Forums

Topic: The N64 Thread

Posts 161 to 167 of 167

BougieBeetle

@ReaderRagfish Do you think the complexity is ever a double-edged sword? I'm thinking of the Dodgems in Witchyworld. You have to use Humba to access Mumbo, Mumbo to open the door to the Dodgems, and then Humba again to pay the Dodgems toll, and then you still have to play three rounds of a minigame to get the Jiggy. There's other examples too, like the Styracosaurus family and the pigs in Jolly Roger's Lagoon.

But yeah, overall I like taking Chuffy between levels and finding hidden shortcuts. It's such a huge jump over BK where you only needed to do one revisit.

onesetageatatime.com

ReaderRagfish

@BougieBeetle Maybe to some, the complexity would prove to be too much at times. Satisfying the pigs in Jolly Roger Lagoon is probably the most blatant example, seeing as you meet them in an early level and yet can't solve all their problems until the very last level.

But personally, I never was really bothered by it.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

BougieBeetle

@ReaderRagfish On this replay, it didn't bother me either, probably because I knew it was coming. I recall being more frustrated by those types of quests when I first played the game. Now, though, I really appreciate the complexity and how none of the level space is wasted.

I remember getting really confused about the pigs quest because I had completed Hailfire Peaks on the first trip, but didn't remember that I had to revisit it after using George the ice cube from Cloud Cuckooland to cool down the water.

onesetageatatime.com

SamusLv7

@BlueOcean guess who is in Smash?

Now playing:
Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default and Yooka-Laylee.

BlueOcean

Yep, I saw the Nintendo's Direct, woah! It's awesome news. Now please a new Banjo-Kazooie game.

BlueOcean

SamusLv7

@BlueOcean Agreed. Now is the perfect time to announce that.

Now playing:
Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default and Yooka-Laylee.

BougieBeetle

I'm so stoke for that, my dudes! I could barely contain myself at work when I saw the news and then the trailer had me grinning ear to ear. When I replayed Tooie recently I was thinking how perfect a smash character they would be but then I was like "nah it'll never happen." But Nintendo made this boy's dream come true!

Also side note, I usually love Inside Gaming Daily but yesterday Lawrence Sonntag was being v. antagonistic towards the Banjo franchise. Do better, Lawrence!

onesetageatatime.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic