Forums

Topic: The N64 Thread

Posts 181 to 200 of 302

1UP_MARIO

@Zuljaras there is the scart to hdmi adapter or upscaler. You’ll find them on amazon/eBay but I’ve been unlucky with them. You can find some reviews on YouTube.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

1UP_MARIO

@Lone_Beagle correct. Our pal Mario 64 runs at 25fps and ntsc run it at 30fps

1UP_MARIO

@Zuljaras that’s good if he can sort it out.
It might be this one
Untitled

That one also upscales but they are usually 25 - 30 pounds on eBay/amazon

Hopefully enough time to find some good deals on games

Banjo-

Zuljaras wrote:

BlueOcean wrote:

Zuljaras wrote:

@1UP_MARIO Thank you.

Oh well.

Ahh sorry. THANK YOU for the help! It turns out my TV does not have such connections. I guess the RGB and the S-video are out.

Ha ha ha, OK! I only searched everything for you. No problem.

Zuljaras wrote:

@1UP_MARIO Your guy told me that I need s-video N64 cable + hdmi converter. They are out of stock currently but he will send me an email in 2-3 weeks when they arrive.

If you get that you still could have issues with a not modified PAL console. You haven't read the guide, have you? Not all PAL consoles have good S-video output. Just a warning.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Banjo-

1UP_MARIO wrote:

@Zuljaras there is the scart to hdmi adapter or upscaler. You’ll find them on amazon/eBay but I’ve been unlucky with them. You can find some reviews on YouTube.

So you don't know about any worth getting and doesn't cost a fortune, right?

Banjo-

1UP_MARIO

@BlueOcean I looked into various upscalers and hdmi adapters as I did connect it to my hdtv but then ended up keeping my crt. It’s the only way I feel n64 needs to be played. It looks great. I have 64 games on my Wii and Wii u virtual console but I get more satisfaction playing on actual hardware on a actual tv it was meant to be played on. Yes I’m a old fart 😉

Banjo-

@1UP_MARIO No problem. It's just that I hope that the CRT TV doesn't die. It's big and it's in the living room but oh well, let's keep playing N64 like this, it reminds me of my childhood.

Banjo-

Zuljaras

@BlueOcean @1UP_MARIO Yes that's the one.

Today I ordered my N64 and I wonder if there are fake consoles? I know that there are fake cartridges but are there fake consoles?

Also here is the console itself:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I got it for 40$. And I am expecting it to come tomorrow.

1UP_MARIO

@Zuljaras nope that isn’t fake and good purchase 😉

Zuljaras

@1UP_MARIO Also the guy you recommended told me that the dark grey N64 consoles support s-video. This one comes with only AV cable so I hope that the other cable is also compatible with it.

The only ones that does not support s-video are the special editions colored N64 consoles.

1UP_MARIO

@Zuljaras correct. I have the same one

Banjo-

@Zuljaras Let us know when you get it and once you try the S-video signal.

Banjo-

Banjo-

@Zuljaras Well, it seems that it's in good condition, an early model and PAL. You can upgrade it in the future if you want to.

Banjo-

Banjo-

Zuljaras wrote:

@BlueOcean Upgrade it? How and why?

What we discussed yesterday, to RGB and if you want.

Banjo-

Zuljaras

@RedderRugfish @BlueOcean Just got it

Untitled

Unfortunately I do not own any games and I cant test it. The light turns red and that is it I read that I need a cartridge in the console to have a video

My Castlevania 64 will arrive in the following week or two.

I will use it ONLY for a selected 5-10 games but it is so exciting to own it nevertheless!
My first N64!

Banjo-

@Zuljaras Congratulations! It seems to be in very good condition. Now you can play any PAL cartridge, the first one Castlevania 64.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic