Forums

Topic: The N64 Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 266

KingMike

Cutting up the game boxes to make them fit in a case seems like counterproductive to a box protector.
Might as well just get a scanner, scan the box and then print out the copy.

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike
you dont do what everyone else does?
store yer n64 games in a dumpster.
just dont store doom 64 and castlevania legacy of darkness there

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

@ogo79 I actually do have a Japanese copy of a Castlevania game, but I forget which one it is. Probably the earlier bad (worse?) one.

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike there are no bad castlevania games.
ever.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Ah, so that’s where Blockbuster dumped all the N64 cases. I was wondering where all the stock from our old Grapevine warehouse went to 😂

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@AlohaPizzaJack Which ones? The plastic covers, the one size fits all boxes, or the custom game cases?
Probably not that last one, seeing as that's their own product...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX The cases that hold N64 games. They've been around. Glad someone still found a viable market, though. The custom covers is what sells it

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@AlohaPizzaJack The custom game cases are from Blockbuster originally? Or the ones that Amazon are selling? If it's the former, then Custom Game Cases are basically lying through their teeth about making "their own" console specific cases, which would be rather pathetic, if you ask me...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX The design for CustomCases is very similar. Different strength of plastic, I can tell. The company didn't used the yellow channel locks back then, so the inside edges didn't have all that reinforcement, though.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Zelda1433

I love the N64. While I played the NES and SNES as a kid I didn't own them (had a Sega instead). N64 was the first system I truly wanted and asked for from my parents. My best friend owned one and we spent an entire weekend using a guide trying to obtain as many stars as we could in SM64. It was at that point I knew I needed one in my life.

All the memories playing SM64, Goldeneye, Mario Party 2, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Kart 64, Pokemon Snap, Donkey Kong 64...

I didn't play Ocarina of Time in its heyday unfortunately but thanks to the 3DS I finally played it start to finish in 2011 and it became (and still is) my favorite game of all time. I've beat it many times on N64.

To me the N64 was the perfect multiplayer machine. I was in middle school when I had it, and many a day was spent in Goldeneye multiplayer matches, or facing off against my friends on a Mario Party board. Miss those days a lot!

Switch FC: SW-5454-6221-5238

SamusLv7

@Zelda1433 Same here. It also was my third console.

Now playing:
Zelda BotW (DLC), Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default, Yooka-Laylee, Bravely Second.

gavvybiggs

Just bought an N64 off ebay. Can't wait for it to arrive! Never owned one before!

gavvybiggs

RedderRugfish

@gavvybiggs Which games are you getting?

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

1UP_MARIO

@gavvybiggs you won’t be disappointed. It’s a great system with good games

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

gavvybiggs

@ReaderRagfish The only one coming with it is an F 1 racing game! I deffo want to get Pilotwings, MK, and Mario 64 but other than that I am open to suggestions!

I just want games to fire up, get straight into a game and have some fun! Rather than loading, updates, logging into such and such servers, finding a match like the latest games and systems!

gavvybiggs

Zelda1433

@gavvybiggs Some suggestions - Diddy Kong Racing, F-Zero X, and Beetle Adventure Racing if you like racing games. Banjo Kazooie and SM64 for platformers. I personally love Mario Party 2, Pokemon Snap, and you have to get Goldeneye. If you're into Zelda games, obviously Ocarina and Majora's Mask.

Switch FC: SW-5454-6221-5238

BlueOcean

I will always recommend an Xbox One and Rare Replay to every single gamer for some polished N64 goodness. I have a RGB-modded N64 too. Diddy Kong Racing is a must-have for anyone with a N64 since it's one of the best games and it's not available anywhere else (oh well, on DS with low resolution, compressed audio and touch controls).

@Zelda1433 Such good taste. Similar memories here.

BlueOcean

BougieBeetle

I just finished a playthrough of Banjo-Tooie for the N64 (give or take 14 hour completion time), first time in many years, and it 100% holds up, my dudes. I used original hardware too so Jamjars' rhymes actually make sense, unlike XBLA. Shamelessly, I used the Nestking cheat from the very start, which massively cuts down on frustration. It's in Jiggywiggy's Temple so I say it's fair game! Grunty Industries is still by far the worst level, but thanks to foreknowledge it wasn't too bad. I'm still stunned by the ambition of the world's architecture and interconnected nature, something no other 3D platformer has ever accomplished in quite the same way.

What are y'all's thoughts on BT? Better than BK?

RedderRugfish

@BougieBeetle I first played Banjo Tooie after playing Super Mario 64 and Donkey Kong 64, and I loved it.

I think the thing I liked about it was instead of making more stuff to find, they made everything harder to find. In Banjo Kazooie and DK64, I felt that so many collectibles could be found just by wandering around the level for the first time and they honestly felt like freebies. It was never challenging getting enough items to progress. But in Banjo Tooie, you had to be more clever because you could fully explore most of the level and get almost all the notes, but only find 1 or 2 Jiggies.

Also, the level design is masterful. As frustrating as Grunty Industries could be, whoever designed it clearly put a ton of time and effort into making you have to experiment to get around, and making an average sized level feel huge. Everything is put in the levels for a reason, everything has a purpose and there's not much filler.

Overall, it was a game that took me a while before I 100% completed it, but I loved it. Besides Mario 64, it's probably my favorite 3D platformer on the system (which is saying a lot).

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic