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Freek

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums but absolutely love my Cube and N64.
I'm an Aussie collector and have amassed a pretty good collection of games, not just Nintendo related either.
I currently own around 65 Cube games all mint, I have a copy of Ikaruga on my GC unopened still sealed as I downloaded it on my 360 instead to save opening it.
It's slowly growing but not as much as my 64 collection.

Untitled

I added 5 more CIB 64 games this week.
Dual Heroes (brand new), Scooby Doo, ROCKET: Robot on wheels, Nagano Winter Olympics and Pokemon Snap.
That brings my total up to around 145 CIB N64 games, give or take.

My daughter loves playing my 64 with me because of all the excellent platformers.
It's getting harder to find good condition Australian N64 games complete since I started about 5 years ago.

I have a massive backlog to get through which I'm really looking forward to.

Here's a link to my collection.
http://retroaus.boards.net/thread/60/freekss-games-collection

Edited on by Freek

Freek

Nintendo Network ID: Freek001

10-zx

No, everyone hail the portable GCN!

The original is also good!

All rights reserved.

Freek

So I thought i'd share my love of all things Cube & 64.
Still adding to both.
My Cube games.

Untitled

My N64 cabinets with some of my N64 games. I have 4 of these cabinets and one big one.

Untitled

Untitled

Freek

10-zx

@KiWiiU_Freek

Congratulations! That's quite a collection!

Even I don't have nearly that amount of Cube games. I don't even have a 64!

And I started this thread!

Edited on by 10-zx

All rights reserved.

Freek

@iGen
Thanks, most of the Cube games I bought on release, added a few down the track.
My N64 collection is turning into a beast, hate to think how much money I've poured into it.
Adding to it every month.

Freek

ogo79

both of these systems suck. therefore they are no good because i said so.
the only good game for 64 is doom 64 and the gamecube is only good for playing gba games. the gamecube is a mother 3 machine and nothing more.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Vinny

The last GC game I've played was Super Monkey Ball. It starts easy and gets impossible.

I would like to know more about P.N 03, Billy Hatcher, Star Fox Adventures, Timesplitters 2 and Rayman 3.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Tasuki

So for multiplayer night with the guys I decided to play No Mercy on the N64. It looks dated as heck but it's still a blast to play especially with 4 other people.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

Tasuki wrote:

So for multiplayer night with the guys I decided to play No Mercy on the N64. It looks dated as heck but it's still a blast to play especially with 4 other people.

...you just lost 4 friends by forcing them to play n64 games unless it was doom 64, but on the bright side of things this is a good way to run off unwanted guests.
and being christmas is right around the corner you just saved some cash on 4 friends.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

gcunit

@ogo79 Can I suggest that unless you have some appreciation to share about the subjects of this thread, that you stop trolling and find something else that you can contribute positively to? Thanks.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Fiyaball

ogo79 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

...you just lost 4 friends by forcing them to play n64 games

Hey, at least it wasn't ReVolt

Fiyaball

ogo79

Tasuki wrote:

Don't worry @ogo79, I still love your witty style of humor.

Fiyaball wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

...you just lost 4 friends by forcing them to play n64 games

Hey, at least it wasn't ReVolt

lol i just looked that up actually.
thanks to everyone for the kind words!

the_shpydar wrote:

Sorry, this topic has been locked.